Institutes of Sports & Physical Education
Sai Netaji Subhas National Institute of Sports, Patiala ( Affiliated to Punjabi University ) offers the following Courses :
I. 2 Year Master’s Degree Course in Sports Coaching in the following Disciplines : Athletics, Basketball, Football, Gymnastics, Hockey, Swimming, Volleyball, Wrestling and Weightlifting.
- Degree from a recognized Indian or Foreign University.
- Diploma in Coaching from Netaji Subhas National Institute of Sports, Patiala with 60% and above.
- Age : Below 45 Years.
- Research Aptitude.
Prospectus with application form can be had from Register, SAI, NS NIS, Patiala by sending the crossed postal order for requisite charges in favour of Executive Director.
The Course Commences in August.
Last Date : July.
II. 2 Year Diploma Course in Sports Medicine ( DSM ) ( Recognized by the Medical Council of India under Indian Medical Council Act 1956 ).
Eligibility : Passed MBBS exam.
Last Date : December.
III. 10½ Months Diploma Course in Coaching All India Police Games, All India Railways. All India Steel Board Meet, National Sports Championships for at least 3 Years.
IV.2 Year master’s Course in Coaching All India Police Games, All India Railways, All India Steel Board Meet, National Sports Championship for at least 3 Years.
V. One Year Diploma Course in Coaching :
The minimum qualifications for admissions to the Diploma Course are as follows :
( a ) 3 Years Bachelor in Arts, Science, Commerce with sports achievements as follows :
- Represented the country in major International Competitions. (or)
- Obtained any one of the first three positions in National Championships for Senior. (or)
- Obtained any one of the first two positions in All India Inter University / Junior National Championship. (or)
- Two times participation in recognized National Championship for seniors. (or)
- Three times participation in All India Inter University championship and Finalist (1st and 2nd ) in Inter University zonal Championship. (or)
- Three times participation in Inter – Service Meet, All India Police Games, Inter – Railways. (or)
- In case of Cricket, 3 times participation in Ranji Trophy / Rani Jhansi Trophy / Duleep Trophy. (or)
(b) Master in Physical Education with participation in Inter University Championship including Zonal Championship or Senior National Championship. (or)
3 Year Bachelor of Physical Education / Post Graduate Diploma in Physical Education / One Year B.P.Ed after graduation, with two times participation in Inter – Varsity Championship including Zonal Championship plus 2 Years practical experience.
The course will be conducted at two venues only i.e. Patiala and Bangalore. During the course the students will be asked to do practical field work in Sai / State organizations (adapted Schools, SPDA Centres, Sports Hostels, etc.).
VI.Advance Course in Coaching :
This course should be the highest qualification in coaching and should train coaches for working with national teams. Minimum qualification for admission to the advance course would be as follows :
- He should have produced a National Junior Champion thrice. (or)
- He should have produced a National Senior Champion twice. (or)
- SAF Gold Medallist once. (or)
- Asian Champion – 1st to 4th place once. (or)
- Asian Games – 1st to 7th place once.
The candidates to be coaching course will be of recommendations of National Federations or on recommendations of SAI. The duration of the course will be 6 months.
The venue of the course will be Patiala. The course will be conducted only in one priority discipline at a time since foreign experts, foreign coaches will have to be associated.
VII.6 Weeks Certificate Courses in Sports
Short – Term Certificate Courses in Sports all India Police Games, All India Railway, All India Steel Board Meet, National Sports Championship for at least 3 Years.
VIII.Sai Netaji Subhas National Institute of Sports : West Centre, Gandhinagar, Gujarat offers the following Short – Term Courses :
Special Course in Coaching for North Eastern Region Students :
Duration : 1 Year.
Venue : Sai Eastern Centre, Salt Lake City, Calcutta.
Educations Qualifications : 10+2 pass. Graduates and 10+2 with Science would be preferred.
Sports Achievements :
- Participation 3 times in North Eastern Sports Festival. (or)
- 3rd place in any of the competitions namely Junior National Championships. (or)
- 3rd place in any of the competitions organised for Juniors by the Department of Youth Affairs & Sports.
- 3rd place in the All India Interuniversity competitions organised by AIU. (or)
- 3rd place in the Senior section in the National School Games organised by SGFI for school students.
Course in Athletics, Basketball, Volleyball, Football, Judo, hockey. Diploma in Courses for Training of Coaches in recognised sport events.
IX.Sai Netaji Subhas National Institute of Sports :
North East Centres, Imphal, Manipur offers Short – Term Courses in Football, Basketball, Volley ball, Gymnastics, and Hockey.
Delhi offers Short – Term Regular Coaching in Athletics and other sports disciplines in recognised sports events.
X.Lakshmibai National Institute of Physical Education :
Gwalior offers the following Courses :
- 3 Year Bachelor of Physical Education ( B.P.Ed. ).
Eligibility : Candidates who have passed 10+2 / HSC exam. Proficiency in Sports. Matriculates who have represented in recognised sports events at the national level are also eligible.
- 2 Years Master of Physical Education in recognised Sports events.
- 1 Year M.Phil in Physical Education in recognised Sports events.
XI. Lakshmibai National College of Physical Education : ( Affiliated to University of Kerala ) offers the following Courses :
- 3 Year Bachelor of Physical Education ( BPE ).
Eligibility : Candidates who have passed class XII / 10+2 with Proficiency in Sports.
- 2 Year Master of Physical Education ( MPE )
Trivandrum – 695 581 ( Kerala ).
Prospectus can be had from the Office on payment of requisite charges or on remittance of Postal Order of the requisite charges in favour of the Principal. LNCPE and payable at Kariavattom Post office.
Special Features :
- Special consideration in admission of the First 3 Position holders in the Nationals. All
- India Inter University Sports competitions.
- Subsidised boarding up to [rupee] 600/- p.m. for women and SC / ST candidates and up to [rupee] 300/- p.m. for men ( general category ) and free lodging for all.
- Women students only in BPE exempted from payment of tuition fee.
- A number of Tuition Freeships and Scholarships are available.
- 20% seats reserved for SC / ST candidates.
- Excellent Training Facilities for outstanding Sports Person.
- Computer Training for Master Degree Students.