Thapar University PhD Admission 2014
Thapar University PhD Admission 2014
P.O Box 32, Patiala – 147 004,
Telephone No. : + 91 – 175 – 2393021,
Fax No. : + 91 – 175 – 2364498, 2393020,
Email : email@example.com,
Website : www.thapar.edu.
Thapar University invites application from eligible candidates for admission to 2nd Semester Session Doctor of Philosophy ( PhD ) Program for December 2014.
Thapar University PhD Admission Course Specializations 2014
- Biotechnology Department
- Chemical Engineering Department
- Civil Engineering Department
- Computer Science & Engineering Department
- Electrical & Instrumentation Engineering Department
- Electronics & Communication Engineering Department
- Mechanical Engineering Department
Thapar University PhD 2014 Admission Eligibility
- A candidate seeking Thapar University admission to the degree of Doctor of Philosophy must have obtained ME / MTech / MPhil / MCA / MSc / MA / MBA / CA or equivalent with minimum CGPA of 6.00 on a 10 point scale or 55% marks in aggregate where marks are awarded or NET ( UGC / CSIR ) qualified.
- Candidates with BE / BTech degree or equivalent with excellent academic record ( Minimum CGPA of 9.00 on 10 point scale or 80% marks in aggregate ) may be considered for Thapar University PhD admission.
- Part time studies leading to PhD degree are permitted for professionally employed personnel. Part-time studies leading to PhD shall also be permitted to persons working in Institutions with which a Memorandum of Understanding has been signed for research purposes. Such a candidate must be in employment at the time of admission and be engaged in professional work in the area to which Thapar University PhD admission is sought.
- Thapar University Admission of a PhD candidate in a department / School other than his / her basic background : Suitability of a candidate is the purview of admission committee, if a candidate qualifies the test and interview then he / she should be allowed to pursue PhD Program. However, the Thapar University admission committee may recommend additional courses for the candidate to clear.
- Candidates shall be admitted on the basis of merit of Entrance Test and Interview to be conducted by the University. The candidates who secure minimum of 20% marks in the written exam shall only be called for Interview. During interview, a candidate is required to indicate area of research.
- Every admitted candidate shall have to do course work for a minimum of one semester. The course work shall include at least three courses, namely, a course on research methodology ( may include quantitative methods and computer Applications ) or a course proposed by the Admission Committee ( for those who have studied a similar course on Research Methodology at PG level ), a professional course ( if not offered by any Department / School, its syllabus to be proposed by the allocated supervisor and approved by DoAA ) and a seminar ( Relevant in the area of research ). Minimum credits for the course work shall be 11 including a seminar of 4 credits. The process of registration in the course work, examination, evaluation and grading shall be same as followed for UG / PG programmes.
- Only those candidates who successfully complete the course work within one year of admission and with a minimum CGPA of 6.00 on 10.00 point scale shall be registered in the PhD programme.
Thapar University PhD 2014 Admission Application Form
- Online Thapar University Admission Application available from Thapar University Website : www.thapar.edu.
- Send completed Thapar University Admission Application along with a DD in favour of “Thapar University”, payable at Patiala.
- Filled Thapar University admission application post by sent to the following address :
Incharge Admission Cell,
Academic Section, Thapar University,
Patiala – 147 004, Punjab ( India ).
Important Dates for Thapar University PhD Admission 2014
- Last date for receipt of completed Thapar University PhD Admission Application Forms :
For odd semester : 4th June, 2014
For even semester : 1st December, 2014
- Date of Entrance test to be conducted by TU :
For odd semester online test : 24th to 29th June, 2014
For even semester – online test : 19th to 21st December, 2014
- Display of result of Entrance Test :
For odd Semester : 7th July, 2014
For Even Semester : 1st January, 2015
- Date of Interview for PhD :
For odd Semester : 11th July, 2014
For even semester : 5th to 9th January, 2015
Thapar University PhD Dec Admission Notification 2014 – Thapar University PhD Online Application Form 2014 – Thapar University Admission Eligibility 2014 – Thapar University Admission Procedure 2014 – Thapar University PhD Specialization 2014.
Admission Notification Related : Thapar University Patiala 2013 PhD Admission, Thapar University PhD December Admission 2013, Thapar University PhD 2013 Admission Notification, Thapar University PhD Admission 2014, Thapar University 2013 PhD Eligibility Criteria, Thapar University PhD 2013 Admission Eligibility, Thapar University PhD 2013 Even Semester Admission, Thapar University PhD 2013 Admission Procedure, Eligibility for TU Patiala 2013, Thapar University PhD 2013 Admission Dates, Thapar University PhD 2013 Admission Forms, Thapar University 2013 Online Admission Form, Submission of Thapar University Form 2013, Thapar University PhD 2013 Admission Last Date, Thapar University PhD 2013 Fee Structure, Thapar University PhD 2013 Course Duration, Thapar University 2013 PhD Important Dates, Thapar University PhD 2013 Admission Notice, Thapar University 2013 Admission Details, Thapar University 2013 PhD Program Admission, Thapar University 2013 PhD Admission Schedule, Thapar University 2013 Admission Brochure, Latest PhD Admission News, Current Admission Notification,
Posted In admission notification : Leave a response for thapar university phd admission 2014 by vennila