Fashion Designing Courses Eligibility
One needs to pass 10 +2 with Science in order to pursue a Diploma or Degree in Fashion Designing. To pursue Postgraduate studies in Fashion Designing, one needs to complete a Bachelor’s Degree in Science or Arts or should be a Bachelor’s Degree holder in Fine Arts.
Aptitude for Fashion Design Course :
Designing is a natural talent. One should be creative and should have a flair for sketching and designing. A sense of colour and an eye for detail are also required.
Certain personality skills can be acquired too, such as being computer – friendly, developing an interest in the latest fashion and being aware of the international fashion trends. Good communication skills are required to articulate one’s ideas and to understand the client’s requirements. Knowledge of the market is a must.
Fashion Design Courses :
Diploma and Degree courses in Accessory Designing are available in several institutes. One can also go in for a Master’s Degree in Accessory Designing. B.Tech., M.Tech. and Postgraduate Diploma Courses in Leather and Footwear Science and Engineering are also open for students.Most courses have a duration of six months to two years.
Prospects for Fashion Design Career :
Nowadays, it is a status symbol to wear garments and accessories designed by renowned designers. Because of this, the demand for professional Fashion Designers is constantly on the rise.
One who has done a course in Fashion Designing will never be short of work opportunities. One can find employment in a company that manufactures fashion items like buttons, scarves, brooches and hairclips.
One can also find employment in a company manufacturing jewellery items. Gili, Enchante, Nakshatra, Oyzter Bay, Tanishq and De Beers are renowned names in jewellery designing.
Even traditional jewellery houses are now hiring trained designers who can cater to the overseas market. Footwear manufacturing companies employ designers to make new varieties of shoes for their companies.
Leather manufacturing companies that produce wallets, belts and handbags employ freshers in their companies. One can also join as an assistant to a well known Fashion Designer. One can also take up freelancing as an Accessory Designer for a domestic company or an export house.
Alternately, one can become self – employed by setting up a designer boutique on one’s own. The prospects increase in this field with increase in experience.
Fashion Designer Remuneration :
As a trainee Jewellery Designer, one can expect a modest salary of ₹ 7,000 to ₹ 8,000. A higher ‘salary’ of ₹ 10,000 is expected when one’s job is confirmed.
In a reputed firm, one will get a salary of anything between ₹ 25,000 and ₹ 40,000 per month. A price as high as ₹ 50,000 can be quoted by one on gaining experience and having made a name for oneself.
A fresher in Garment Designing can start with a monthly package of ₹ 8,000 to ₹ 14,000. With an experience of around two years, one’s salary would increase to the range of ₹ 30,000 to ₹ 40,000. When one becomes a reputed Garment Designer, one can demand a king’s ransom for a particular creation.
Footwear Designing Institute :
- Footwear Design and Development Institute, A-10 / A, Sector – 24, Noida ( UK ).
- The Central Footwear Training Institute, C – 41 / 42, Site – C, Industrial Area, Sikandara, Agra ( U.P. ).
- Central Leather Research Institute, Chenhai, Tamil Nadu.
- National Institute of Fashion Technology, Campus, Old Mahabalipuram Road, Taramani, Chennai, Tamil Nadu.
- Central Footwear Training Institute, 65 / 1, GST Road, Guindy, Chermai, Tamil Nadu.
Institute for Garment Designing :
- Apeejay Institute of Design, 54, Tughlaqabad Institutional Area, Mehrauli-Badarpur Road, New Delhi – 110 062 Website : www.apeejay.edu
- National Institute of Design Pakli, Ahmedabad – 380 007, Gujarat Website : www.nid.edu
- National Institute of Fashion Design ( NIFD ),Chandigarh Website : www.nifd.net
- National Institutes of Fashion Technology ( NIFTs ), New Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, Hyderabad, Chennai, Gandhinagar, Bengaluru Website : wwwniftindia.com
- Northern India Institute of Fashion Technology, C – 115, Phase – VII, Industrial Area, Mohali-160 055, Punjab Website : www.niiftindia.com
- Pearl Academy of Fashion, C – 56 / 2 Okhla Indl. Area, Phase II, New Delhi – 110 020 Website : www.pearkcademy.com
- SNDT Women’s University, Mumbai, Maharashtra Website : www.sndt.edu
- Srishti School of Art, Design & Technology, P.O Box 6430, Yelahanka, Bengaluru – 560 064, Karnataka Website : www.srishtriblr.org
- University of Mumbai, M. G. Road, Fort, Mumbai – 400 032, Maharashtra Website : www.mu.ac.in
Gem & Jewellery Designing Institute :
- Gem & Jewellery Export Promotion Council, Rajasthan Bhavan, Jaipur, Rajasthan.
- IDI – Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel Centre of Jewellery Design & Manufacture, Katargam, GIDC, Surat, Gujarat.
- Indian Gemological Institute, F – 32, Jhandewaian, New Delhi – 410 055.
- JD Institute of Fashion Technology, Hauz Khas Village, New Delhi.
- Jewellery Design & Technology Institute, A – 89, Sector – 2, Noida, Uttar Pradesh.
- St. Xavieir’s College, Gemology Division, Department of Gemology, Mumbai, Maharashtra.
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.