Thapar University PhD Admission 2016
Thapar University PhD Admission 2016
Thapar University invites application from eligible candidates for admission to Doctor of Philosophy ( PhD ) Program in the following departments / schools for the academic year 2016 – 2017.
Thapar University PhD Departments / Schools
- Biotechnology Department
- Chemical Engineering Department
- Civil Engineering Department
- Computer Science & Engineering Department
- Electrical & Instrumentation Engineering Department
- Electronics & Communication Engineering Department
- Mechanical Engineering Department
- LM Thapar School of Management
- School of Chemistry & Biochemistry
- School of Energy and Environment
- School of Humanities & Social Sciences
- School of Mathematics
- School of Physics & Materials Science
Thapar University PhD Admission Eligibility Criteria 2016
- A candidate seeking admission to the degree of Doctor of Philosophy must have obtained ME / MTech / MPhil / MCA / MSc / MA / MBA / CA or equivalent with minimum CGPA of 6.00 on a 10-point scale or 55% marks in aggregate where marks are awarded or NET ( UGC / CSIR ) qualified.
- Candidates with BE / BTech degree or equivalent with excellent academic record ( minimum CGPA of 9.00 on 10-point scale or 80% marks in aggregate ) may be considered for admission. Relaxation in CGPA to 7.00 on a 10-point scale or in marks to 65% for the minimum eligibility conditions may be permitted for candidates with a BE / BTech degree or equivalent who have a minimum of 3 years of professional and /or research experience in the area in which the admission is sought. However, candidates admitted with BE / BTech or equivalent qualification will be admitted for PhD after successful completion of eight Masters level courses as suggested by the PhD Admission Committee of concerned Department/School, within a period of two years from the date of admission. A minimum CGPA of 6.00 on a 10-point scale should be earned in the courses prescribed by the concerned Department / School.
- Part-time studies leading to PhD degree are permitted for professionally employed personnel. Part-time studies leading to PhD shall also be permitted to persons working in Institutions with which a Memorandum of Understanding has been signed for research purposes. Such a candidate must be in employment at the time of admission and be engaged in professional work in the area to which admission is sought.
- Thapar University Admission of a PhD candidate in a department / School other than his / her basic background : Suitability of a candidate is the purview of admission committee, if a candidate qualifies the test and interview then he / she should be allowed to pursue PhD Program. However, the Thapar University admission committee may recommend additional courses for the candidate to clear.
- Candidates shall be admitted on the basis of merit of Entrance Test and Interview to be conducted by the University. The candidates who secure minimum of 20% marks in the written exam shall only be called for Interview. During interview, a candidate is required to indicate area of research. Relaxation for appearing in the Entrance Test may be given by the University to those candidates who have qualified UGC / CSIR (JRF).
- Every admitted candidate shall have to do course work for a minimum of one semester. The course work shall include at least three courses, namely, a course on research methodology ( may include quantitative methods and computer Applications ) or a course proposed by the Admission Committee ( for those who have studied a similar course on Research Methodology at PG level ), a professional course ( if not offered by any Department / School, its syllabus to be proposed by the allocated supervisor and approved by DoAA ) and a seminar ( Relevant in the area of research ). Minimum credits for the course work shall be 11 including a seminar of 4 credits. The process of registration in the course work, examination, evaluation and grading shall be same as followed for UG / PG programmes.
- Only those candidates who successfully complete the course work within one year of admission and with a minimum CGPA of 6.00 on 10.00 point scale shall be registered in the PhD programme.
- Every candidate will be required to submit research proposal, duly recommended by the Supervisor(s), after successful completion of the course work ( December 31 shall be taken as date of completion of course work for odd semester and June 30 shall be taken as date of completion for even semester ). The minimum time period to submit the research proposal shall be one semester from the date of admission and maximum time allowed to submit the research proposal shall be one year from the date of admission.
- Research proposal will be submitted to the concerned Head of the Department / School. In case of non-submission of proposal within one year, DoRSP on the recommendations of the Supervisor and Head of the Department / School may grant an extension for a maximum period of six months. If the candidate fails to submit the proposal even during the extended period, her / his admission will be cancelled. In case the proposal is rejected by the URB, she may resubmit it within next six months starting the date of meeting of URB failing which her / his admission will be cancelled.
Thapar University PhD Entrance Exam Scheme 2016
- The duration of TU PhD test shall be 1½ hours.
- Thapar University PhD Entrance Exam will be offline mode.
- Thapar University PhD Entrance exam will contain 75 questions.
- The questions will be of MCQ type.
- The total marks of the Thapar University PhD entrance exam will be 75.
- There will be a negative marking for every wrong answer and ¼ marks will be deducted for every wrong answer.
- The test will be taken in the concerned subject area.
- Cut off marks in the entrance test will be 20% ( 15% for SC / ST ) of the total marks.
Thapar University PhD Application Form 2016
- TU Patiala PhD Online admission application form can be available from Thapar University website : www.thapar.edu.
- For all PhD programs offered by a particular department / school, single application form is required to be filled. However, if candidate want to apply for PhD program of other department / school also, then he / she is required to select an additional department / school along with requisite application fee.
Important Dates for Thapar University PhD Admission 2016
|1||Last date for receipt of completed application forms ( for Odd Semesters )||30th June, 2016|
|2||Last date for receipt of completed application forms ( for Even Semesters )||1st December, 2016|
|3||Date of Qualifying Test ( for Odd Semesters )||11th July, 2016 & 12th July, 2016|
|4||Date of Qualifying Test ( for Even Semesters )||19th December, 2016 & 20th December, 2016|
|5||Display of Entrance Test Results ( for Odd Semesters )||13th July, 2016|
|6||Display of Entrance Test Results ( for Even Semesters )||2nd January, 2017|
P.O Box 32, Patiala – 147 004,
Telephone No : + 91 – 175 – 2393021,
Fax No : + 91 – 175 – 2364498, 2393020,
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org,
Website : www.thapar.edu.
Thapar University PhD Admission 2016 Thapar University invites application from eligible candidates for admission to Doctor of Philosophy ( PhD ) Program in the following departments / schools for the academic year 2016 – 2017. Thapar University PhD Departments / … Continue reading
Admission Notification Related : Thapar University PhD 2016 Entrance Test, Thapar University PhD Admission 2016, Thapar University PhD 2016 Eligibility Details, Thapar University PhD Admission 2016, Thapar University PhD Application Form 2016, Thapar University PhD Application Last Date 2016, Thapar University PhD Entrance 2016, Thapar University PhD Exam Scheme 2016, TU Patiala PhD Admission 2016, Thapar University PhD Application Form, Thapar University PhD 2016 Admission Forms, Thapar University PhD 2016 Online Admission Form, Submission of Thapar University PhD Form 2016, Thapar University PhD 2016 Admission Last Date, Thapar University PhD 2016 Notifications, Thapar University PhD 2016 Course Duration, Thapar University 2016 PhD Important Dates, Thapar University PhD 2016 Admission Details, Thapar University PhD Admission 2016 Datesheet, Thapar University PhD Admission Schedule 2016, Thapar University PhD Admission Brochure 2016, Latest PhD Admission News, Current Admission Notification, Thapar University Contact Details,
Posted In admission notification : Leave a response for thapar university phd admission 2016 by shanmugapriya