Telangana University Nizamabad PhD Admission 2013
Nizamabad – 503 322,
Andhra Pradesh, India,
Website : www.telanganauniversity.ac.in.
Telangana University invites application from eligible candidates for admission to the following Doctor of Philosophy ( PhD ) programs 2013 – 2014 :
- PhD ( Arts )
- PhD ( Social Sciences )
- PhD ( Commerce and Business Management and Science )
Telangana University PhD Admission Course Specializations 2013 :
- PhD ( Arts ) : English, Hindi, Telugu Studies, Urdu
- PhD ( Social Sciences ) : Economics, Law, Mass Communication
- PhD ( Commerce and Business Management and Science ) : Applied Statistics, Botany, Chemistry and Geo – Informatics
Telangana University PhD Admission Eligibility Criteria 2013 :
- Candidate is eligible for registration / admission to Ph.D course in a subject, if he / she has obtained a post graduate degree from a recognized university or a post graduate degree through distance mode from a recognized university and approved by the distance education council ( DEC ), New Delhi, securing not less than 55% marks in the subject concerned at the post graduate degree ( 50% marks in the subject concerned at the post graduate degree in the case of SC / ST candidates )
- If the results of post graduate degree are declared in the form of grades / credits / cumulative points in their marks cards / transcripts, such grades / points shall be converted into percentage marks to assess the minimum eligibility criteria; and
- Has been awarded a research fellowship through a National Level Test namely UGC / CSIR / ICAR / ICMR; or has qualified in the UGC-CSIR NET examination or SLET / SET examination of Govt of Andhra Pradesh; has a M.Phil degree in the concerned subject; has a M.E. / M.Tech degree; or has qualified in the Ph.D eligibility test conducted by Telangana University ( qualifying in the Ph.D eligibility test does not guarantee admission to Ph.D programme ).
- Candidate satisfying the one or more of the eligibility criteria does not guarantee admission to Ph.D programme.
- The eligibility for admission of a foreign student who did his / her PG course in a foreign country / in an Indian University to the Ph.D programme of Telangana University, is decided by the Ph.D admission committee of the concerned faculty on the basis of the course content of the candidate in his / her PG degree.
- Further he / she shall submit a filled in application form to the Dean of the Faculty a comprehensive research proposal which includes the title of the research proposal, literature, objectives, work elements / research methodology and expected results.
Telangana University PhD Admission Eligibility Test 2013 :
- Candidates are admitted into Ph.D through an entrance examination in the form of Ph.D eligibility test conducted by the university once in every academic year.
- All the candidates who possess at least the minimum percentage of marks at the PG degree shall appear for the Ph.D eligibility test.
- However, the following categories are exempted from appearing for the Telangana University Ph.D eligibility test.
- Those who are awarded research fellowship in a National Level Test namely UGC / CSIR ( JRF ), ICMR, ICAR Research Fellowship Test; those who are UGC / CSIR NET or SLET / SET qualified; those who hold M.Phil degree from any recognized university in the concerned subject or an allied subject approved by Telangana University; and those who hold M.E. / M.Tech degree.
Telangana University PhD Admission Application Form 2013 :
- Telangana University PhD Admission application form can be Downloaded from Telangana University website : www.telanganauniversity.ac.in.
- The filled in Telangana University PhD Admission application forms along with requisite certificates and other enclosures and a crossed demand draft for 1,000/- ( 700/- in case of SC / ST candidates ) drawn on any Nationalized Bank in favour of “The Registrar, Telangana University, Dichpally, Nizamabad”, payable at SBI Telangana University.
- Filled Telangana University PhD Admission application form post by send to the following address :
The Director Admissions,
Dichpally, Nizamabad – 503 322.
Important Dates for Telangana University PhD Admission 2013 :
- Last date for submission of filled in applications is 23rd March, 2013