Career in Tool Design
Career in Tool Design
Tool Design is critical to the Manufacturing Industry. Tooling is the foundation for Product Design and the manufacturing industry. The CAD Drafting and Tool Design program concentrates on the use of CAD in product drawing, dies of metal stamping, molds of plastic processes and jig, fixture and gauge Design. Computer – aided engineering software for mold Design and mechanical applications are used.
Objectives of the Tool Design Course :
- Design and manufacture of Tools & Dies Moulds, Jigs & Fixtures, Gauges etc.
- Modern Production Technology.
- Tool – related innovations for improved Product Design.
- Training and Upgradation in Tool & Die Technology.
- Productivity improvement.
- To Serve Small & Medium sized enterprise, particularly Metal & Plastic Groups.
- Training in Tool & Die Technology, CAD / CAM / CAE Solutions.
- Design, Development and Manufacturing of quality Press Tool, Moulds, Dies, Jigs &
- Fixtures, Gauges, SPM, Precision Inspection and Reverse Engineering on CMM, Job Work etc.
- Consultancy for Product Development, Productivity and Quality improvement.
Tool Design Course Contents :
The basic subjects includes :
Jigs & Fixtures / Press Tools / Plastic Moulds / Die Casting Dies / Auto CAD CNC Programming & Machining ( Lathe & Milling ) / Unigraphics ( CAD & CAM ) CATIA ( CAD ) / ANSYS ( CAE ) / Material Specification & Heat Treatment / Application of Hydraulics & Pneumatics in Tool Design / Concept of Robotics / Concept of Reverse Engineering.
Different Tool Design Courses Offered :
(A) One Month Short Term Courses
- Auto – CAD : 2D, 3D Modeling.
- CNC Programming & Machining.
- IDEAS : Modeling, Surfacing, Assembly & Drafting.
- CATIA : Modeling, Surfacing, Assembly & Drafting.
- Unigraphics : Modeling, Surfacing, Assembly and Drafting.
- Solidworks : Modeling, Surfacing, Assembly & Drafting
- ANSYS : Structural & Thermal analysis.
- ADINA : Structural & Thermal analysis.
The eligibility conditions for the above courses are Degree / Diploma in Mechanical Engineering and ITI with relevant experience or equivalent.
Course Fee : 3,000/- for SSI & Individuals, 4,000/- for Govertment & Major Industries.
B) Medium – Term Courses :
- Post Graduate Diploma In Tool Design & CAD / CAM.
- Post Diploma in CNC Technology.
- Post Diploma in Tool Design & CAD / CAM.
- Post Diploma in CAD / CAM.
- Post Diploma in CAD / CAM for Woman.
- Post Diploma in CAD / CAM for Orthopedically Handicapped.
- Post Diploma in Tool Design.
- Master Craftsman in Tool Technology.
- Master of CAM & CNC Technology.
- Master of CAD.
- Certificate Course in CNC Machinist.
- CAD Integrated Course on Press Tool Design.
- CAD Integrated Course on Injection Module Design.
- CAD Integrated Course on Die Casting Die Design.
- CAD Integrated Course on Jigs, Fixtures & Gauges Design.
- CAD Integrated Course on Forging Die Design.
C) Certificate Courses :
Following Certificate courses of 6 months Full Time duration for SSC Appeared students.
- Certificate Course in Fitter.
- Certificate Course in Turner.
- Certificate Course in Miller.
D) Long Term Courses :
1) 4 Years Diploma in Tool & Die Making Recognized by AICTE, New Delhi
Intake Capacity : 60 + 30 ( 10 each in Jamshedpur, Kolkata and Indore ).
2) 2 Years Machinist Course is recognized as equivalent to ITI machinist course.
Intake Capacity : 2 units. Each unit comprising of 12 trainees.
3) 2 Years Advanced Machinist Course ( Only for SC / ST / OBC & Minority community whose family income from all sources is 1 Lakh per annum only and domicile of Jharkhand ).
Intake Capacity : 300 seats ( 100 seats each in Jamshedpur, Kolkata and Indore ).
4) Full Time Course Post Diploma in Computer Aided Tool Design of duration Six Months.
Eligibility : Degree / Diploma in Mechanical / Production Automobile / Manufacturing / DTDM or equivalent.
5) Post Graduate Diploma in Tool Design & CAD / CAM of duration 1½ Year ( Full Time with 6 months internship ).
The intake is for 30 seats. The minimum eligibility requirements are Bachelors Degree in Engineering ( Mechanical / Product Design / Automobile / Tool & Die / Plastics ) or equivalent.
6) Diploma Program – Tool & Die Making Course is of 4 Year duration ( DTM ).
The course is approved by AICTE, recognized by TEB, Gandhinagar Gujarat state, Accredited by Institution of Engineers ( India ).
Various Institutions offering Different Tool Design Courses :
|Central Institute of Tool Design ( CITD ), |
Hyderabad - 500 037 ( A.P. ),
Phone No : 040 - 23771959, 23776156,
Fax : 040 - 23772658,
Website : http://citdindia.org.
|Indo German Tool Room,|
P - 31, M.I.D.C. Industrial Area, Chikalthana,
Aurangabad - 431 210,
Phone No : 91 - 240 - 2486832, 2470541, 2482593,
Website : http://igtr-aur.org.
|College of Technology, |
Ferris State University,
1009 Campus Drive Big Rapids,
Michigan MI 49307 - 2280,
Website : www.ferris.edu/cdtd.
|Indo Danish Tool Room,
Jamshedpur is a Government of India Society,
Website : http://www.idtrjamshedpur.com.
|The Thiagarajar College of Engineering ( TCE ), |
Phone No : 0452 - 2482240 / 2482242.
|City University of Hong Kong, |
Tat Chee Avenue, Kowloon,
Hong Kong SAR,
Phone No : ( 852 ) 2788 7654,
Fax : ( 852 ) 27881167,
Email : email@example.com.
|Indo German Tool Room, IGTR,
Plot No.5003, Phase 4, GIDC, Vatva,
Ahmedabad - 382 445,
Phone No : ( 079 ) - 25840961 / 64, 25841960,
Fax : ( 079 ) - 25841962.
Graduates of the Tool Room Design courses find immediate employment as computer – aided Tool Detailers, Product Drafters, Entry – Level Tool Designers, CAD Operators and Other Technical – related positions.
Many students take admissions to higher degree courses such as Product Design Engineering Technology, Manufacturing Engineering Technology, Plastics Engineering Technology, Business Management Teacher Education.
The interested students are advised to check their eligibility before taking admission into an institution.
Career in Tool Design – Objectives of the Tool Design Course – Tool Design Course Contents – The basic subjects includes – Different Tool Design Courses Offered – One Month Short Term Courses – Medium – Term Courses – Certificate Courses – Long Term Courses – Conclusions
Career Course Related : Career in Tool Designing, Mould Designing Course Delhi, Tool Design Course for Mechanical Engineering in India, Career in Tool Design, PG Diploma in Tool and Die Making, Jigs and Fixtures Design Training in India, Short Term Courses Related to Plastic Mould Design, Die Casting Part Time Courses in Bangalore, Tool and Die Design Jobs, Tool and Die Making Courses, Tool Designer Career, Tool Design Courses Abroad, Manufacturing Tool Design in India, Tool Manufacturer Courses, Tool Design and Training in Ahmedabad, Die Casting Designer Jobs in Bangalore, CAD CAM CAE Courses in Indore, Tool and Die Designers in AP, Diploma in Plastic Tool Design, Auto CAD and CATIA Training Short Term Courses in New Delhi, Job in Tool and Die Making in Delhi, Tool Making Course in Inida, Diploma in Forging Dies Manufacturing, Career Courses, Offering Colleges, Universities, Course Duration, Features, Available Seats, Admission Procedures, Application Form, Fees, Career Courses in India,
Posted In career course : Leave a response for career in tool design by Yoga A