The following institutions can be helpful in this:
- College of Arts and Craft, Lucknow, UP.
- Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi, UP.
- M.S.University, Baroda, Gujrat
- Kala Bhawan, Vishwa Bharti, Shantiniketan, WB.
- Indira Kala Sangit Vish-waidyalaya, Khairagarh, CHH.
- MG Chitrakoot Gramodaya Vishwavidyalaya, Chitrakoot MP.
- Rajasthan University, Jaipur, Rajsthan.
- College of Arts, New Delhi.
- College of Arts, Chennai, TN.
- College of Arts, Patna, Bihar
- Sir J. J. School of Art, Mumbai, MH.
7. The list is indicative
The degree courses BFA. (Bachelor of Fine Art) and MFA. (Master of Fine Art) in Sculpture or Design are available in many institutions. Some institutions provide the diploma and short term courses like clay modeling which are also helpful to begin a carrier in this field.
8. Opportunities :
The field of sculpture is a self-employment based area, in which a person can employ other people too. There is a large scope and opportunity in freelancing. Apart from freelance artist the jobs are also available in the government and private sectors.
In brief we can focus on this as follow:
- Freelance Artist-A person can choose this field as a profession and also work for joy and self-satisfactions.
- Opportunities in the field of Teaching :
- TGT. Teacher- For Central School (KVS), Navodaya Vidyalaya, DPS. and other famous school.
- PGT. Teacher (Intermediate School)-For Higher Secon-dary Schools of government and private sector.
- Teacher in Higher Education-Arts Colleges, Institutes and Universities.
- Instructor/Trainer-For other institutions.
- Modeler-For national and government Museums, Cultural Conservation Centers etc.
- Private Sector-In plastic, glass, shoes and other Industries as Modeler and Designer.
The importance of fine art in employment generation has always been considerable.