TERI University PhD AdmissionAdmission Notification »
TERI University PhD Admission 2019
TERI University invites admission applications for PhD programsfor the academic session 2019
TERI University PhD Admission Eligibility 2019
- Candidates must complete 02 years M.Sc / MA or M Phil in a relevant field or equivalent. 01 year PG degrees may be accepted in exceptional cases.
- In extremely exceptional cases the admission committee may consider an application from a candidate who possesses a B.Tech in a relevant field or equivalent. Only those who have a minimum CGPA of 8.0 on a 10 point scale or 75% marks should consider applying in this category.It may be noted that consideration under this category would be evaluated by an evaluation committee and would entail extended pre-Ph.D course work requirement.
- Candidates ( sponsored / non-sponsored ) applying on part-time basis need to have a minimum work experience of 3 years in organizations approved by the Department Research Committee.
Additional requirements for full-time sponsored candidates
- Sponsored candidates are required to submit a sponsoring certificate from their employers on proper letterhead stating that for the period of his / her studies in the programme, the candidate would be treated as on duty with usual salary and allowances and that he / she will be fully relieved for the period of study for pursuing his / her study and the fee of the candidate will be
paid by the sponsoring organization.
- Candidates seeking admissions to Ph.D programmes on the basis of study leave must show proof at the time of interview of the fact that they will be / have been granted study leave for a minimum period of three years
Additional requirements for part-time ( sponsored and non-sponsored ) candidates
- Non-sponsored candidates are required to submit a ‘No Objection Certificate’ at the time of interview from their employer stating that the candidate is permitted to pursue studies on a part-time basis and that
- His / her official duties permit him/her to devote sufficient time for research;
- The candidate shall be provided access to the facilities in the field of research
- He / she shall be permitted to attend classes at the University as required by the University
TERI University PhD Admission Application Form 2019
- Applications can be made on-line at www.teriuniversity.ac.in. The requisite payment of ₹ 1250/- can be made through credit card / direct bank debit through a secure gateway. Payment can also be done by sending a demand draft subsequent to on-line registration.
- Alternatively, the application forms and the information brochure can be obtained from Registrar, TERI SAS, 10, Institutional Area, Vasant Kunj, New Delhi – 110 070, or through post by sending a Demand Draft of ₹ 1500/- drawn in favour of ‘Registrar, TERI School of Advanced Studies’ payable at New Delhi. The completed application forms must reach the Registrar
- Application forms may also be downloaded from the Deemed University’s website www.teriuniversity.ac.in , in which case a DD of ₹ 1450/- must accompany the completed form. Candidates are permitted to apply for one or more of the programmes. In this case, candidates will be required to indicate their order of preference in the application form.
TERI University PhD Admission Selection Procedure 2019
- Selection will be made on the basis of a test / interview conducted by the University.
- Candidates may apply at any time throughout the year. Admission is subject to vacancies available in the relevant specializations. Categories of admission:
- Full time with assistantship / without assistantship
- Full time with UGC / CSIR / DBT /other research scheme scholarship
TERI University PhD Admission Important Dates 2019
|1||Issue of application form starts on||December, 2018|
|2||Last date of receipt of application forms||May, 2019|
|3||Scrutiny and shortlisting of Ph.D applications by Dept||June, 2019|
|4||Ph.D common admission test ( RAT )||June, 2019|
|5||Ph.D interviews||June, 2019|
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.