Corporate Social Responsibility Job Description
This very much depends on which area of CSR you are interested in and the type of organization you want to work for. Many direct CSR roles require specialist knowledge and business experience and therefore may not be open to those on graduate programmes or just starting out with a company. You may have to take a longer term strategy and build up your skills and experience in relevant areas first. However, there are jobs out there so here are a few tips:
- Companies recruit professionals both fresher and experienced through advertising in media or internal sources.
- Search – out the companies / foundations / trust of company owners doing CSR Works.
- Think hard about organizations you admire and research their values and culture. What is their stance on CSR? Is it embedded in their core values? Do they have opportunities for getting involved with CSR activities? Search out their websites and CSR Sections.
- Most of the CSR Jobs are done by NGOs so search out to the NGOs having linkages with big corporates.
- Some consultancies have CSR departments and take on people in this area. For environmental consultancies with a CSR interest check out these too.
- Get some CSR experience by securing an internship, work placement or by volunteering to assist an organization with their CSR project.
- Keep up to date with CSR developments. Monitor CSR websites and newspaper articles.
- Consider further study. Some consultancies for example, prefer graduates with business or NGO experience and / or a Masters level qualification in a CSR related area.
- Monitor online job listings or register with a recruitment agency that handles CSR vacancies.
- Universities offering degree in Social Work / Rural Development.
The premier institutes offering degrees / diplomas in Social work and Rural Development are as follows :
Master of Social Work ( MSW ) / MA Social Work.
|6 January, 2010||1||Date of commencement of sale of TISS 2010 application forms in Mumbai and Tuljapur|
|24 February, 2010||2||TISS 2010 Last date for issue of application forms by post|
|10 March, 2010||3||Last date for issue of TISS 2010 application forms at the counter|
|10 March, 2010||4||TISS 2010 Last date for receipt of filled in application forms by post or in person|
|20 March, 2010||5||Last date for receipt of filled in TISS 2010 application forms from Remote Areas at Tuljapur Campus|
Post Graduate Diploma in Rural Development ( PGDRD ) / MBA ( Rural Development ) :
|1||Date of commencement of sale of TISS 2010 application forms in Mumbai and Tuljapur||6 January, 2010|
|2||TISS 2010 Last date for issue of application forms by post||24 February, 2010|
|3||Last date for issue of TISS 2010 application forms at the counter||10 March, 2010|
|4||TISS 2010 Last date for receipt of filled in application forms by post or in person||10 March, 2010|
|5||Last date for receipt of filled in TISS 2010 application forms from Remote Areas at Tuljapur Campus||20 March, 2010|
|6||Pre - admission coaching for SC / ST / OBC / Minority Candidates at Tuljapur Campus||16 & 17 April, 2010|
|7||TISS 2010 Written Test||18 April 2010, Sunday (Time 11.00 A.M. to 1.00 P.M.)|
|8||Declaration of TISS 2010 Written Test Results||5 May, 2010|
|9||Group Discussion & Personal Interview at Tuljapur Campus||9, 10 & 11 June, 2010|
|10||Declaration of Final TISS 2010 Results||15 June, 2010|
|11||Last date for payment of the TISS 2010 fees (to confirm admission)||25 June, 2010|
|12||Commencement of TISS 2010 Academic Session||28 June, 2010|
|13||TISS 2010 Last date for payment of the fees for 1st waitlisted candidates||3 July, 2010|
CSR Note : Above list is indicative only.
Most of the institutes now admit candidates through entrance examination for their Master of Social Work / MSW or Post Graduate Diploma in Rural Development. CSR admission notices appear in the newspapers between February and March while CSR admission process is completed by the May – June. CSR examination usually includes written, viva – voce and or group discussion.