Career in Interview TechniquesCareer Course »
Career in Interview Techniques
So you have managed to get to the interview stage. This means that your covering letter & Curriculum Vitae have stood up to the scrutiny of the Human Resources Department & the Specialist Department to which you are applying.
So what preparation is required?
- Know where the interview is & decide on the mode of transport.
- Go well in advance – nothing worse than being late.
- Take deodorant with you and put it on just before the interview – you are likely to have picked up all kinds of smells even before you have reached your destination.
- Be formally dressed, not casual ( unless you are going to a hip IT company ).
- Check the company’s website – be prepared to talk about latest developments. This is critical to your success.
- Take a copy of your Covering Letter & Curriculum Vitae.
- Try to speak to existing & former employees of the company for further information about the culture of the company.
At the Interview :
- There is no need to be nervous, the interviewer is also just a human being with all the same problems as the rest of us.
- Greet the interviewer with a smile and a firm handshake. Your hands should be dry.
Key Interview Questions :
- Tell me a little bit about yourself – be relevant to the position applied for.
- What are your strengths and weaknesses – be specific. Make one of your strengths sound like a weakness.
The interviewer is looking for problem solvers, somebody who will take away their headaches. So your replies should be very precise showing proof of your hard work etc.
Do not make general comments like “I am very honest”. You must say what it is that you have done that has made other people realize how honest you are.
Due to popular demand our Careers & Courses division in Connaught Place, New Delhi was started to help students in improving their interview technique, personality & communication skills.
Lakhs of readers had requested that we open a centre as CSR is a name that they can trust that has been guiding students through its magazines Competition Success Review & General Knowledge Today for over four decades.
We provide English Speaking, Personality – Development & Interview Technique Courses. Our objective is to provide, a quality service and so class sizes are very small.
Our students have joined reputable companies in IT, Civil Services and other prestigious careers.
Due to overwhelming demand we have also started certificate courses in Business Skills, Financial Management, Finance for Managers and Marketing.
We also provide courses for Institutes & Companies.
Our faculty has worked in UK for over 16 years and also in India for 6 years.
CSR Careers & Courses,
316, Third Floor, Competent House,
F – BIock Connaught Place,
New Delhi – 110 001,
Phone No. : 011 – 41523321, 9810479149,
Email : careers@competitionreviewcom.