Career in Small & Medium Enterprises
Small and Medium Enterprises ( SMEs ) are the powerhouses of industry. Worldwide, they account for a massive 99.7% of all enterprises! Even in India, they comprise 95% of industrial units, 70% of employment and 85% of exports.
Smaller and medium enterprises include companies with registered and well – known brands with turnovers of above 50 crore or even 100 crore. They are the real drivers of the economy.
Contrary to belief, SMEs do not include just the cottage industry, or small one – man firms in galas or factory shed.
Today, SMEs include companies with registered and well – known brands with turnovers of above 50 crore or even 100 crore.
Road to Success :
The new constant is ‘change’. Sixty Years back, jobs and occupations were considered a life time event. For example, one got hired in a manufacturing plant and worked there until he retired with a gold watch.
The question of re – training or furthering education while working was way down the list of priorities. Let us look at the situation now.
It is now estimated that 80% of what we would be using in daily life 7 Years from now hasn’t been invented yet. The increase in new technologies is happening at exponential speed.
Combine this galloping technology with the ongoing globalization, and it becomes very clear that no business, Institution or individual can stand still or depend on the laurels of the past.
Today, each worker, institution or business has to re – train, reeducate and re – evaluate the situation daily. The constant reeducation and training could be viewed wither as stressful or as an opportunity.
Make no mistake about it – people who view it as an opportunity and eagerly embrace it would be the ones who would succeed in today’s highly competitive and changing world.
|Sr No||State||Branch_Name||Sol_Id||Address_1||Address_2||Pin_Code||Phone No|
|1||Andhrapradesh||Banjara Hills||028||Plot No.9, Jr House, Road No. 2, Banjara Hills||Hyderabad||040 - 66746162 / 70 / 72|
|2||Andhrapradesh||Visakhapatnam||031||Balaji\'s Managalgiri Chambers, 9 / 29 / 6-1, Balaji Nagar, Siripuram||Vishakhapatnam||0891-2533645 / 6 / 7 / 8|
|3||Assam||Guwahati||136||Main Branch, Gs Road||Guwahati||0361-2529247 / 2529520 / 21 / 22|
|4||Bihar||Patna||065||Kashi Palace Complex, New Dak Bunglow Road||Patna||0612 - 2204141 / 42 / 43 / 44 / 45|
|5||Bihar||Bhagalpur||721||Adjacent To Ubi, Ist Floor, Khalifabagh Chowk||Bhagalpur||9386738866|
|6||Chandigarh||Chandigarh||003||Sco 55 - 56 - 57, Madhya Marg, Sector 8 - C||Chandigarh||0172 - 2543950|
|7||Chandigarh||Mohali||054||C/O Fortis Heart Institute, Sec 62, Phase 8, Sas Nagar||Mohali||0172 - 5094171 / 70|
Sources : Government of India, Small Scale Industry, annual report 2004 – 2005.
The various definitions of SMEs used in India are :
1. Small – Scale Industrial Undertaking :
- Ancillary Industrial undertaking : An industrial undertaking which is engaged or is proposed to be engaged in the manufacture or production of parts, components, sub assemblies, tooling or intermediates, or the rendering of services and undertaking supplies or proposes to supply or renders not more than 50% of its production or services, as the case may be, to one or more other industrial undertaking and whose investment in fixed assets in plant and machinery, whether held on ownership terms or on lease or on hire purchase does not exceed 1 crore.
- All small scale units wherein investment on plant and machinery ( excluding land and building ) up to 25 lakh are classified as tiny industries.
- Export – oriented units : All small scale units which export more than 50% of their output are classified as export – oriented units.
2. Small – Scale Service Business Enterprises ( SSSBE ) :
Industrial related service / business enterprises with investment on plant and machinery up to 10 lakh excluding land and building is registered under SSSBE. Examples are advertising, marketing agencies, typing centers, laundry, etc. Those not recognized as SSSBE are education institutes, retailers, wholesalers, transporters, hotels and so on.