Vels University PhD Admission 2016
University Campus, Velan Nagar,
PV Vaithiyalingam Road, Pallavaram,
Chennai – 600117, Tamil Nadu, India,
Phone No. : 044 – 22662500,
Fax : 044 – 22662513,
Website : www.velsuniv.ac.in.
Vels University invites application from eligible candidates for admission to PhD Programs for the academic year 2016 – 2017 :
Vels University PhD Admission Eligibility Criteria 2016 :
- Candidates who have qualified for Masters Degree with not less than a second class or as equivalent grade and in the case of examination where classification does not exist, a minimum of 50% of marks in the qualifying examination in the subjects in the faculties of Arts, Science, Fine Arts, Indian and other languages, Management, Commerce, Engineering, Para Medical Sciences etc., and CA, CFA, ACS or ICWA degree are eligible to register for Ph.D. in VELS UNIVERSITY under this category. However, a minimum of 55% marks ( 60% marks for professional degrees ) in the qualifying examination is a must to become an Assistant Professor at the University / College level. Their degrees must have been awarded by VELS UNIVERSITY or any other University approved by UGC for the award of degree in the discipline concerned.
- Research fellows of Council of Scientific & Industrial Research (CSIR) /Indian Council for Agricultural Research (ICAR) / Babha Atomic Research Centre (BARC)/ Researchers / Scientists / Junior Research Fellows, Senior Research Fellows/ Research Assistants/Technical Assistants working in research projects funded by external agencies such as Department of Science & Technology (DST) / University Grants Commission (UGC) /Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR)/ Department of Biotechnology (DBT) / Department of Environment (DOE)/ BRNS/AICTE and similar national and state level organizations are also eligible to register for Ph.D. under full-time Research provided they fulfill the eligible educational qualification norms prescribed by the University. Research scholars within the definition of this category are those, who pursue their full-time doctoral research under the guidance of a Research Supervisor in the departments of VELS UNIVERSITY.
- Candidates with Marine and Marine – related Post-graduate degrees from recognized Universities / PG Diploma holders in related fields from IITs, NITs and IIMs.
- Those who hold undergraduate degree in the fields such as Nautical Science, BE/ B.Tech., and holding a minimum certificate of competency as Chief Officer MOT Class 2 Engineer or equivalent should also possess a post graduate degree from any recognized university are also eligible to do research in Marine related subjects.
Vels University PhD Admission Seats 2016 :
|Home Page||Entrance Exam||Seats||Application Form|
Vels University PhD Admission Selection Procedure 2016 :
- The eligible candidates will be informed to appear for a common entrance examination in the respective disciplines followed by an oral test.
Vels University PhD Admission Application Form 2016 :
- Vels University admission application form can be Downloaded from Vels University Website : www.velsuniv.ac.in.
- Application form for Ph. D will be issued by the University office on payment of 1100/- or through post by paying an additional amount of 100/- ie., a total of 1200/- in the form of DD drawn in favour of ” The Registrar, Vels University” payable at Chennai.
- The duly filled in application along with all enclosures should be submitted to the university office either in person or through post.
Velan Nagar, P.V. Vaithiyalingam Road,
Pallavaram, Chennai – 600 117,
Tamil Nadu, India.
- The last date for receipt of filled in application seeking admission to Ph.D program in January 2016 session is extended to 15th January, 2016.