Vector Control Research Centre – VCRC Puducherry MSc AdmissionAdmission Notification »
Vector Control Research Centre – VCRC Puducherry MSc Admission 2018
Vector Control Research Centre invites admission application to Two year Post – Graduate Degree Course in Public Health Entomology ( MSc, PHE ) for the academic year 2018 – 2020.
VCRC Puducherry Admission Eligibility 2018
Category I : Open Competition
Candidates seeking admission under this category should have passed any one of the following examinations of any University accepted by the Academic Council of Pondicherry University, Puducherry : B.Sc., in the discipline of Zoology / Botany / Life Sciences / Medical Laboratory Technology/ Microbiology / Ecology / Environmental Science / Biochemistry, or B.V.Sc., or M.B.B.S., or B.E., / B.Tech., degree with Biotechnology as one of the subjects. Those who are appearing for the Under Graduate final examinations / waiting for the results of the above courses can also apply. However, they need to produce evidence for the successful completion of the course fulfilling the eligibility criteria at the time of admission.
Category II : In – service ( Self supporting / Sponsored )
In – service candidates employed either in Government or Non – Government organizations and sponsored by the employer should have passed the Degree examination in any of the disciplines indicated under Category I from a recognized University accepted by the Academic Council of Pondicherry University, Puducherry. The in – service candidates should send their application with a “No Objection Certificate” from their employer.
The applicants under this category possessing qualification as mentioned under the Category I or the qualification for which Equivalent Certificate obtained from Association of Indian Universities, New Delhi are eligible to apply. They will be required to produce Eligibility Certificate from Pondicherry University, Puducherry, subsequently for recognition of their qualification. Applications should be routed through the employer or sponsoring / nominating authority / organization. Applicants with valid visa for the entire duration of the study, only, will be admitted.
VCRC Puducherry MSc Seats
Category I : 8 ( General 50.5%, OBC 27%; SC 15% & ST 7.5% ) ;
Category IIA : 2 ;
Category IIB : 2
VCRC Puducherry Admission Application Form 2018
- VCRC Puducherry admission application form is available in the official website www.vcrc.res.in.
- The envelope containing the application form should be superscribed as : “APPLICATION FOR ADMISSION TO M.Sc., PHE 2018” and sent by Registered / Speed Post to the following address
ICMR – Vector Control Research Centre,
Medical Complex, Indira Nagar,
Puducherry – 605 006.
- Applications from Indian Nationals should be accompanied by ( i ) a Demand Draft to the value of ₹ 100/- ( ₹ 50/- in the case of SC / ST candidates ) towards application fee, drawn in favour of “The Director, ICMR – Vector Control Research Centre”, payable at Puducherry, and ( ii ) a self addressed envelope stamped to the value of ₹ 50/-. Foreign nationals can pay the application fee at the time of their admission. For more details, including the fee structure, please see the prospectus. Incomplete application in any respect will be rejected and no communication in this regard will be entertained.
VCRC Puducherry Admission Selection Procedure 2018
- Selection of the candidates under Category I will be based on their performance in the common entrance test ( Objective type test of two hours duration ). The common entrance test will be held only at Puducherry.
- Category II A : Based on personal interview and
- Category II B : Based on a letter of recommendation / reference from the Employer, marks obtained in graduation and experience in the relevant fields.
- The list of candidates selected for admission will be published in the Institutes’ website ( http://www.vcrc.res.in ).
VCRC MSc Important Dates 2018
|1||Last date for the submission of filled - in application||Category I : 18th May, 2018, Category II : 28th May, 2018|
|2||Common Entrance Test ( Category I )||17th June, 2018|
|3||Date of Personal Interview ( Category IIA )||18th June, 2018|
|4||Declaration of Results||20th June, 2018|
|5||Admission||25th June, 2018 to 29th June, 2018|
|6||Commencement of Classes||2nd July, 2018|
Vector Control research Centre,
Puducherry – 605006.
Phone No : + 91 413 2272396 / 2272397,
Fax No : + 91 413 2272041,
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com,
Website : www.vcrc.res.in.
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.