Engineering Admission through SEATCareer Course »
Engineering Admission through SEAT : : Career in Engineering | Career Options in Engineering | Engineering Institutes | Study Plan for IIT JEE Exams | Engineering Admission through AIEEE | Engineering Admission through CET
(B) Admission through SEAT
Different States organise State Engineering Admission Tests (SEATs) every year as under the Three – Exam Scheme (JEE and AIEEE at the National level and SEATs at the State level) approved by a Government of India Resolution 2001 to this effect.
Eligibility Criteria for SEAT Examination :
- A pass in the final examination of the 10+2 system or equivalent with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as three subjects.
- Students appearing for the qualifying exam in the year of admission can also appear in the tests.
- Students may also refer to the announcement of the specific Institution or Testing Authority, since eligibility as well as other criteria such as age, domicile, etc., may vary from Test to Test and State to State.
Syllabus for SEAT Exam : The syllabus of the three subjects, Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics for all SEATs is largely similar to the whole range and nature of topics specified for IIT – JEE and AIEEE.
(C) Admission through CEE
A Combined Entrance Examination (CEE) is held by the Delhi University every year generally in the month of June for admission to first semester of BE courses in Delhi College of Engineering and Delhi Institute of Technology. Candidates applying under Defence quota / Nominated candidates are exempted from CEE.
Delhi CEE Eligibility Criteria : The candidates should have passed Senior School Certificate Examination (12 Year Course) conducted by CBSE or any other examination recognised as equivalent thereto by the University of Delhi with 60% marks (50% for SC / ST category and 55% for wards of Defence Personnel) in aggregate of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. Candidates appearing in the qualifying examinations are also eligible.
Applicants should be 17 years of age on or before 1st October of the year of admission.
Delhi CEE Selection Procedure : The eligible candidates are required to appear at a Combined Entrance Examination (CEE) held in the month of May / June conducted by the University of Delhi, at Delhi only for admission to B.E. course. The result is published in leading newspapers / displayed on notice boards in colleges / university.
Candidates who stand in merit on the basis of CEE result are also required to apply separately for admission in the prescribed application form which can be obtained from the Netaji Subhas Institute of Technology / Delhi College of Engineering.
A Common Entrance Examination (CEE) is conducted by Controller of Entrance Examination at state level for admission to :
- Medical – MBBS, BDS, B.Pharm., B.Sc. (Nursing), BSc. (MLT), BAMS, BUMS and BSMS (Sidha).
- Agriculture – B.Sc. (Agri.), BFSc, B.Sc. (Forestry).
- Veterinary – BVSc. & AH.
- Engineering – B.Tech. [Including B.Tech. (Agricultural Engineering / B.Tech. (Dairy Science & Technology) courses under the Kerala Agriculture University].
- Architecture – Colleges affiliated to the Calicut, Kannur, Kerala, CUSAT and Mahatma Gandhi universities value the score of CEE.
Kerala CEE Eligibility : A pass in 10+2 from any one of the universities in Kerala, or its equivalent with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics securing 50% marks in Mathematics separately and 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Maths put together (45% marks / pass marks for SEBC and SC / ST candidates).
Those who have appeared in the qualifying exam are also eligible to apply. Candidates should have completed 17 Years on 31st December of the year of admission. Diploma holders securing 50% marks are also eligible for admission.
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.