University of Calcutta MPhil AdmissionAdmission Notification »
University of Calcutta MPhil Admission 2019
University of Calcutta MPhil Admission 2019
University of Calcutta invites application for admission to MPhil course for the academic year 2019
University of Calcutta MPhil Admission Courses Offered 2019
Two years MPhil Specialization
- Political Science
- Ancient Indian History & Culture
- Women Studies
- Library & Information Science ( Self – Financed )
University of Calcutta MPhil Admission Eligibility 2019
- Any candidate who has passed the M.A / M. Sc / M. Com / MLIS or equivalent examination of the university with 55% marks in aggregate [ SC / ST / PWD ( minimum 40% disability ) with 50% marks ] students in the respective subject / subjects. Students who are taking M.A / M. Sc / M. Com / MLIS or equivalent Part – II Examination and or Final Semester Examination in the above mentioned subjects may also apply provisionally and sit for the Admission Test but their final admission would depend on passing the examination obtained the required marks mentioned above. Candidates who have qualified NET and or SET or any equivalent National Level Examination are exempted from the written test, but not from the interview / viva – voce. Candidates of any stream of M.A / M. Sc / M. Com / MLIS and other PG degrees from recognized universities are eligible to apply for the subject “Women Studies”.
- Candidates holding the qualifying degree from universities / institutions of other States and or candidates holding the qualifying degree from “Distance course and or Open universities from any States” are required to submit the “Equivalence Certificate” from the University of Calcutta ( obtainable from the Office of the Registrar, CU ) at the time of submission of application form.
- Candidates of Reserved category of other states are required to submit the “Domicile Certificate” ( at least for the period of 10 years ) from the competent authority from Central Government or State Government having local jurisdiction over the place of permanent residence of the concerned candidate or his / her parents, as the case may be. Viz.
- District Magistrate,
- Additional District Magistrate,
- Deputy Magistrate,
- Deputy Collector,
- Sub – divisional Officer,
- Block Development Officer,
- Superintendent of Police,
- Additional Superintendent of Police,
- Sub – divisional Police Officer or Deputy Superintendent of Police,
- Commissioner, Additional Commissioner, Joint Commissioner, Assistant Commissioner of Police Commissionerate,
- Judicial Magistrate of any rank or position in the concerned District or Metropolitan locality or Hon’ble High Court at Calcutta or Hon’ble Supreme Court of India,
- Commissioner, Additional Commissioner, Joint Commissioner, Assistant Commissioner of Municipal Corporation,
- Executive Officer of Municipality,
- Assistant Secretary / Equivalent or above in the Secretariat to the Government of West Bengal ( including GTA ) or Central Government,
- Deputy Director of above in the Directorate to the Government of West Bengal or Central Government.
- Every Official certifying the domicile status of the candidate or his / her parents must provide one’s Full name, designation, place of posting with address, land line and mobile number along with employees identity card number. These details are mandatory certification from any authority other than what have been enumerated above will not be accepted.
University of Calcutta MPhil Seats 2019
- Bengali – 20 Seats
- Commerce – 19 Seats
- Education -12 Seats
- History – 09 Seats
- Hindi – 08 Seats
- Urdu – 04 Seats
- Sociology – 04 Seats
- English – 20 Seats
- Women Studies – 08 Seats
- Library & Information Science – 15 Seats
- Ancient Indian History & Culture – 09 Seats
- Sanskrit – 20 Seats
- Pali – 10 Seats
- Political Science – 06 Seats
- Arabic – 05 Seats
- Persian – 02 Seats
- Philosophy – 15 Seats
- Economics – 13 Seats
- For SC, ST, OBC – A, OBC – B and PWD candidate will be made as per University / Govt. rules.
- Reservation of 3% of seats for PWD within each respective category ( SC / ST, OBC – A, OBC – B / unreserved of the concerned subject )
University of Calcutta MPhil Admission Application Form 2019
- University of Calcutta MPhil Admission application form is available in the official website: www.caluniv.ac.in
- The prescribed Application Form for admission to M. Phil courses can be downloaded from the official website of University of Calcutta www.caluniv.ac.in. Downloaded application forms completed in all respect with the proof of payment of ₹ 500/- for General and ₹ 250/- for SC / ST / PWD category. Challans are to be procured from C.U. Cash Counter and endorsed by the concerned Office of the Secretary before depositing the application fees for offline payment. The fees can also be paid to the SBI online.
Submission of Forms
- Completed Application Forms except Education, Sociology, Library &Information science and Women Studies will be received by the Office of the Secretary, UCAC, ( College Street Campus, CU ), Room No. 3G, Asutosh Building ( Ground Floor ) between 11 am and 3 pm on all working days with all relevant documents – self Attested but original documents are to be shown at the time of submission of application form.
- Forms for Education, Sociology and Women Studies will be received by the concerned Department at the Alipur Campus, CU, 1 Reformatory Street, Kolkata – 700 027 within the date and time mentioned above .
- Forms for Library & Information Science will be received by the Office of the Department of Library & Information Science, Asutosh Building ( 3rd Floor ), College Street Campus, CU within the date and time mentioned above.
University of Calcutta MPhil Admission Important Dates 2019
|1||Last Date For Application Form||25th September, 2019|
|2||Date of Entrance Examination||31st October, 2019|
|3||Date of Interview||21st November, 2019|
University of Calcutta MPhil Admission
Institute of Foreign Policy Studies, University of Calcutta invites application for admission for 2 year M.Phil Course in Foreign Policy Studies
University of Calcutta MPhil Admission Eligibility
- Any candidate who has passed the M.A, / M.SC. / M.COM. or equivalent Examination of this University with 55% marks in aggregate ( SC / ST with 50% marks ) or with 60% marks in aggregate of any other recognized University. Students who have appeared for M.A. Part – II examination may also apply provisionally and sit for the admission test and viva voce but their final admission would depend on passing the post graduate examination obtaining the required marks mentioned above.
University of Calcutta MPhil Admission Reservation
- Reservation for SC, ST and Physically Handicapped will be made as per University / Government rules.
University of Calcutta MPhil Admission Application Form
- Interested candidates should apply on plain paper giving details regarding their age, educational qualification, address, and contact nos. and e – mail. Copies of age proof, postgraduate certificates / mark sheets, SC / ST certificate ( if applicable ) should be attached.
- Applications should be send to the following address :
Shantanu Chakrabarti, Convenor,
Institute of Foreign Policy Studies,
University of Calcutta ( Alipore Campus, 4th Floor),
1, Reformatory Street, Kolkata – 700027.
- Last date for submission of applications : January
University of Calcutta,
Senate House, 87 / 1 College Street,
Kolkata – 700 073,
Telephone No. : 033 2219 2286,
Email : email@example.com,
Website : www.caluniv.ac.in.
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.