Vellore Institute of Technology – VIT University Admission 2016
Admission in VIT University 2016
Vellore Campus :
Vellore – 632 014, Tamilnadu,
Telephone No. : 91 – 416 – 2243091,
Fax : 91 – 416 – 2243092,
Email : email@example.com,
Website : www.vit.ac.in.
Chennai Campus :
Vandalur – Kelambakkam Road,
Chennai – 600 048,
Phone No. : 044 3993 1555,
Fax : 044 3993 2555,
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org,
Website : www.vit.ac.in.
Vellore Institute of Technology invites admission application for Research Programs to the following courses B.Tech, M.Tech, B.Com., M.Sc., M.S. ( Software Engineering ), MCA, MBA, BA, LL.B. ( Hons ) and BBA, LL.B degrees and Research programs leading to M.Phil., Integrated Ph.D., M.Tech. ( by research ) and Ph.D. degrees in different disciplines for the academic year January, 2016.
VIT University Degrees Offered and Areas of Research :
Based on the degrees offered from each School as given in the Table below, the candidates are requested to proceed further for looking at the areas of research available under each of them.
|S.No. ||School / Centre||Degrees Offered in Chennai Campus|
|Ph.D.||Int. Ph.D.||M.Tech. by Research||M.Phil.|
|1 ||School of Advanced Sciences||√||*||*||√|
|2||School of Bio - Sciences and Technology||*||*||*||*|
|3||School of Computing Science & Engineering||√||*||√||*|
|4 ||School of Electrical Engineering||√||*||√||*|
|5||School of Electronics Engineering||√||*||√||*|
|6||School of Mechanical & Building Sciences||√||*||√||*|
|7||School of Social Sciences & Languages||√||*||*||*|
|8||VIT Business School||√||*||*||*|
|9||VIT Law School||√||*||*||*|
- √ – Degree Offered
- * – Degree Not Offered
- Int. Ph.D. – Integrated Ph.D.
Minimum Qualification for VIT University Admission
For Ph.D. in Engineering :
- Master’s degree in Engineering / Technology in the relevant discipline with a first class or a minimum of 60% marks / CGPA 6.5 on a 10 point scale in cases where the University / Institute does not award any class or
- Equivalent qualifications like M.Sc. ( Engineering ) / M.S. [ By Research. ]
For M.Tech. ( by Research ) degree :
1. A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering / Technology or Master’s degree in Science or Master’s degree in Computer Applications ( with Physics & Mathematics at Bachelor’s level ) with a first class or a minimum 60% marks/CGPA 6.5 on a 10 point scale in cases where the University / Institute does not award any class. Applicants with M.Sc Computer Science or MCA willing to do Ph.D can register for M.Tech. ( by Research ) and later have an option to upgrade to Ph.D. Please refer to the M.Tech ( by Research ) regulations in VIT website.
2. Associate membership of the following professional bodies with a pass in both Parts A & B with 60% marks. ( Such candidates are eligible for admission to M.Tech ( by Research ) Program in their parent discipline. Their eligibility for other disciplines will be decided on a case – to – case basis ).
- The Institution of Engineers ( India )
- The Aeronautical Society of India
- The Indian Institute of Metals
- The Indian Institute of Chemical Engineers
- The Institution of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering
For Ph.D. / M.Phil. in Sciences / Languages :
Master’s degree in the relevant discipline of Science with a first class or a minimum of 60% marks / CGPA 6.5 on a 10 point scale in cases where the University / Institute does not award any class. For Languages, Master’s degree with a minimum of 55% marks.
For Ph.D. in Management :
Master in Business Administration with a first class or a minimum of 60% marks / CGPA 6.5 on a 10 point scale in cases where the University / Institute does not award any class.
For M.Phil. in Management :
Master’s degree in the relevant discipline of Management with a first class or a minimum of 60% marks / CGPA 6.5 on a 10 point scale in cases where the University / Institute does not award any class.
For Ph.D. in Law :
Master’s Degree in law ( LLM / ML ) from any recognized University / Institute, in the relevant field with a minimum of 55% marks or 6.0 CGPA on a 10 point scale in cases where the University / Institute does not award any class.
VIT University Categories and Eligibility
Internal Full Time candidates :
A candidate who wishes to work for Ph.D. / M.Tech. ( By Research ) / Integrated Ph.D. / M.Phil. degree on full time basis ( including project staff working in sponsored projects being carried out at the Institute ) should apply in the prescribed form on or before the specified date.
Internal Part Time candidates :
All the staff members of the Institute having the requisite minimum qualifications can work on a part time basis for Ph.D. / M.Tech. ( by research ) / M.Phil. degree. They should also apply in the prescribed form on or before the specified date.
External Part Time candidates :
Teachers working in other colleges in a permanent position and candidates sponsored by R&D organizations of following categories are eligible to apply to work on a part time basis for Ph.D / M.Tech. ( By Research ) / M.Phil. degree :
- Laboratories run by the Council of Scientific and Industrial Research/ Department of Atomic Energy / Department of Space etc.
- Public Sector undertakings with R & D Units.
- Private Industries recognized by The Department of Scientific & Industrial Research, Government of India as engaged in R&D work or contributing to R&D efforts. A copy of the certificate issued by the Department of Scientific and Industrial Research ( DSIR ) in this regard will be required to be produced in such cases.
- Medical Industry, Institutions and Hospitals with approved R&D in the relevant area.( A copy of the certificate issued by the appropriate authority to be produced ).
For all the Research Programs, it is mandatory that the candidate should have studied in regular, full time and formal education in their previous degree programs ( UG and PG ).
International candidates :
Candidates of foreign nationality who hold Degrees from Indian Universities seeking admission to research programs with the necessary clearance from the Government of India ( The Ministry of Human Resource Development ) and possess valid Visa will be treated on par with Indian nationals for purposes of admission to the Institute.
Foreign nationals with foreign degrees must meet the minimum educational requirements. Their degrees must be equivalent to Indian degrees mentioned in Section 3 in Engineering / Technology / Science and they should have a good academic record. International Students are expected to have a good working knowledge of English. Candidates with valid GRE and TOEFL scores will be given preference. The case of each foreign applicant will be examined and admission will be offered purely on merit based on online interview.
VIT University Selection Procedure
The candidates, who satisfy the criteria prescribed, will be called for a written test and interview to be conducted at the University Campus ( Chennai ) in the respective School. Selection will be based on the previous academic performance and the performance in the test and interview. Question papers for written test will be in the mode of subjective type questions in the following subjects [ for syllabus, please refer the main menu ] :
|CVL||Civil Engineering ||MAT||Mathematics|
|CSE||Computing Science & Engineering||MGT||Management [ Marketing / Finance / HR / St rategy / System and Operations|
|GEO ||Geology and Geophysics||LAW||Law|
VIT University Important Dates 2016
- Last date for submitting online applications at VIT University : 04th December, 2015
- Date of written test and interview at VIT University ( Chennai Campus ) : 12th December, 2015
- Last date for payment of fees ( For Selected Candidates ) ( Chennai Campus ) : 08th January, 2016
VIT University Offers Research Programs 2016 – VIT University Admission Eligibility Criteria 2016 – VIT University Admission Selection Procedure 2016 – VIT University Admission Application Form 2016
Admission Notification Related : Vellore Institute of Technology 2016 Admission, VIT University PhD Admission 2016, Admission Notice for VIT 2016, Vellore Institute of Technology – VIT University Admission 2016, VIT 2016 MPhil Admission, VIT University 2016 Admission Notification, VIT University Admission Form 2016, VIT PhD Application Form Download, VIT Vellore Research Program Admission 2016, VIT University Admission Procedure, VIT University MPhil Admission 2016, VIT University 2016 Admission Requirements, VIT University Online Admission Form 2016, Admission Application for VIT University, Important Dates for VIT University Admission 2016, VIT University Admission 2016 Application Form, VIT University Admission Eligibility Criteria 2016, VIT University Admission Selection Procedure 2016, Vellore Institute of Technology Admission Process 2016, Qualification for VIT University MPhil Admission 2016,
Posted In admission notification : Leave a response for vellore institute of technology – vit university admission 2016 by amala