University of Kerala BEd Admission 2019
University of Kerala Admission 2019
University of Kerala invites application for admission to B Ed and MEd Program for the academic year of 2019
University of Kerala B Ed Admission Eligibility 2019
- Candidate should have passed the BA / B.Sc. Degree examination under the 10, +2, +3 pattern from the University of Kerala or any other University recognized as equivalent thereto. The candidate should submit Eligibility / Equivalency Certificate stating that their qualifying examination is recognized by the University of Kerala, along with your application.
- Candidate should have obtained minimum 50% marks for Part III / 50% marks in aggregate ( Part I, +II, +III together ) in Bachelors’ Degree ( Science / Arts subjects ) or 50% marks in Post-Graduation in your subject. The ranking will be on the basis of marks obtained in Part lll.
Relaxation in marks
- Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribe ( SC / ST ) candidates with pass in the respective optional subjects at Graduation and Post-Graduation level are eligible for admission.
- Socially and Educationally Backward Communities ( SEBC ) candidates and visually impaired candidates will get a relaxtion of 5% in the minimum required marks.
- Candidates must have a BA Degree with the respective Language and Literature with 50% marks in Part I + II + III together / 50% marks for Part III alone; or
- Candidates with B.A/ B.Sc. with 50% of marks for Part II of the Language and Master’s Degree in the same Language and Literature with not less than 50% marks are also eligible
- Candidate should be an Indian citizen or must hold a PIO ( Person of Indian Origin ) card / OCI ( Overseas Citizen of India ) card in order to be eligible for admission.
Note: Degree Examination in Vocational or Specialised Courses are also considered under eligibility criteria for admission
Special Eligibility Criteria for different programmes
- Candidate should have a B.Sc. Degree with Mathematics / Statistics /Applied Statistics as main, with 50% marks in Part I, +II, +III together / 50% marks for Part III alone or M.Sc. degree in Mathematics / Statistics / Applied Statistics with 50% marks.
- If you are a candidate with Statistics / Applied Statistics, you must have studied Mathematics as one of the subjects.
- You should have a B.Sc. Degree with Physics / Chemistry / Polymer Chemistry / B.Sc. Geology / B.Sc. Petrochemicals / B.Sc. Bio Chemistry / B.Sc. Industrial Chemistry main with 50% marks in Part I + II + III together / 50% marks for Part III alone or M.Sc. degree in Physics / Chemistry / Polymer Chemistry / B.Sc. Geology / B.Sc. Petrochemicals / B.Sc. Bio Chemistry / B.Sc. Industrial Chemistry with 50% marks or M.Sc. Photonics ( integrated ) from CUSAT with 50% marks.
- Candidate must have a B.Sc. Degree with Botany / Zoology / Biochemistry / B.Sc. Plant Science/ Home Science with Zoology or Botany as subsidiary / aquaculture ( with Bio – Chemistry and Zoology as Subsidiaries ) / Biotechnology / Microbiology with 50% marks Part I, +II, +III together / 50% marks for Part III alone or M.Sc. degree in Botany / Zoology / Biochemistry / B.Sc. Plant Science/Home Science with Zoology or Botany as subsidiary / Aquaculture ( with Biochemistry and Zoology as subsidiaries ) / Biotechnology / Microbiology with 50% marks.
- Candidate should have a BA Degree with History /Arabic and Islamic History / Islamic History main with 50% marks in Part I, +II, +III together / 50% marks for Part III alone or BA / B.Sc Degree with Geography / Political Science / Economics / Sociology / Psychology / Philosophy / West Asian Studies under Part III and with 50% marks Part I, +II, +III together / 50% marks for Part III alone or MA / M.Sc. Degree in History / Arabic and Islamic History / Islamic History / Geography / Political Science / Sociology / Psychology / Philosophy / West Asian Studies with 50% marks.
- Candidate should have a Bachelor’s degree with Geography as Main subject under Part III with 50% marks in Part I, +II, + III together / 50% marks for Part III alone or MA / MSc in Geography with 50% marks.
- Candidate should have secured an M.Com. degree with not less than 50% marks. You will not be eligible for any other B Ed Course.
- Candidate must possess B.Ed. Degree of the University of Kerala or any other B.Ed. Degree recognized as equivalent to that by the University of Kerala, with a minimum of 55% marks in aggregate.
- Relaxation of 5% marks for SC / ST candidates and 2% for SEBC candidates is allowed.
- Candidate should be an Indian citizen. If he / she holds a PIO ( Person of Indian Origin ) card / OCI ( Overseas Citizen of India ) card, then also they will be eligible for admission, but not for any kind of reservation.
- No age limit.
University of Kerala B Ed Admission Seats 2019
B.Ed. Degree Course
- Reservation for Nominees: 1 seat ( Geography ) shall be reserved in the Govt. College of Teacher Education, Thiruvananthapuram, for Lakshadweep candidates.
- Reservation for Persons with Disabilities (PWD): Three percent of the seats in Government /Aided colleges are reserved for candidates with disabilities. ( Deaf / Dumb candidates are not eligible for admission to B.Ed. courses ). Out of this, 50% of seats are reserved for Blind candidates ( except for science optional ).
- Defence Quota ( DQ ): 1 seat each in Government and Aided Colleges
- Teachers Quota ( TQ): 20 percent of total seats in Government College ( For teachers working in schools in the Government sector ).
- Sports Quota: 1 seat in each Government and Aided College
- Tamil Linguistic Minority Quota: 1 seat in Government College for Teacher Education, Thiruvananthapuram ( for candidates from Tamil linguistic minority ).
For M.Ed. Degree Course
- The reservation of seats for the M.Ed. Degree Programme shall be in accordance with stipulations of the University of Kerala / The Govt. of Kerala and NCTE from time to time.
- The number of seats reserved under open /community / management quota in various colleges shall be made on the basis of the criteria stipulated by the University.
- Reservation for Persons with Disabilities (PWD) : Three percent of the seats in Government / Aided colleges are reserved for candidates with disabilities. One seat in Govt. College of Teacher Education, Thycaud, Thiruvananthapuram shall be reserved for the teachers working in Govt. / Aided Institutions
- Private Self-financing Colleges and Aided Colleges where M.Ed. Programme is offered on Un-aided mode 50% of the seats shall be filled from the open merit following the mandatory reservation and the remaining 50% shall be filled by the managements concerned
University of Kerala Admission Application Form 2019
- University of Kerala Admission Application Form available at the official website www.keralauniversity.ac.in.
- For admission to B.Ed. and M.Ed. programme, candidates should obtain and submit the concerned application form in the college of their choice as per the schedule of admission published by the University.
- Candidates can purchase the application form available at the colleges where they would like to join the programme and submit the duly filled-in applications to the respective colleges itself.
- Candidate should fill-in and submit the applications aong with the following necessary documents before the last date of submission.
- Self-attested photocopy of the SSLC or any relevant school records to prove date of birth.
- Self-attested photocopies of the mark lists of all parts of the qualifying examination(s) and Degree / Provisional certificate.
- Certificate to prove nativity.
- Certificates in support of claim for Communal Reservation, if applicable.
- Self-attested photocopies of certificates in support of Special reservation, if applicable.
- Copy of the Equivalency Certificate and Eligibility Certificate from the University of Kerala, stating that, their Qualifying examination is recognized for seeking admission to B.Ed. Degree course in a particular optional subject / in a stream as applicable, in case of double or triple main candidates / or candidates who have passed the degree examination in Vocational or specialized courses.
- Self-attested photocopy of NSS / NCC certificate at degree level, if applicable.
University of Kerala Admission Selection Procedure 2019
- Candidates are admitted to the programme by the individual colleges on the basis of the Rank list published. The colleges upload the rank list on their website.
- Candidates are selected for M.Ed. programme on the basis of total marks obtained in the B.Ed. Degree Examination.
- An additional weightage shall be given to those who have a Post Graduate Degree ( M.A / M.Sc. / M.Com ) in the respective area of specialization at B.Ed. while preparing rank list.
- The weightage shall be of 15 marks for those having first class with distinction / 10 marks for those having first class / 5 marks for those having second class and 3 marks for those having a pass in the respective Post Graduate Examination.
- Weightage of 2 marks for each year of teaching experience in Govt. / aided / recognized institutions subject to a maximum of 10 marks. No weightage shall be given to teaching experience of duration less than 6 months.
- The weightage shall be given on the basis of an Experience Certificate produced which is countersigned by an authorized Official Signatory such as the AEO /DEO / DDCE / DHSE / DVHSE. Experience shall be counted in completed months
University of Kerala Admission Important Dates 2019
|1||Registration||20th May - 06th June, 2019|
|2||Date of publication of Rank list||15th June, 2019|
|3||Date of Interview / Admission||22nd June, 2019|
|4||Date of commencement of classes||01st July, 2019|
Telephone : +91 – 471 – 2305994, +91 – 471 – 2386228, +91 – 471 – 2305840,
Fax : +91 – 471 2307158,
E – mail : firstname.lastname@example.org,
Website : www.keralauniversity.ac.in.