VIT University Admission 2018
VIT University applications are invited from highly motivated students for admission to the Research programme for the academic session of July, 2018.
VIT University Degrees Offered and Areas of Research
|S.No.||School / Centre||Degrees Offered|
|Vellore||Chennai||VIT - AP||VIT-Bhopal|
| || ||I||II||III||I||II||III||I||II||III||I||II||III|
|1||School of Advanced Sciences $||√||*||*||√||*||*||√||*||*||√||*||*|
|2||School of Bio Sciences and Technology||√||√||√||*||*||*||*||*||*||√||*||*|
|3||School of Computing Science & Engineering #||√||√||√||√||√||*||*||*||*||*||*||*|
|4||School of Electrical Engg.||√||√||*||√||√||*||*||*||*||√||*||*|
|5||School of Electronics Engg.||√||√||√||√||√||*||√||*||*||*||*||*|
|6||School of Information Technology & Engineering #||√||√||√||√||√||*||√||*||*||√||*||*|
|7||School of Mechanical Engineering@||√||√||*||√||√||*||√||*||*||*||*||*|
|8||School of Civil and Chemical Engineering@||√||√||√||√||√||*||√||*||*||√||*||*|
|9||School of Social Sciences & Languages||√||*||*||√||*||*||√||*||*||*||*||*|
|10||VIT Business School||√||*||*||√||*||*||√||*||*||√||*||*|
|11||VIT Law School||*||*||*||√||*||*||*||*||*||*||*||*|
I – Ph.D. II. M.Tech. by Research III. Integrated PhD. ( Engg. Discipline only )
√ – Degree Offered;
* – degree not offered
(@) – Both mechanical and civil are under School of Mechanical and Building Sciences in Chennai campus
($) Maths, Physics, Chemistry, English, Sociology and Psychology are under School of Advanced Sciences in Chennai Campus
(#) – Both computing science and engineering and Information technology & engg. are under school of computer science & engg. in Chennai Campus
(¶) Maths, Physics, Chemistry, English are under School of Advanced Sciences in VIT-Bhopal
VIT University Admission 2018 Eligibility
For PhD in Engineering
- Master’s degree in Engineering / Technology in the relevant discipline with a first class or a minimum of 60% marks / CGPA 6.5 on a 10 point scale in cases where the University / Institute does not award any class. ( Applicants with M.Sc Computer Science / M.S ( SE ) or MCA willing to do Ph.D. can register for M.Tech. ( by Research ) and later have an option to upgrade to Ph.D. Please refer to the M.Tech ( by Research ) regulations in VIT website ) or
- Equivalent qualifications like M.Sc. ( Engineering ) / M.S. [ By Research. ] / M.Tech [ by Research ].
For Integrated PhD in Engineering / Technology
- Bachelor’s Students with outstanding academic record in the Bachelor’s degree in engineering technology disciplines of Bio-Technology / Electronics, with an aptitude towards advanced scientific and technological research are eligible to apply. A minimum of 80% marks or a CGPA of 8.0 is mandatory. Candidates who are appearing for the final examination can also apply provided they meet all the requirements before admission.
For M. Tech ( by Research ) degree
A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering / Technology or Master’s degree in Science or Master’s degree in Computer Applications ( with Physics & Mathematics at Bachelor’s level) with a first class or a minimum 60% marks / CGPA 6.5 on a 10 point scale in cases where the University / Institute does not award any class
Associate membership of the following professional bodies with a pass in both Parts A & B with 60% marks. ( Such candidates are eligible for admission to M. Tech ( by Research ) Programme in their parent discipline. Their eligibility for other disciplines will be decided on a case-to-case basis ).
- The Institution of Engineers ( India )
- The Aeronautical Society of India
- The Indian Institute of Metals
- The Indian Institute of Chemical Engineers
- The Institution of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering
For PhD in Sciences
Master’s degree in the relevant discipline of Science with a first class ( or a minimum of 60% marks / CGPA 6.5 on a 10 point scale in cases where the University / Institute does not award any class ).
For Ph. D in Languages
Master’s degree with a minimum of 55% marks or 6.0 CGPA
For PhD in Management
Master in Business Administration or M.E. / M.Tech. with a first class or a minimum of 60% marks / CGPA 6.5 on a 10 point scale in cases where the University / Institute does not award any class.
For PhD in Law
Master’s Degree in law ( LLM / ML ) from any recognized University / Institute, in the relevant field with a minimum of 55% marks or 6.0 CGPA.”
Categories & Eligibility
Internal Full Time candidates
A candidate who wishes to work for Ph.D / M.Tech ( by Research ) / Integrated PhD on full time basis ( including project staff working in sponsored projects being carried out at the Institute) should apply in the prescribed form on or before the specified date.
Internal Part Time candidates
All the staff members of the Institute having the requisite minimum qualifications can work on a part time basis for Ph.D / M. Tech ( by research ). They should also apply in the prescribed form on or before the specified date.
External Part Time candidates
Teachers working in other colleges in a permanent position and candidates sponsored by R&D organizations of following categories are eligible to apply to work on a part time basis for Ph.D /M. Tech ( By Research ) :
- Laboratories run by the Council of Scientific and Industrial Research / Department of Atomic Energy / Department of Space etc.
- Public Sector undertakings with R & D Units.
- Private Industries recognized by The Department of Scientific & Industrial Research, Government of India as engaged in R&D work or contributing to R&D efforts. A copy of the certificate issued by the Department of Science.
- Medical Industry, Institutions and Hospitals with approved R&D in the relevant area. ( A copy of the certificate issued by the appropriate authority to be produced ).
For all the Research Programmes, it is mandatory that the candidate should have studied in regular, full time and formal education in their previous degree programmes ( UG and PG ).
VIT University Admission 2018 Application Form
The Application form will be available from the official website of www.vit.ac.in.
How to Apply
Stage 1 : New User Registration
- Enter all the relevant details carefully.
- A password will be sent from VIT to your registered mobile no. and email id.
- Login to registered user with the email address and password receive from VIT.
- Provide all relevant details carefully, before submission.
- An application number will be generated after submission.
- Application Cost 1121 ( inclusive of GST ) Only through Online mode ( Net banking / Debit card / Credit card ).
- Application Cost will not be refunded under any circumstance.
- Passport size colour photograph ( 3.5 cm X 4.5 cm ) in jpg / jpeg format with a maximum file size of 200 KB.
- Signature of the candidate ( Dimension: 6 cm ( width ) X 2 cm height ) in jpg / jpeg format with a maximum file size of 200 KB.
- Selfie photo is not allowed.
VIT University Selection Procedure 2018
The PhD applicants along with the printed copy of application and necessary enclosures, should also submit a proposal containing field of Research, Proposed Title of the work, Research Problem, Scientific Background, Research Gap, Novelty, Objectives, Methodology, Research time Plan ( Chart ) : and Possible outcome. This will also be assessed for selection.
Ph.D. candidates, who satisfy the criteria prescribed, shall appear for VITREE 2018, a computer based test ( CBT ) for 2 hours on June 2 & 3 , 2018 at their test city of choice. Change of test city or programme will not be permitted. The question paper will have 100 MCQs ( Technical – 70 questions; English communication skills – 15 questions; Statistics and probability – 15 questions ).
The candidates will be called for counseling at the campus of their choice on 30th June, 2018. The selected candidates will be intimated by July 6th and they should report in the appropriate campus to select a guide and to complete the admission process
M.Tech. ( By Research ) / Integrated Ph.D
Applicants for M.Tech. ( By Research ) / Integrated Ph.D. should send a copy of application along with necessary enclosures and a research proposal containing the name of the candidate, Field of Research, Proposed Title of the work, Research Problem, Scientific Background, Research Gap, Novel, Objectives, Methodology, Research time Plan ( Chart ) and Possible outcome. This will also be assessed for selection. The M.Tech. ( By Research ) and Integrated Ph.D. applicantswho satisfy the criteria prescribed, shall appear for VITMEE-2018 to be held in various cities on 2nd & 3rd June, 2018. The objective type question paper will have 100 MCQs ( Technical – 80 questions; English communication skills – 20 questions ).
The candidates will be called for counseling at the campus of their choice on 30th June, 2018. The selected candidates will be intimated by July 6th and they should report in the appropriate campus to select a guide and to complete the admission process.
VIT University Important Dates 2018
|1||Last date for submitting online applications & hard copy at VIT||21st May, 2018|
|2||Date of Written Examination||2nd June, 2018 & 3rd June, 2018 ( 10.00 AM – 12.00 Noon & 02.30 PM – 04.30 PM )|
|3||Date of Interview||30th June, 2018|
|4||Declaration of Results||6th July, 2018|
|5||Reporting to the Dean/Director concerned school to select guide & payment fees at their campus of choice||11th July, 2018|
|6||Semester commencement||18th July, 2018|
Tamil Nadu – 632014.
Telephone No : + ( 91 ) 416 220 2273,
Email : email@example.com,
Website : www.vit.ac.in.
VIT UG Programs
VIT University Admission 2018
Vellore Institute of Technology invites admission application for UG Programs for the academic Session 2018 – 2019.
VIT University Offered Courses 2018
- BCA ( Bachelor of Computer Applications )
- B.Com. ( Bachelor of Commerce )
- BBA ( Bachelor of Business Administration )
- B.Sc. Multimedia and Animation
- B.Sc. Computer Science
- B.Sc. Catering and Hotel Management
VIT University BSc Eligibility 2018
B.Sc. Computer Science / BCA
A pass in any stream with Mathematics as one of the subjets with minimum of 70% overall aggregate in Higher Secondary Examination conducted by the State / Central Board of Seondary Education ar its equivalent examination.
B.Sc. Multimedia and Animation
A pass in any stream in Higher Secondary Examination conducted by the State / Central Board of Seondary Education ar its equivalent examination or A pass in Diploma ( 10 + 3 ) in any stream with a minimum of 70% overall aggregate
B.Com. ( Bachelor of Commerce ) / BBA ( Bachelor of Business Administration )
A pass in any stream in Higher Secondary Examination conducted by the State / Central Board of Seondary Education ar its equivalent examination, with a minimum of 70% overall aggregate. Students must have studied Commerce / Accountancy / Mathematics as one of the subjects.
B.Sc. Catering and Hotel Management
A pass in any stream in Higher Secondary Examination conducted by the State / Central Board of Seondary Education ar its equivalent examination.
For B.Sc. Computer Science / BCA / B.Sc. Multimedia and Animation / B.Com / BBA
The aggregate marks obtained in the subjects in +2 ( or its equivalent ) put together should be 60% for the following categories:
- Candidates belonging to SC / ST
- Candidates hailing from Jammu & Kashmir and the North Eastern states of Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim and Tripura.
VIT University UG Admission Procedure 2018
- Candidates will be called for the counselling in the order of merit based on the aggregate of total marks secured in the +2 / Higher Secondary Examination
- The result will be published on our website
VIT University UG Admission Application Form 2018
VIT University UG Admission Application Form available on the official webiste http://www.vit.ac.in
- Candidates can apply online at www.vit.ac.in through the Net banking / Credit card / Debit card
- The cost of application is 400 /- ( inclusive of GST )
- The application cost is non-refundable.
- Cost of the application form 400/- ( inclusive of GST ) ( B.Sc. Computer Science / B.Com / BCA / BBA / B.Sc Multimedia and Animation / B.Sc. Catering & Hotel Management )
- The Prospectus and the information brochure for the UG programmes 2018, along with the necessary enclosures which include the Application Form and a printed self-addressed envelope, can be obtained against cash payment of 400/- in person from the following address
By sending a Demand Draft for 400/- [ Computerised DD ] drawn in favour of ‘Vellore Institute of Technology’ payable at Vellore to the address of Director – UG Admissions, VIT, Vellore with a request letter containing the complete address with Mobile number.
Director, UG Admissions
VIT – Vellore Campus
Vellore – 632 014
Ph : +91-416-220 2157/2168
Fax : +91 416-224 5544/ 0411
Mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
VIT – Chennai Campus
Vandalur Kelambakkam Road,
Chennai – 600 127
Ph : +91 44-3993 1555 / 3993 1008
Fax : +91 44-3993 2555
Mail : email@example.com
VIT University UG Important Dates 2018
|1||Issue of Application form ( Online )||4th April, 2018|
|2||Last date for issue of the application forms||5th June, 2018|
|3||Last date for submission of the application forms||7th June, 2018|
Vellore – 632 014, Tamilnadu,
Telephone No. : 91 – 416 – 2243091,
Fax : 91 – 416 – 2243092,
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org,
Website : www.vit.ac.in.