Eligibility for Indian Defence CareerCareer Course »
Eligibility for Indian Defence Career : : Career in Defence Services
Indian Army :
Technical Entry Scheme ( TES ) for male 10+2 ( PCM ) candidates. 10+2 Pass unmarried make candidates with Physic, Chemistry & Maths ( PCM ) with a minimum of 70% marks and between the age of 16½ and 19½ Years are eligible for the grant of permanent commission in the Army after 4 Years of technical military training with prescribed terms eligible candidates are invited through advertisement in the Employment News and other prominent dailies.
The candidates must have a 6/6 eyesight in each eye with or without glasses and a minimum height of 157.5 cm with chest expansion of 5 cm. Candidates have to clear total training period of 5 Years including 1 Year of Basic Military training at Indian Military Academy, Dehradun and 4 Years of Technical training at Pune Secunderabad. On successful completion of course, cadets are granted Permanent Commission in the rank of Lieutenant as also an Engineering degree.
Following are other avenues of employment for X & XII pass candidates in India Army :
Junior Commissioned Officers ( JCOs ) :
Applicants for the post of JCOs in catering should be between 21 – 27 Years with a 10+2 with Science and a 1 Year cookery diploma or a certificate from a recognized foodcraft institute. JCOs as Religious Teachers are males between 27 Years and 34 Years who are graduates in any discipline with a qualification in their own religious denomination.
For further details visit our website www.joinindianarmy.nic.in.
Application details are released through advertisement in Employment News and Rezgar Samachar for various entries.
- Soldiers ( General Duty ) : High School within Age – Limit or 16 – 32.
- Technical : High School within Age – Limit of 16 – 32 Years.
- Nursing Assistant : High School with Biology within Age limit of 16 – 25.
- Mahila Constable : Matriculation ( 18 – 23 Years of age ).
- Soldiers Tradesman : Non – Matric 16 – 20 Years.
Please consult Employment News or prominent national dailies for these posts.
Indian Navy :
Soldiers : Unmarried Male Indian citizens with 55% aggregate marks in Maths & Science at Matriculation or Equivalent level with age limit of 16 – 19 Years. ( or ) 10+2 or equivalent exam passed with 50% aggregate marks in PCM and at least 50% aggregate marks in Maths & Physics. There are written test & Physical Fitness Tests before entry.
10+2 Cadet Entry Scheme : 10+2 or its equivalent exam Pass candidates with at least 70% aggregate marks in the PCM and at least 50% marks in English either Class X or Class XII within the age limit of 16½ and 19 Years the selected by Indian Navy for training at its prestigious Naval College of Engineering at Lonavala ( Pune ) and Cochin University of Sciences & Technology, Kochi, to prepare officers for a career in Marine / Electrical / Electronic Engineering and Naval Architecture Cadres of the Indian Navy.
The candidates must have a minimum height of 157 cm with chest expansion of 5 cm and co – related weight with age and an uncorrected eyesight of 6/12, 6/12 ( without glass ) and 6/6, 6/6 corrected with glass. The short listed candidates are called for interview by SSB followed by a physical test and on successful completion of 4 Year training, are granted permanent commission in Navy. The Indian Navy also recruits 10+2 Pass Artificer Apprentice for which it holds a competitive written exam. This field is open to unmarried male Indian citizens with a height of 157 cm with a chest expansion of 5 cm.
Indian Air Force :
Airmen in Group ‘Y’ Trades : The minimum qualifications for recruitment as Airmen is Matriculation / Intermediate or equivalent examination ( including 10+2 ) with a minimum 50% marks and pass marks in English.
- Eligibility : Only unmarried male Indian citizens as also citizens of Nepal are eligible for recruitment.
- Height : Minimum 152.5 cm.
- Mechanical Driver : 165 cm ( 162.5 cm for candidates belonging to Uttaranchal and North Eastern States ) with minimum leg length of 99 cm.
- Ground Training Instructor : 167 cm ( 162.5 cm for candidates belonging to Uttaranchal and North East.
- IAF ( Police ) : 175 cm.
- Chest : Minimum expansion of 5 cm. Weight Corresponding to height and age.
- Vision : Unaided 6/36, corrected with glasses 6/36, corrected with glasses 6/9 for each eye [For IAF ( Security & Police ) unaided vision is 6/6].
- Hearing : Able to hear forced whisper at 6 minutes with each ear separately.
- Written Test : Candidates have to qualify both in English & Mathematical Reasoning papers.
The successful candidates have to undergo a Physical Fitness Test which includes a 1.6 km run to be completed in maximum of 8 minutes. Candidates qualifying in PFT have to undergo medical examination by the Air Force Medical Team as per IAF Medical Standard.
Airmen in Tech ( Intermediate ) Trades X Groups : Unmarried male Indian citizens are subjects of Nepal between 16 – 22 Years of age can apply for Airmen in Tech ( Intermediate ) Trades. The minimum educational qualification for these trades is Intermediate ( 10+2 ) or equivalent examination with Physics, Maths & English with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate. Medical standards are the same as for Airmen in Group ‘Y’.
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.