Vels University PhD AdmissionAdmission Notification »
Vels University PhD Admission 2019
Vels University invites application from eligible candidates for admission to PhD Programs for the academic year 2019.
Vels University PhD Admission Eligibility 2019
- Candidates should possess Master’s Degree with at least 50% of marks in the concerned subjects of different faculties. Candidates with CA, CFA, ACS or ICWA degree are also eligible to register for Ph.D. programme
- Research fellows of CSIR, ICAR, BARC and candidates working in research projects funded University Grants Commission (UGC) /Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) and similar national / state level organizations are also eligible to apply provided they satisfy the educational qualification norms prescribed by the University
- Candidates with Marine or equivalent Post-graduate degrees from recognized Universities and PG Diploma holders in related fields from IITs, NITs and IIMs can also apply
- Candidates having BE/ B.Tech., UG degree in Nautical Science are also eligible to do research in Marine related subjects.
Part-time Ph.D. (Internal)
- Candidate with Indian citizenship working within Tamil Nadu who satisfy the eligible qualification norms prescribed by this University can apply for Internal part-time Ph.D. programme.
Part-time Ph.D. (External)
- Under this category, candidates who satisfy the eligible qualification norms of the university can pursue External part-time Ph.D. either in their place of employment and/or in the University. Such candidates must spend at least one full semester under the direct guidance of the research supervisors
Vels University PhD Admission Seats 2019
- Biochemistry – 24 seats
- Bioinformatics – 8 seats
- Biotechnology – 1 seat
- Chemistry – 26 seats
- Civil Engineering – 12 seats
- Commerce – 13 seats
- Computer Science – 4 seats
- Mechanical Engineering -14 seats
- Microbiology – 3 seats
- Pharmacy – 29 seats
- Tamil – 6 seats
- Hindi – 7 seats
- Law – 8 seats
- ECE – 11 seats
- Students from under-privileged and socially handicapped sections are admitted to the University according to All India Reservation policy
Vels University PhD Admission Application Form 2019
How to apply
- Vels University PhD Admission Application Form available at the official website www.velsuniv.ac.in
- Candidate can download online application form or obtain it in person from the University office upon payment of ₹ 1100/-
- Candidate can also obtain the form through post by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope along with the DD of ₹ 1200/- drawn in favour of “Registrar, Vels University” payable at Chennai
- Duly filled-in applications, along with the processing fee, must be sent to the following address:
Velan Nagar, P.V.Vaithiyalingam Road,
Pallavaram, Chennai 600 117, Tamil Nadu
- 3 Passport Size photographs of the candidate
- Two self-addressed stamped ( ₹ 10/- ) envelope
- Mark Sheet of the qualifying examination or equivalent.
- Provisional Pass Certificate / Degree Certificate of the qualifying examination.
- Transfer Certificate and Conduct Certificate from the Institute last studied.
- Community Certificate.
- Entrance examination mark sheet.
For Foreign candidates:
- No Objection Certificate from the Ministry of HRD, Govt. of India, New Delhi.
- Eligibility Certificate from the respective University
- Appropriate Student Visa
Vels University PhD Admission Selection Procedure 2019
- Candidate’s selection will be based on their performance in the VEE and the interview conducted by concerned department, and their marks in the qualifying examination
- Selected candidates should report to the Directors of Schools / Heads of the Department on the specified date and time
- Candidates shall be admitted in accordance with the seats available for Ph.D. programme twice a year (i.e. January and July).
Vels University PhD Admission Important Dates 2019
|1||Last date of receiving duly filled-in application form||09th May, 2019|
|2||Date of Entrance Examination||13th May, 2019|
University Campus, Velan Nagar,
PV Vaithiyalingam Road, Pallavaram,
Chennai – 600117, Tamil Nadu, India,
Phone: + 91 – 44 – 2266 2500 / 2501 / 2502 / 2503,
Fax : 044 – 22662513,
Website : www.velsuniv.ac.in.
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.