Tata Institute of Social Sciences – TISS Admission 2016
Mumbai | Tuljapur | Hyderabad | Guwahati
Mumbai Campus :
Tata Institute of Social Sciences,
V.N. Purav Marg, Deonar,
Mumbai – 400 088,
Admissions Helpline : 022 – 2552 5252,
Website : www.tiss.edu
TISS ANNOUNCES Admission to the 2016 – 2017 batch for it’s Full – Time ( Regular ) Post – Graduate Degree Programs ( MA, MSc, MHA, MPH ) offered from Mumbai, Tuljapur, Guwahati and Hyderabad campuses.
Programs Offered At TISS Campuses :
TISS Mumbai Campus :
- School of Social Work ( MA Social Work in ) : Children & Families / Criminology & Justice / Community Organisation & Development Practice / Disability Studies & Action / Dalit & Tribal Studies & Action / Mental Health / Public Health / Livelihoods Social & Entrepreneurship / Women – Centred Practice
- M.A. Online Programmes : Online M.A. Social Work in Child Rights / Online M.A. International Family Studies
- School of Management and Labour Studies ( MA in ) : Human Resource Management & Labour Relations / Social Entrepreneurship / Globalisation and Labour
- School of Health Systems Studies ( Master of ) : Health Administration ( MHA ) / Hospital Administration ( MHA ) / Public Health ( MPH ) in Social Epidemiology / Public Health ( MPH ) in Health Policy, Economics and Finance
- School of Development Studies ( MA in ) : Development Studies / Women’s Studies
- School of Education ( MA in ) : Education ( Elementary )
- School of Habitat Studies ( MA / MSc in ) : Climate Change and Sustainability Studies / Urban Policy and Governance / Regulatory Governance / Water Policy and Governance
- Jamsetji Tata Centre for Disaster Managemnet (M.A. / M.Sc. in) : Disaster Management
- Centre for Human Ecology ( MA in ) : Applied Psychology – Specialization in Counseling Psychology / Applied Psychology – Specialization in Clinical Psychology
- School for Media and Cultural Studies ( MA in ) : Media and Cultural Studies
- Centre for Digital Library and Information Sciences, Sir Dorabji Tata Memorial Library ( Master of ) : Library and Information Science ( MLISc )
- School of Law, Rights and Constitutional Governance : LLM in Access to Justice
TISS Tuljapur Campus :
- MA in Social Work in Rural Development
- MA in Development Policy, Planning and Practice
- MA in Social Entrepreneurship
- MA / MSc in Sustainable Livelihood, Natural Resources Management and Governance
- MA in Rural Management
TISS Hyderabad Campus :
- MA in Rural Development and Governance
- MA in Education
- MA in Public Policy and Governance
- MA in Women’s Studies
- MA in Development Studies
- M.A. in Natural Resource & Governance
- MA in Human Resources Management
TISS Guwahati Campus :
- MA in Environment, Ecology, and Sustainable Development
- MA in Labour Studies and Social Security
- MA in Peace and Conflict Studies
- M.A. in Sociology and Social Anthropology
MA Social Work in :
- Community Organisation & Development Practices
- Livelihoods and Entrepreneurship
- Public Health
TISS PG Admission Selection Procedure 2016 :
TISS National Entrance Test ( TISS – NET ) :
- National Entrance Test will take place at 39 centres in different cities/towns across the country.
- Pre Interview Test (PIT) and Personal Interview (PI) for programmes offered at
- For programs offered at Hyderabad and Guwahati, the PIT / PI will be conducted at the respective campuses. Candidates applying for programs at more than one campus, will have to travel to these places for PIT / PI.
- Except for the eligible candidates from the SC / ST / OBC ( NC ) categories all others will bear the cost of travel, lodging and boarding for attending the NET, as well as PIT / PI.
- In case the candidate is selected for more than one program after National Entrance Test, Pre-Interview Test and Personal Interview, admission will be offered to the program higher in the order of preference.
TISS PG Admission Application Form 2016 :
- Candidates are required to apply online through the E-application process only.
- The application fees is 1030 (if being payed by Credit card/ Debit card/ Net Banking) or 1000 + bank charges (if being payed through bank by cash). Candidate has to pay this amount for every programme he applies for. For more details refer to the section ‘Application fee payment.
- Those who are submitting a hard copy of the application form should post along with the application form the mentioned documents attested by any School Headmaster or a Principal of College or a Gazetted Officer.
- In case of payment by cash deposit in an SBI branch, please note that the SBI will charge 50/- as their processing fee for each deposit, which cannot be adjusted against the application fee.
- Note : A candidate can apply for multiple programs and pay for those programs in one online form and should not fill more than one form. If a candidate is found to have filled more than one online form, all his applications will be cancelled.
Important Dates for TISS PG Admission 2016 :
- Last Date for Online form APPLICATION / REGISTRATION for All Master’s programmes : 30th November, 2015.
- Last Date for receipt of application form by post : 1st December, 2015.
- National Entrance Test – (Computer Based) at Different Centres : 9th January, 2016
- Candidates who appeared for the national entrance test will be sent their score cards on email : 2nd February, 2016
- Pre-Interview Test and Personal Interview at TISS Mumbai for programmes offered at Mumbai, Tuljapur Campuses, MHAT, BANYAN and G-SET Ranchi : 10th – 19th March, 2016
- Pre-Interview Test and Personal Interview at Hyderabad for all Hyderabad Campus Programmes : 30th March, 2016 – 02nd April, 2016.
- Pre-Interview Test and Personal Interview at Guwahati for all Guwahati Campus Programmes : Will update soon.
- Announcement of Selection on TISS website for all the Programmes : 15th April, 2016
- Verification of Documents and Payments of fees have be done at the Campus where candidates are selected except eligible SC/ST candidates 18th – 28th April, 2016
- Announcement of First Wait List on TISS website for all Programmes : 03rd May, 2016
- Verification of Documents and Payments of fees have be done at the Campus where candidates are selected except eligible SC/ST candidates : 04th – 14th May, 2016.
- Announcement of Second Wait List on TISS website for all Programmes : 19th May, 2016.
- Verification of Documents and Payments of fees have be done at the Campus where candidates are selected except eligible SC/ST candidates : 20th – 31st May, 2016.
- Commencement of the Academic Session, 2016-2018 :
- M.A. Education (Elementary) : will be updated soon
- All Other Programmes : 13th June, 2016
TISS Campus Addresses :
|Paper - I||Mathematics||200 Marks|
|Paper - II||English||100 Marks|
|Social Studies||75 Marks|