Vels University PhD Admission 2019
Vels University PhD Admission 2019
Vels University invites application from eligible candidates for admission to PhD Programs for the academic year 2019.
Vels University PhD Admission Eligibility 2019
- Candidates should possess Master’s Degree with at least 50% of marks in the concerned subjects of different faculties. Candidates with CA, CFA, ACS or ICWA degree are also eligible to register for Ph.D. programme
- Research fellows of CSIR, ICAR, BARC and candidates working in research projects funded University Grants Commission (UGC) /Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) and similar national / state level organizations are also eligible to apply provided they satisfy the educational qualification norms prescribed by the University
- Candidates with Marine or equivalent Post-graduate degrees from recognized Universities and PG Diploma holders in related fields from IITs, NITs and IIMs can also apply
- Candidates having BE/ B.Tech., UG degree in Nautical Science are also eligible to do research in Marine related subjects.
Part-time Ph.D. (Internal)
- Candidate with Indian citizenship working within Tamil Nadu who satisfy the eligible qualification norms prescribed by this University can apply for Internal part-time Ph.D. programme.
Part-time Ph.D. (External)
- Under this category, candidates who satisfy the eligible qualification norms of the university can pursue External part-time Ph.D. either in their place of employment and/or in the University. Such candidates must spend at least one full semester under the direct guidance of the research supervisors
Vels University PhD Admission Seats 2019
- Biochemistry – 24 seats
- Bioinformatics – 8 seats
- Biotechnology – 1 seat
- Chemistry – 26 seats
- Civil Engineering – 12 seats
- Commerce – 13 seats
- Computer Science – 4 seats
- Mechanical Engineering -14 seats
- Microbiology – 3 seats
- Pharmacy – 29 seats
- Tamil – 6 seats
- Hindi – 7 seats
- Law – 8 seats
- ECE – 11 seats
- Students from under-privileged and socially handicapped sections are admitted to the University according to All India Reservation policy
Vels University PhD Admission Application Form 2019
How to apply
- Vels University PhD Admission Application Form available at the official website www.velsuniv.ac.in
- Candidate can download online application form or obtain it in person from the University office upon payment of [rupee] 1100/-
- Candidate can also obtain the form through post by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope along with the DD of [rupee] 1200/- drawn in favour of “Registrar, Vels University” payable at Chennai
- Duly filled-in applications, along with the processing fee, must be sent to the following address:
Velan Nagar, P.V.Vaithiyalingam Road,
Pallavaram, Chennai 600 117, Tamil Nadu
- 3 Passport Size photographs of the candidate
- Two self-addressed stamped ( [rupee] 10/- ) envelope
- Mark Sheet of the qualifying examination or equivalent.
- Provisional Pass Certificate / Degree Certificate of the qualifying examination.
- Transfer Certificate and Conduct Certificate from the Institute last studied.
- Community Certificate.
- Entrance examination mark sheet.
For Foreign candidates:
- No Objection Certificate from the Ministry of HRD, Govt. of India, New Delhi.
- Eligibility Certificate from the respective University
- Appropriate Student Visa
Vels University PhD Admission Selection Procedure 2019
- Candidate’s selection will be based on their performance in the VEE and the interview conducted by concerned department, and their marks in the qualifying examination
- Selected candidates should report to the Directors of Schools / Heads of the Department on the specified date and time
- Candidates shall be admitted in accordance with the seats available for Ph.D. programme twice a year (i.e. January and July).
Vels University PhD Admission Important Dates 2019
|1||Last date of receiving duly filled-in application form||09th May, 2019|
|2||Date of Entrance Examination||13th May, 2019|
University Campus, Velan Nagar,
PV Vaithiyalingam Road, Pallavaram,
Chennai – 600117, Tamil Nadu, India,
Phone: + 91 – 44 – 2266 2500 / 2501 / 2502 / 2503,
Fax : 044 – 22662513,
Website : www.velsuniv.ac.in.