Vellore Institute of Technology – VIT University Admission 2016
VIT University Admission 2016
VIT University applications are invited from highly motivated students for admission to the Research programme for the academic year of December 2016.
VIT University Degrees Offered and Areas of Research :
|S.No||School||Degrees Offered (indicated by √)|
|Vellore Campus||Chennai Campus|
|1||School of Advanced Sciences||√||√4||√4|
|2||School of Bio Sciences and Technology||√||√||√|
|3||School of Civil and Chemical Engineering||√||√||√1||√1|
|4||School of Computing Science & Engineering||√||√||√||√|
|5||School of Electrical Engineering||√||√||√||√|
|6||School of Electronics Engineering||√||√||√||√|
|7||School of Information Technology & Engg.||√||√||√3|
|8||School of Mechanical Engineering||√||√||√1||√1|
|9||School of Social Sciences & Languages||√||√2|
|10||VIT Business School||√||√||√||√||√|
|11||VIT Law School||√|
- Both mechanical and Civil are under School of Mechanical and Building Sciences in Chennai campus,
- Only in English and Hindi
- Comes under School of Computing Science & Engineering
- Includes languages also
Minimum Qualification for VIT University Admission 2016
For Ph.D. in Engineering :
- Master’s degree in Engineering / Technology in the relevant discipline with a first class or a minimum of 60% marks / CGPA 6.5 on a 10 point scale in cases where the Universit / Institute does not award any class or
- Equivalent qualifications like M.Sc. ( Engineering ) / M.S. [ By Research. ] / M.Tech [ by Research ].
For Integrated Ph.D in Engineering / Technology :
- Bachelor’s Students with outstanding academic record in the Bachelor’s degree in engineering technology disciplines of Bio-Technology / Electronics, with an aptitude towards advanced scientific and technological research are eligible to apply.
- A minimum of 80% marks or a CGPA of 8.0 is the primary pre-requisite. Candidates who are appearing for the final examination can also apply provided they meet all the requirements before admission.
For M. Tech ( by Research ) degree :
- A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering / Technology or Master’s degree in Science or Master’s degree in Computer Applications ( with Physics & Mathematics at Bachelor’s level ) with a first class or a minimum 60% marks / CGPA 6.5 on a 10 point scale in cases where the University / Institute does not award any class. Applicants with M.Sc Computer Science or MCA willing to do Ph.D can register for M.Tech ( by Research ) and later have an option to upgrade to Ph.D. Please refer to the M.Tech (by Research ) regulations in VIT website.
- Associate membership of the following professional bodies with a pass in both Parts A & B with 60% marks. ( Such candidates are eligible for admission to M. Tech ( by Research ) Programme in their parent discipline. Their eligibility for other disciplines will be decided on a case – to – case basis ). The Institution of Engineers ( India ) The Aeronautical Society of India The Indian Institute of Metals The Indian Institute of Chemical Engineers The Institution of Electronics and Telecommunication.
Engineering For Ph. D / M.Phil. in Sciences :
- Master’s degree in the relevant discipline of Science with a first class ( or a minimum of 60% marks / CGPA 6.5 on a 10 point scale in cases where the Universit / Institute does not award any class ).
For Ph. D / M.Phil. in Languages :
- Master’s degree with a minimum of 55% marks or 6.0 CGPA
For Ph. D in Management :
- Master in Business Administration or M.E. / M.Tech. with a first class or a minimum of 60% marks / CGPA 6.5 on a 10 point scale in cases where the University / Institute does not award any class.
For M.Phil. in Management :
- Master’s degree in the relevant discipline of Management with a first class ( or a minimum of 60% marks / CGPA 6.5 on a 10 point scale in cases where the University / Institute does not award any class ).
For Ph.D. in Law Master’s Degree in law :
( LLM / ML ) from any recognized University/ Institute, in the relevant field with a minimum of 55% marks or 6.0 CGPA.
VIT University Admission 2016 Eligibility
Internal Full Time candidates :
- A candidate who wishes to work for Ph.D / M.Tech ( by Research ) / Integrated Ph.D / M.Phil. degree on full time basis ( including project staff working in sponsored projects being carried out at VIT ) should apply in the prescribed form on or before the specified date.
Internal Part Time candidates :
- All the staff members of the Institute having the requisite minimum qualifications can work on a part time basis for Ph.D. / M. Tech ( by research ) / M.Phil. degree. They should also apply in the prescribed form on or before the specified date.
External Part Time candidates :
Teachers working in other colleges in a permanent position and candidates sponsored by R&D organizations of following categories are eligible to apply to work on a part time basis for Ph.D / M. Tech ( By Research ) / M.Phil. degree :
- Laboratories run by the Council of Scientific and Industrial Research / Department of Atomic Energy / Department of Space etc. Public Sector undertakings with R & D Units.
- Private Industries recognized by The Department of Scientific & Industrial Research, Government of India as engaged in R&D work or contributing to R&D efforts. A copy of the certificate issued by the Department of Scientific and Industrial Research ( DSIR ) in this regard will be required to be produced in such cases.
- Medical Industry, Institutions and Hospitals with approved R & D in the relevant area. ( A copy of the certificate issued by the appropriate authority to be produced ). For all the Research Programmes, it is mandatory that the candidate should have studied in regular, full time and formal education in their previous degree programmes ( UG and PG ).
International candidates :
- Candidates of foreign nationality who hold Degrees from Indian Universities seeking admission to research programmes with the necessary clearance from the Government of India ( The Ministry of Human Resource Development ) and possess valid Visa will be treated on par with Indian nationals for purposes of admission to the Institute.
- Indian nationals having degrees from Indian Universities may apply as NRI candidate. After receiving their application and required documents, they will be interviewed by skype or other web technology. The fee is payable only as USD.
- Foreign nationals with foreign degrees must meet the minimum educational requirements as given in Section 3. Their degrees must be equivalent to Indian degrees mentioned in Section 3 in Engineering / Technology / Science and they should have a good academic record. International Students are expected to have a good working knowledge of English. Candidates with valid GRE and TOEFL scores will be given preference. The case of each foreign applicant will be examined and admission will be offered purely on merit.
- NRI and Foreign candidates may kindly refer to the link http://www.vit.ac.in/admissions/research for online application link
VIT University Admission 2016 Application Form
- VIT University will be available on the site as www.vit.ac.in.
- Send the hardcopy of the application form through Speed Post addressed to “The Director – PG Admissions, VIT University, Vellore - 632 014, Tamil Nadu, India” [ Format of address on envelope to be affixed on cover is available in the printout page ] so as to reach on or before 30th November, 2016.
VIT University Selection Procedure 2016
- The PhD and M.Phil. candidates, who satisfy the criteria prescribed, shall appear for a computer based test ( CBT ) for 2 hours on 10th December, 2016 at Chennai or Vellore depending on the selection of the campus by the student. Change of campus or programme will not be permitted. Applicants along with the printed copy of application and necessary enclosures, should also submit a proposal containing field of Research, Proposed Title of the work, Research Problem, Scientific Background, Research Gap, Novelty:, Objectives, Methodology, Research time Plan ( Chart ) : and Possible outcome. This will also be assessed for selection. The question paper will have 100 MCQs ( Technical – 70 questions; English communication skills – 15 questions; Statistics and probability – 15 questions ).
- The M.Tech. ( By Research ) and Integrated Ph.D. applicants who satisfy the criteria prescribed, shall appear for a computer based test ( CBT ) for 2 hours on 10th December, 2016 at Chennai or Vellore depending on the selection of the campus by the student. Applicants , along with the printed copy of application and necessary enclosures, should also submit a proposal containing their the candidate, Field of Research, Proposed Title of the work, Research Problem, Scientific Background, Research Gap, Novelty:, Objectives, Methodology, Research time Plan ( Chart ) : and Possible outcome. This will also be assessed for selection. Change of campus or programme will not be permitted. The objective type question paper will have 100 MCQs ( Technical – 80 questions; English communication skills – 20 questions; )
VIT University Important Dates 2016
|1||Last date for submitting online applications at VIT University||30th November, 2016|
|2||Date of Written Examination & Interview ( at Vellore or Chennai )||10th December, 2016|
|3||Results (Tentatively)||16th December , 2016|
|4||Reporting to the Dean / Director concerned school to select guide & payment fees ( Vellore and Chennai campus ) on or before||03rd January, 2017|
Tamil Nadu – 632014.
Telephone No : + ( 91 ) 416 220 2273,
Email : email@example.com,
Website : www.vit.ac.in.
|VIT Apply Online : http://vtop2.vit.ac.in:8080/VIT_RESEARCH/|
VIT University Admission 2016
Vellore Institute of Technology invites admission application for BSc Catering and Hotel Managment Program for the academic year 2016.
VIT University BSc Eligibility 2016 :
There is NO ENTRANCE EXAMINATION
Candidates who have studied in Regular, Full time and Formal Education are alone eligible to apply.
Candidates should have secured an aggregate of 60% and above in their +2 examination to be eligible to apply.
The aggregate marks obtained in the subjects in +2 ( or its equivalent ) put together should be 50% for the following categories:
- Candidates belonging to SC / ST
- Candidates hailing from Jammu & Kashmir and the North Eastern states of Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim and Tripura.
Age Limit : Candidates whose date of birth falls on or after 1st July 1996 are eligible to apply. The date of birth as recorded in the High School / SSC / X Certificate will be considered authentic.
Candidates should produce this certificate in original as a proof of their age at the time of counselling, failing for which they will be disqualified.
VIT University BSc Admission Procedure 2016 :
- APPLICATION COST : Rs.350/-
- Candidates will be called for the counselling in the order of merit based on the aggregate of total marks secured in the +2 / Higher Secondary Examination
- The result will be published on our website
- Application form will be available Offline / Online
- The candidates short-listed based on their merit will be called for the counseling
VIT University BSc Important Dates 2016 :
|1||Issue of Application form||01st June, 2016|
|2||Last date for issue of the application forms||19th June, 2016|
|3||Last date for submission of the application forms||20th June, 2016|
|4||Publication of short listed candidates in website ( Tentative )||—|
|5||Tentative date for Interview||—|
|6||Last Date for payment of fees||—|
|7||Commencement of classes for all Programmes.||—|
Useful Link :
|VIT University B.Sc. Catering And Hotel Management Application Form : https://academics.vit.ac.in/hotelmgmt/apply.asp|
Contact details :
Vellore – 632 014, Tamilnadu,
Telephone No. : 91 – 416 – 2243091,
Fax : 91 – 416 – 2243092,
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org,
Website : www.vit.ac.in.
Research Programme VIT University Admission 2016 VIT University applications are invited from highly motivated students for admission to the Research programme for the academic year of December 2016. VIT University Degrees Offered and Areas of Research : S.No School Degrees Offered (indicated by √) Vellore … Continue reading
Admission Notification Related : Vellore Institute of Technology 2016 Admission, VIT University PhD Admission 2016, Admission Notice for VIT 2016, Vellore Institute of Technology – VIT University Admission 2016, VIT 2016 MPhil Admission, VIT University 2016 Admission Notification, VIT University Admission Form 2016, VIT PhD Application Form Download, VIT Vellore Research Program Admission 2016, VIT University Admission Procedure, VIT University MPhil Admission 2016, VIT University 2016 Admission Requirements, VIT University Online Admission Form 2016, Admission Application for VIT University, Important Dates for VIT University Admission 2016, VIT University Admission 2016 Application Form, VIT University Admission Eligibility Criteria 2016, VIT University Admission Selection Procedure 2016, Vellore Institute of Technology Admission Process 2016, Qualification for VIT University MPhil Admission 2016, VIT University BSc Admission 2016, VIT University BSc Eligibility 2016, VIT University BSc Last Date of Application form 2016, VIT University BSc Important Dates 2016,
Posted In admission notification : Leave a response for vellore institute of technology – vit university admission 2016 by shanmugapriya