Tumkur University AdmissionAdmission Notification »
Tumkur University Admission 2019
Tumkur University invites admission application for UG and PG and PhD programs for the academic year 2019.
- B.Sc. – Bachelor of Science
- B.A. – Bachelor of Arts
- B.Sc. : Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Botany, Chemistry, Computer Science, Electronics, Mathematics, Microbiology, Zoology
- B.A. : Kannada, English, Economics, Fine Arts, History, Journalism, Politics Science, Sociology, Commerce and Management
- MBA – Master of Business Administration
- PG Diploma in Disaster Management
- M.A. – Master of Arts
- MSW – Master of Social Work
- MSc – Master of Science
- M.Com. – Master of Commerce
- MA : Mass Communication and Journalism, English, History and Archaeology, Economics, Political Science, Public Administration, Sociology, Kannada
- MSc : Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Library and Information Science, Environmental Science, Botany, Zoology, Electronic Media, Psychology and Communication
Tumkur University Admission Eligibility 2019
- Candidate must have completed his 10, +2 in Science stream.
BFA , B.Com & BBA/BBM
- Candidate must have a Bachelor’s Degree from any recognized University with 50% ( 45% for SC / ST / physically challenged ) marks.
- Candidate must have Mathematics as a subject in his / her 10, +2 level.
- Candidate must have completed his / her 10, +2 with the subjects relevant to the course.
- Masters of commerce is a 3 year programme provided by the department of commerce, Tumkur University.
- Candidate having B.Com / B.B.M. or equivalent degree with at least 50% can apply for the course. SC / ST candidates require 45% marks to apply for the course.
- Bachelor degree in any specialisation with a minimum of 50% can apply for an MBA. SC/ST candidates require 45% for this course.
- A candidate who has done B.A. with minimum 50% marks in each year is eligible for the course. SC/ST candidates require 45% marks in graduation.
MSW ( Master of Social Work )
- Those candidates who have done B.S.W. or any other bachelors programme in relevant field with a minimum of 55% marks are eligible to go for M.S.W. SC / ST candidates require 45% marks in graduation.
- A candidate is required to have Bachelor of Science with 55% marks to do M.Sc. SC/ST candidates require 45% marks to qualify for the course.
PG Diploma in Disaster Management
- Graduation in any field with minimum 50% marks, SC/ST candidates need to score 45% in graduation.
- Candidate must have completed a post-graduate degree with a minimum of 55% marks from any recognized University. For SC/ST/cat-1/Physically challenged students, and teachers, librarians, and physical education personnel, the minimum marks are 50%
- If the candidate recieved his/her post graduate result in grade format, the grades will be converted to percentage to fulfill the minimum marks requirement.
- A candidate with M.Phil. degree from Tumkur University is also eligible for the Ph.D. program.
Tumkur University Admission Application Form 2019
- Tumkur University admission application form is available in the official website www.tumkuruniversity.ac.in
- Candidates can obtain the application form from the banks mentioned below by paying ₹ 250/- ( ₹ 125/- for SC / ST ).
- Application form can also be obtained via post by sending a self-addressed envelope to “Registrar, Tumkur University, Tumkur” along with a demand draft in favor of “Finance Officer, Tumkur University, Tumkur”.
- The filled in application form, along with the necessary documents, is to be sent to the following address.
UG Departments of Studies & Research,
B.H.Road, Tumkur-572 101.
The following documents are needed along with the form:
- Attested Mark list of SSLC or equivalent.
- Attested mark list of PUC or equivalent.
- Student Visa (for foreign nationals).
- Passport (for foreign nationals).
- After filling the details in the application form, candidate can download the bank challan for the payment of ₹ 800.
Note: SC/ST candidates need to pay ₹ 400 as application fee.
- Payment is required to be made to
Account Number: 05522200027445
IFSC Code of the Branch: SYNB0000552
Branch Code: 0552
MICR Code: 591025546
Account Type: Saving
- Name of the Bank and Branch: Syndicate Bank, Bhutaramanahatti, Belgaum
- Application Fee ₹ 350/-
- The filled application form along with the required documents is to be send to the following address.
Chairperson of concerned PG Department
B.H. Road Tumkur
NOTE: Application fee for SC/ST candidates is ₹ 175 only.
- The Candidate must submit the filled application form along with all the required documents, and a demand draft of ₹ 1500/- ( ₹ 750/- for SC / ST / physically challenged ) in favor of the following address
Tumkur University Selection Procedure 2019
- Candidates are selected on the basis of their marks in 10, +2 or equivalent exam. The selection will only be open till the allotted number of seats remains vacant for that specific course.
- Selection of candidates for different PG courses is done on the merit basis followed by counselling process. Merit and Counselling process will be conducted in the month of July.
- Candidate needs to appear in the PGCET-MBA test for getting admission to MBA programme. This test is conducted for both the Karnataka residents as well as for residents of other states too.
- The students who have not passed UGC/CSIR (JRF)/SLET/K-SET/GATE exams, or do not hold teacher fellowship have to give an Entrance Exam. The selection will be based on the marks scored by the candidate in the exam, interview, and the marks in their Master’s Degree.
- The students who have passed UGC/CSIR (JRF)/SLET/K-SET/GATE exams, or do hold teacher fellowship will be selected 50% on basis of their interview, and 50% on their marks in their Master’s Degree.
Tumkur University Admission Important Dates 2019
|1||Registration ( UG )||15th - 30th July, 2019|
|2||Date of Entrance Examination ( MA )||02nd July, 2019|
|3||Registration ( PG )||03rd - 16th July, 2019|
|4||Counselling for M.Sc||28th July, 2019|
|5||Counselling for MA||29th July, 2019|
|6||Counselling for M.Com||30th July, 2019|
|7||Registration ( PhD )||30th May, 2019|
|8||Date of Entrance Examination ( PhD )||07th June, 2019|
B.H Road, Tumkur – 572 103, India,
Phone No. : 0816 – 2254546,
Fax : 0816 – 2270719,
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org,
Website : www.tumkuruniversity.ac.in.
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.