Aviation Sector is full of glories and promises. Telecommunication graduates may join them as Officer / Pilot / Telecom Assistants. Pilots are paid decently which may vary from 80,000 p.m. to 200,000 p.m.
Career Opportunities in Education and Administration
Highly qualified Telecom Professionals may find Career in Teaching, Career in Administration. Young and dynamic academicians may join DOEACC Society, CDAC Centres as Software Developer. In teaching one may join as Lecturer, Assistant Professor, Professor in Government and Private Technical Institutions like IITs, NITs, Technical Universities, state run Government Engineering Colleges and may get higher salaries. Telecom graduates, interested to attach them with societies, to extend their services for mother land mayalso appear for Civil Services Examinations conducted by UPSC.
Electronics & Telecommunication Jobs
Telecommunication Engineers are responsible for looking after Communication equipments, Networks and Services provided by Telecom Companies. Telecommunication equipments are made up of electronic parts, parts are manufactured by Electronics industries. Thus Telecommunication engineers must have a solid background in Electronics because Electronics is the back bone of Telecommunication Industries. Hence we can think of the relationship between “Electronics” and “Telecommunication”. For above reasons “Telecommunication” is taught with Electronics in India.
Almost Every Indian University and Institute of technical education has a Course in either “Electronics and Telecommunication” or in “Electronics and Communication” ( or ) Telecommunication” ( or ) “Electronics and Communication”.
|Skills Required to Work in Different Verticals|
|Call Centre|| Good communication & language, skills, accent understanding, team leadership, basic computing skills|
|Market Research, Integration||Understanding statistical sales & marketing concepts Data Conversion, Computing, language & analysis skills|
|Human Resource Service||Country specific HR policies, rules & regulations|
|Finance & Accounting||Financial analysis skills, international accounting rules & principles|
|Engineering & Design||Technical & engineering design & computing skills.|
|Logistics||Good background in operations research & engineering management|
|Healthcare Translation||Understanding of pharmacy & medical imaging|
|Medical localization|| Language understanding, basic computing (word processing knowledge) and transcription & understanding of various medical terminologies|
|Remote Education Animation|| Subject knowledge, computing & language skills, Drawing and creative skills, computer graphic skills|
|Network & Management Consultancy|| Understanding different network configurations and support equipment, technical/computing skills It is necessary to learn and adopt attitudes that help reduce stress. Towards this end, a broad outline of skills needed in English as a communication medium, and Computers as a professional, a tool kit is presented along with Attitudes needed for social, personal and professional success and well-being.|
|Topics||Pattern of Exercises|
|Customer Relation|| Identifying Times Stealers, Interruptions telephone, Interruptions personal, visitors & meetings. Tasks you should have delegated. How to overcome indecision, acting with incomplete information, inability to say "No".|
|Internal Communication|| Dealing with team members, Crisis management (fire fighting), Unclear communication, Inadequate technical knowledge, Unclear objectives & priorities, Lack of planning.|
|Self Control|| Management of priorities, Increasing work effectiveness & productivity, Managing a more balanced lifestyle, feeling more in control of the daily activities.|
|Stress Management|| What is pressure & what is stress, recognizing your own stressors, personality types & reactions to stress, How your beliefs & perceptions cause stress, managing yourself; Does you job cause stress? What ails causes stress, Developing strategy for stress? management, Self management, Managing change, Relaxation techniques, Assertiveness skills, Planning your next steps.|
|Telephone Etiquette|| Your valuable role to the Customer, the company, Etiquette voice, Communication Process, Challenge of Communication, Telephone Skills Practice.|
|Know Your Customer|| Show UK/US Culture slide show, Aware of Contemporary Culture, Work, Social Situations, Geography, Entertainment, Economy, its impact on customers.|
|MS Word|| Word Processor & its uses, Exploring the Word Processor, Document template & Formatting the document, Table handling, Mail merge, Setting up pages for printing.|
|MS Excel|| Introduction to Spreadsheet, Exploring the Workbook Window, Formatting Cells/Worksheet, Working with formula & Function, Working with Charts, Filtering Data & Printing Worksheet.|
|MS Power Point|| Introduction to Power Point, Exploring Power Point, Planning & creating a Presentation, Adding Transitions, Previewing & Printing Presentations.|
|Internet|| Chatting, Creating User, Search a site, Email, Downloading, Finding Junk mail. Searching (e.g. google.com), web mail (e.g. Yahoo mail), News Groups (e.g. Yahoo groups)|
|Typing||With Typing Softwares|
|Common Utilities|| Introduction to Virus & its effects, Removing Virus using Anti Virus Software, Taking backup & Checking storage devices, Concept of multimedia, Introduction to Macromedia Flash.|
|Networking|| Fundamentals of Networking, Introduction to Domains Addresses, configuring TCP/IP parameters Methods of Internet access, Introduction Client server.|
|Modem|| Modulation, Kinds of modulation, Connecting the modem, Internal and External Modems.|
|Hardware Peripherals|| Input-Keyboard, Mouse, Scanner, Light Pen. Output - VDU, Printers, Plotter. I/O - Hard Drive, Floppy Drive, CD RW, DVD Drive, Zip Drive.|
|OS|| Kinds of OS, Features, Types, Multi Tasking, Single User.|
|Communicative English Language|
|Listening Skill|| Quiz, T.V. serials, Film (US/UK), Conversation CD, Reciting play and poems, News, Different style of speech (CD), Interaction with Guest speakers.|
|Vocabulary|| Memory games, Lengthening the word, Building a new word with addition or subtraction of a letter, Multiple type of vocabulary.|
|Grammar Exercises Writing Skill Instant Speech|| Tense, Verbs, Preposition, Article, Reported speech, Inter change of parts of speech. Draft Business/social letters, Resume, Note taking. Mock interview to a mock famous person, Extempore, Continuous and spontaneous speech.|
|Phonetics & Voice Training|| Vowel and consonant sound, Accent CD, Recitation of sentences, Emphasis on words, Tone Modulation, Cassettes.|
|Provide a Thought Practical Skill|| Giving Imaginary situation, Expansion of Ideas Develop Common Sense, Personality Development.|
|Asking Question & Art of Conversation Official|| WH, Tail, Polite phrases, Short speeches. Making appointment, Commercial terms, Tele marketing, Corporate Communication.|
1. Certificate Courses are available in Industrial Training Institutes ( ITIs ) in following Trades :
- Mobile Repairing
- Wireman etc.,
2. Diploma Courses are available in Polytechnic Colleges across the country in following Trades :
- Electronics and Communication ( ECE )
- Computer Science ( CSE )
- Electrical & Electronics Engineering( EEE )
- Electrical Engineering ( EE )
3. Degree Courses are available in Engineering Colleges across the country B.E. / B.Tech. are in following Branches :
- Electronics and Telecommunication ( E&T )
- Electronics and Communication ( ECE )
- Computer Science ( CSE )
- Electrical & Electronics Engineering ( EEE )
- Electrical Engineering ( EE )
- Applied Electronics and Instrumentation ( AEI )
4. Some Universities teach B.Sc. in various disciplines as below :
- B.Sc. Electronics
- B.Sc. Engineering ( Electronics & Communication )
- B.Sc. ( Computer Science )
- B.Sc.( Information Technology ( IT ) etc.
Professional Organizations for Engineers :
Professional Organizations such as :
- Institution of Engineers India ( IEI Kolkata )
- Institute of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers ( IETE )
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers ( IEEE )
It provide associate membership / Fellowship which are recognized by Government. Candidates already in Job/Profession and service take membership, which is open to all Indian nationals. Aspiring candidates may choose Courses from among the list of Courses of concerned professional Organization.
Advanced Diploma and Training Programs
Fresh certificate, diploma, degree, Post graduation degree holders should give stress to take hand on experience from reputed organizations / Institutes to have better prospects.
Candidates may join training institutes, reputed Government and private organizations to get practical exposure :
- Apprentice ship from Government organizations ( BEL, BSNL, BHEL, DMRC etc ).
- Advanced / Diploma and certificate Courses ( like CCNA, MCSC, etc ) from private training institutes.
Career Opportunities for Non-Engineers
Since there no shortage of Job in Telecommunication field. Any one with proficiency may join at any time. Candidates from Arts, Commerce and Social Science background may also join after successful completion of certificate, Diploma, Advanced Diploma, Post Graduate Diploma in Computer Application and in Information Technology with some experience. Any of above graduates may do CCA, DCA, PGDCA, DIT etc Courses to enter into this field.
Further Studies : Candidates desirous of for further studies may go for M.Tech / M.S ( Master of Science ) from reputed technical institutes.
Salary and Remunerations
- Salary and Remuneration of a telecom professional depends upon their qualification and experience.
- A fresh technician may get from 6000 p.m. to 30,000 p.m.
- Degree holders may get 25000 p.m. to 70,000 p.m. in the beginning.
- M.E / M.Tech. Degree holders get 60,000 p.m. to 70,000 p.m. in industries and 30,000 to 35,000 p.m. in teaching as startup.
- Ph.D. Degree holders and Fellows of IIT get 50,000 p.m. to 200,000 per month in teaching as Lecturer, Assistant Professor and Professor. In Government Engineers / Scientists get pay scale of Officers.
Tentative list of Institutes ( with address and website ) offering Courses in Telecommunications :
- All IITs, NIT, Government, Private engineering colleges website of IITs are www.iitd.ac.in, www.iitk.ac.in, www.iitkgp.ac.in, www.ism.edu.
- Website of NITTTR sector 26, Chandigarh is www.nitttrchd.ac.in.
- Website of Delhi Technological University Bawana Road, Delhi is www.du.ac.in / www.dce.ac.in / www.nsit.ac.in ( NSIT Dwarka New Delhi ) / www.ait.delhigovt.nic.in.
- Website of MOU Rohtak Haryana is www.mdurohtak.com.
- Jamia Millia lslamia Jamia Nagar New Delhi.
- Rajiv Gandhi Prodyogiki Vishwavidyalaya M.P.
- Aligarh Muslim University Aligarh.
- Biju Patnayak University of Technology BPUT Rourkela Orissa.
- JNTU Hyderabad A.P.
Job seekers may see following sites :
- Website of National Power Training Institute ( sector 33 faridabad ) is www.npti.nic.in.
IIT Kharagpur invites application for admission to Ph.D. and fellowship. Before taking IIT Kharagpur admission, they must check the affiliation and recognition of the institute. They may see websites of Ministry of HRD, UGC, AICTE www.aicte.ernet.in.