Visva Bharati Sangit Bhavana MPhil AdmissionAdmission Notification »
Visva Bharati Sangit Bhavana MPhil Admission 2014
Sangit – Bhavana,
Visva – Bharati,
West Bengal – 731 235,
Website : www.visva-bharati.ac.in.
Visva Bharati Sangit Bhavana invites application for admission to two year MPhil Course in Sangit – Bhavana for the academic session 2014 – 2015.
The following subjects are offered in MPhil Course in Sangit – Bhavana :
- Department of Rabindra Music, Dance & Drama – Rabindra Sangit, Manipuri Dance, Kathakali Dance, Rabindranritya, Drama and Theatre Arts.
- Department of Hindusthani Classical Music – Hindusthani Music ( Vocal ), Sitar and other plucked Instruments, Esraj and other bowing and wind Instruments, Tabla, Pakhwaz.
Visva Bharati MPhil in Sangit – Bhavana Admission Eligibility 2014 :
General and O.B.C Candidates :
- The candidates who secured 55% marks in aggregate in the subjects / allied subjects / and or any other subjects at the Post Graduate Level with Music studied as an interdisciplinary subject at any Level from any University / Institution recognized by U.G.C preceded by Honours Degree in the same / allied subjects / and or any other subjects are eligible to apply for MPhil Course. The candidates with M. Mus. Degree from Open Universities and Correspondence Courses having Honours in B.Music and recognized by U.G.C are eligible to apply for admission to MPhil Course subject to the fulfilment of the eligibility criteria. Candidates from any other discipline with adequate knowledge in Music may also apply.
For S.C / S.T / P.H. Candidates :
- The eligibility criteria for admission to M. Phil. Programme be 50% marks in aggregate at the Post Graduate Level in the subject concerned / allied subject and or any other subjects at the Post Graduate Level with Music studied as an interdisciplinary subject at any Level from any University / Institutions recognized by U.G.C.
Visva Bharati Mphil Admission Procedure 2014 :
- Admission Test of 100 Marks will be conducted in two parts – (i) Written Test of 50 Marks and (ii) Practical Examination of 50 Marks.
- Out of 50 Marks of Written Test, 30 Marks will be Objective type and 20 Marks will be Subjective / Descriptive. Out of 20 Marks of Subjective / Descriptive nature, there will be two compulsory questions of 10 Marks each.
- Candidates who will secure at least 4 (four) Marks out of 10 Marks in each Subjective / Descriptive compulsory question, i.e., 4 qualifying marks in compulsory question be called for Practical Examination.
- The minimum pass marks for General Candidates and Candidates under Reserved Category are 50 out of 100 and 30 out of 100 respectively.
- Preference will be given to U.G.C / J.R.F Certificate holders. No provisional admission will be allowed.
- The merit list will be prepared on the marks of the Admission Test out of 100.
Visva Bharati Mphil Admission Application Form 2014 :
- Visva Bharati Mphil Application forms have to be downloaded from the University Website: www.visva_bharati.ac.in
- Filled in application form ( s ) alongwith an account payee Demand Draft of ₹ 500/- ( for General & OBC candidates ) and ₹ 150/- ( for SC / ST and PWD candidates ) drawn on S.B.I., Santiniketan ( Code 2121 ) branch and issued in favour of theAccounts Officer, Visva-Bharati, Santiniketan.
Visva Bharati Mphil Admission Important Dates 2014 :
Visva Bharati Mphil Application Last Date : 28th July, 2014.
Visva Bharati Mphil Entrance Test : 11th August,2014.
Visva Bharati Mphil Practical Admission Test : 18th August, 2014.
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.