University of Delhi BEd Admission 2019
University of Delhi BEd Admission 2019
University of Delhi, Faculty of Education invites applications from the eligible candidates for Bachelor of Education – BEd Program admission for the academic year 2019.
University of Delhi BEd Admission 2019 Eligibility
Minimum Qualifying Marks
- Category-I : Candidates with at least 50% marks in aggregate either in Bachelor’s Degree and / or in the Master’s Degree in Science / Social Science / Humanities / Commerce or any other qualification equivalent thereto are eligible for admission to the programme.
- Category-II : Candidates with at least 55% marks in aggregate in Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Technology and specialization in Science and Mathematics with 55% marks or any other qualification equivalent thereto are eligible for admission to the programme.
Eligibility for choosing Subject Category and Teaching Subject
- The candidate will have to choose one subject category and only one teaching subject ( within the subject category ) which she / he must have studied in the qualifying degree i.e. Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree for at least 200 marks and obtained at least 50% marks in this subject.
- This subject category chosen by the candidate will be considered final for preparing merit list and allocation of institutions.
- The subject chosen by the candidate from the subject category will be considered as the teaching subject and will remain to be the same throughout the B.Ed. programme.
- Request for change in subject category will not be entertained under any circumstances for allocation of institutions and seats.
University of Delhi BEd Admission 2019 Seats
Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribe / Other Backward Classes
Reservation of seats shall be in the following manner
- Scheduled Caste = 15% of total intake in the course
- Scheduled Tribe = 7.5% of total intake in the course
- Other Backward Classes = 27% of total intake in the course ( Remaining seats will be open for all candidates. )
The seats reserved for the SC / ST shall be filled by the SC / ST candidates only. However, in the case of non‐availability of the eligible candidates, the reserved seats may be interchanged between the SC & ST. If still any seat remains unfilled, the same shall be left vacant. The seats reserved for the OBCs shall be filled with the OBC candidates only. Only if OBC candidates possessing the minimum eligibility marks are not available in the OBC category then the vacant OBC seats shall be converted into unreserved category seats in accordance with the admission schedule notified by the University
University of Delhi BEd Admission 2019 Application Form
How to apply
- Visit the Delhi University website and go to Post graduate admission Portal www.du.ac.in and register first.
- last date for applying online is June, 2019.
- Check Candidate’s Eligibility according to the Eligibility criteria given in the prospectus.
- For online application, fill the B.Ed. Admission Form available on DU PG Admissions Portal link.
- Candidates are requested to follow the step by step instructions given on the PG Admissions portal carefully while filling the online form.
- Candidates are requested to select the Subject Category and one teaching subject very carefully.
- Candidates are requested to select the Centre of examination carefully.
- No Changes in the form are allowed once the online payment has been done.
- After the payment is made, take a print-out of the form and bring it at on the day of admission at the allocated institution.
- Registration fee for SC / ST / PwD candidates is [rupee]250/- for each course.
- Registration fee for all other Categories ( Unreserved, OBC etc. ) is [rupee] 500/- for each course.
- Registration Fee is Non-Refundable
University of Delhi BEd Admission 2019 Selection Process
- All admissions to the B.Ed. programme will be made through an Entrance Test of 400 marks.
- The merit will be prepared on the basis of scores obtained in the Entrance Test.
- The test will be of 2 hours duration. The question paper shall consist of 100 Multiple Choice Questions ( MCQ ) of 4 marks each.
- There is NEGATIVE MARKING. For each wrong answer ONE mark would be deducted.
- There will be one common entrance test for all the candidates.
- The test will include questions based on understanding and application of concepts in Science, Social Science and Mathematics at school level ( up to senior secondary / class 12 ), language comprehension in both English and Hindi, reasoning and general awareness on social, political and economic issues.
University of Delhi BEd Admission 2019 Important Dates
|1||Onlne Application starts from||May, 2019|
|2||Last date for applying online||June, 2019|
|3||Date of entrance test||June, 2019|
|4||Selected candidates Counselling merit list Display||June, 2019|
|5||First Round Counselling for PWD, WAP, CC & GEN Category||First Week of July, 2019|
|6||First Round Counselling for ST, SC & OBC category||July, 2019|
|7||Fees last day by candidates ( at selected colleges )||July, 2019|
|8||Second Counselling merit list Display||Middle of July, 2019|
|9||Counselling Second Round||Last Week of July, 2019|
|10||Final Counselling list Display||July, 2019|
University of Delhi
New Delhi, Delhi 110021
Telephone No : 011 2700 6900
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Website : www.du.ac.in.