Wildlife Institute of India Dehradun MSc Wildlife Science Admission 2015
Chandrabani, Dehradun – 248 001,
Telephone No. : 0135 – 2640111,
Fax : 0135 – 2640117,
Email : email@example.com,
Website : www.wiienvis.nic.in
Wildlife Institute of India Dehradun invites admission application for MSc Course in Wildlife Science 2015 – 2016.
MSc in Wildlife Science Admission Eligibility 2015
- Bachelor’s degree in Science, Medical Science, Engineering, Veterinary Science, Agriculture, Forestry, Pharmacy, Social Science, Computer Science and Computer Applications or degrees recognized as equivalent thereof ( should have studied in Science stream at Higher Secondary Education Board or other equivalent board ).
- Minimum of 15 years of formal education ( either 10+2+3 or 11+2+2 ).
- Minimum of 55% aggregate marks in Bachelor’s degree.
Candidates must produce result along with mark sheet of their Graduation at the time of their Personality and Aptitude Test ( PAT ), failing which their candidature will be treated as cancelled. The OBC candidates who belong to “Creamy Layer” are not entitled for concessions admissible to OBC category and such candidates have to indicate their category as ”General”. The OBC ( Non – Creamy Layer ) candidates are required to submit requisite certificate in prescribed format of Government of India, from a Competent Authority issued in the current year ( 2014 – 15 ). The name of the caste and community indicated in the OBC ( Non – Creamy Layer ) certificate must appear in the Central list of Other Backward Classes which can be found at http://ncbc.nic.in/Centrallistifobc.html. Further, OBC ( Non – Creamy Layer ) candidates will have to give a self – undertaking indicating that they belong to OBC ( Non – Creamy Layer ) category also at the time of written test / interview, if called for.
Candidates with Bachelor’s Degree from Universities outside India should obtain certificates of equivalence from the Secretary General, Association of Indian Universities, AIU House 16, Comrade Indrajit Gupta Marg, New Delhi-110002 ( Website : www.aiuweb.org/Contact/contact.asp ), email to firstname.lastname@example.org, ( Phone : + 91-11-23230059; 23232429; 23232305, Fax : + 91-11- 23232131 ).
In case of Foreign nationals who do not have English as their native language should provide evidence of proficiency in English ( e.g. TOEFL Score ) for admission to this course. The TOEFL or IELTS score reports should not be more than two years since taking the Test to submission of the application. A minimum TOEFL Score of 213 ( computer based ), 550 ( paper based ), or 79 ( internet based ), or minimum of 6.0 IELTS score is required.
Wildlife Institute of India Dehradun MSc Admission Age Limit : The age limit is 25 years as on July 01, 2015 with relaxation of 5 years for reserved category candidates. For the in-service candidates working in Forest and Wildlife Departments, the age limit is 35 years as on July 01, 2015.
MSc in Wildlife Science Admission 2015 Selection Procedure
Eligible candidates will be required to appear for an online National Eligibility Test ( NET ) in any one of the 10 Centres ( Bengaluru, Bhopal, Delhi, Dehra Dun, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Jammu, Kolkata, Lucknow and Mumbai ) on 9th May, 2015. The NET will be for 2.5 hours duration and having maximum 100 marks. The test will have 40 marks multiple-choice questions on General Awareness including Current Affairs, Quantitative Skills, English Language and Computer knowledge; 60 marks multiple-choice questions in Biological Sciences at Graduation level ( B.Sc degree ). General and OBC candidates appeared in NET screening will need to secure minimum 50% marks in NET to qualify, while SC / ST candidates need to secure minimum 40% marks in NET to qualify. Shortlisted meritorious candidates based on NET screening will be called to take a Personality and Aptitude Test ( PAT ) at Dehra Dun on 27th – 28th May, 2015. Final selection to the course will be made on the basis of combined merit of 50% marks obtained in the Graduation degree examination and 50% of PAT. Shortlisted candidates must furnish their Graduation marksheet including that of the final year at the time of PAT, failing which they will not be allowed to appear in PAT. First top 05 ( five ) qualified candidates in NET for each of the allocated seat to various categories will be called to appear in the PAT. Qualified candidates belonging to “General Category” will be interviewed on 27th May, 2015, while qualified reserved category ( SC / ST / OBC ) candidates will be interviewed on 28th May, 2015. The PAT will be held at WII, Chandrabani, Dehradun ( Uttarakhand ).
The selected Indian nationals will have to confirm their joining in the course i.e acceptance of selection offer positively by 10th June, 2015 by email. Failing which, the waitlisted candidates in appropriate lists will be offered the seat.
MSc in Wildlife Science Application Form 2015
- The entire process of registration for admission process and NET is “Online”. Details for online registration and NET are likely to appear on the WII’s website www.wii.gov.in under announcements latest by 31st March, 2015. Interested candidates / applicants are advised to regularly check WII’s website for latest updates and link for online registration. The online registration process will be open for all Indian Nationals w.e.f 09th April, 2015 to 23rd April, 2015.
- All eligible candidates are advised to follow the latest updates on the WII’s website www.wii.gov.in under announcements ) for online registration of applicants, submission of application and payment of application processing fee, etc.
- All Indian Nationals those in service are required to register online and route their applications ( after successful online registration, application submission and payment of fees ) through proper channel to the Course Director, XV M.Sc. Wildlife Science Course, Wildlife Institute of India, Chandrabani, Dehradun – 248001 ( Uttarakhand ) by Registered Post positively by 9th May, 2015. However, they may send an advance copy for preliminary consideration. Envelope containing application of in-service candidate being sent through proper channel should be marked “APPLICATION OF IN-SERVICE CANDIDATE FOR XV M.SC. WILDLIFE SCIENCE COURSE”.
- Candidates will be required to fill in their personal, educational and professional experience profiles online besides uploading a recent passport size photograph, scanned copies of school certificate as an indication proof of date of birth, marksheet of Graduation degree ( Previous / Final year ), caste certificate ( applicable for candidates seeking reservation quota ). Candidates will make the payment of application fee ( 1000/- Rupees one thousand only ) through the prescribed “Payment Gateway”.
- The entrusted online agency will issue “Admit Card” to eligible candidates which can be downloaded from weblink provided. The admit card will have details of Examination Centre, Date and Time of online NET wherein applicants will appear in the NET on their own cost. Applicants will make their own arrangement for travel and accommodation for appearing in the 2 hour online NET.
- The Institute will upload the result of NET and shortlisted candidates for PAT i.e those are being called for interview at WII, Dehradun latest by 12th May, 2015.
Important Dates for MSc in Wildlife Science Admission 2015
|S.No||2 Years Diploma Courses||No. of Seats|
|1||Diploma in Operation Theatre Techniques ||10|
|2||Diploma in Ophthalmic Techniques||10|
|3||Diploma in Hospital Documentation & Record Keeping||10|
|4||Diploma in Burns and Plastic Surgery Techniques||10|
|5||Diploma in Intensive Care Unit|
|6||Diploma in First Aid & Emergency Care||10|
|7||Diploma in Haemato-Oncology & Bone Marrow Transplantation Techniques||10|
|8||Diploma in Neurophysiology Techniques||10|