University of Jammu B.Ed Admission 2016
University of Jammu invites application for admission to two year Bachelor of Education ( BEd ) Program for the academic session 2016 – 2017.
University of Jammu BEd Online Centralised Admission :
1. No Non – Government College of Education shall admit any candidate to the B.Ed. course on its own except M.C. Khalsa College of Education which can admit minority quota candidates against 50% of its sanctioned intake. The admission to the B.Ed. regular course shall be made Exclusively through on – line process.
University of Jammu BEd Admission Eligibility 2016
- Admission shall be open to those candidates who have passed their Bachelor’s Degree ( 10+2+3 pattern ) and /or Master’s Degree with 50% aggregate marks ( 45% for SC/ST candidates ) in the Faculties of Arts, Science, Social Sciences, Commerce or faculty of Music and Fine Arts from the University of Jammu or an examination of any other University recognized as equivalent thereto or Bachelor’s Degree examination of 4 year duration from a recognized University.
- A person, as long as he / she is on the rolls of B.Ed course, shall not be eligible to attend any other course of instruction or appear in any other examination of the University.
Provided that a candidate who has been placed under reappear category in one course / paper of an examination, other than the qualifying examination, or was scheduled to appear in the examination ( other than the qualifying examination ) either as a regular or private candidate before the commencement of class work of B.Ed. course but could not do so on account of delay in the conduct of said examination, for reasons beyond his/ her control, shall be eligible to appear in the examination, even though he / she has been duly admitted to the B.Ed. course.
- Any person in employment or self – employment or engaged in a business or profession is not eligible for admission to the B.Ed. course in the Non-Government colleges. Such a person may, however, be considered for admission, provided :
- He / she produces a certificate from his / her employer that the employer has no objection to his / her employee pursuing whole time B.Ed course and that the employee is on authorized leave for full duration of the course duly sanctioned by the competent authority for the purpose;
- In the case of self-employed person or a person engaged in business or a profession, the person concerned gives an undertaking on a stamped paper of proper value duly attested by the Notary that he/she will devote his / her whole time for studies as a student during the period he / she remains on roll of the College for the course and shall not engage in any business or profession or vocation during this period or engage in any other activity which is likely to interfere with his / her studies in the College.
University of Jammu BEd Admission 2016 Selection Procedure
1. Admission of all eligible candidates to the B.Ed. Course shall be made by the Admission Committees of the concerned College constituted after seeking approval of the Director College Development, University of Jammu, Jammu.
2. Merit lists of eligible candidates and those belonging to reserved categories shall be prepared separately on the basis of merit i.e. percentage of marks obtained in the qualifying examination. Admission of the candidates falling under clauses shall be made on the basis of comparative merit in the respective lists.
3. In case two or more candidates falling under open merit category or reserved category have equal merit, the inter – se order of priority for admission of such candidates shall be determined in the order formulated as under :
- Candidate obtaining higher percentage of marks in Higher Secondary Part – II or an examination recognized as equivalent thereto;
- Candidate obtaining higher percentage of marks in the Matriculation examination or any other examination recognized as equivalent thereto, if percentage of marks at serial ( i ) is equal.
- Candidate older in age, if the percentage of marks at serial ( ii ) is also equal.
University of Jammu BEd Admission 2016 Application Submission
1. Before submitting the On Line Application Form, the candidate shall read the norms carefully to ensure that he / she fulfils all the eligibility conditions laid down for admission to B.Ed. course. In case, it is detected at any subsequent stage that a candidate does not fulfill the eligibility criteria and / or has furnished incorrect information, concealed / suppressed material facts, his / her candidature will be cancelled, even if already admitted. The University will, in no way, be responsible for the consequences emanating there from.
2. A candidate if wrongly admitted by the admission committee / college, his / her admission shall be liable to be cancelled at any stage of his / her study or even if result has been declared or degree has been awarded and candidate will have no right to claim that his / her admission in the course be continued or degree awarded to him / her be not cancelled on any ground whatsoever.
3. All candidates ( both Local as well as Non-Local ) desirous of seeking admission to the B.Ed. course in the Non-Government Colleges of Education, shall submit on-line Application Forms complete in all respects on one of the following websites :
4. A candidate shall not be allowed to make any change in the On – line Application Form, by way of addition, deletion or alteration, once it has been finally submitted on the website.
5. Incomplete On – line application forms and those received after the notified date, shall not be entertained under any circumstances and the University shall not enter into any correspondence in this regard.
University of Jammu BEd Admission 2016 Important Dates
|1||Date of start of on – line application with application fee of 1815/-||4th July, 2016|
|2||Last date of filling on-line application with application fee of 1815/-||31st July, 2016|
|3||Last date of deposit of fee of 1815/- in the authorized banks||1st August, 2016|
|4||Date of filling of on line applications with fee of 2200/- ( i.e. normal fee + late fee 385 )||2nd August, 2016|
|5||Last date of filling on-line application with late fee||8th August, 2016|
|6||Last date of deposit of fee of 2200/- in the authorized banks||9th August, 2016
upto 4:00 PM
|7||Merit List ( Local and Non Local )||10th August, 2016 & 11th August, 2016|
|8||Local candidates will download the allotment letters along with challan of admission fee and report to the allotted colleges for admission along with all original documents and fee deposit challan.||12th August, 2016 to 22nd August, 2016 upto 4:00 PM|
|9||Non – Local / Local candidates will download the allotment letters along with challan of admission fee and report to the allotted colleges for admission along with all original documents and fee deposit challan.||23rd August, 2016 to
27th August, 2016 upto 4:00 PM
Telephone No. : 077 – 26068550,
Email : email@example.com,
Website : bedjammu.org