CSIR UGC NET 2017 Entrance Exam
Council of Scientific and Industrial Research ( CSIR ) invites admission Application for Junior Research Fellowship and Eligibility for Lectureship programs for the academic session 2017 – 2018.
To know more about CSIR UGC NET 2017 Entrance Exam Click Here
CSIR UGC NET 2017 Eligibility
Educational Qualification :
M. Sc or equivalent degree / Integrated BS – MS / BS – 4 years / BE / BTech / BPharma / MBBS with at least 55% marks for general and OBC – Non Creamy layer candidates ( Central list only as provided in National Commission for Backward Classes website www.ncbc.nic.in ) and 50% for SC / ST, Persons with disability ( PwD ) candidates.
Candidates enrolled for M.Sc or having completed 10+2+3 years of the above qualifying examination as on 1st March, 2016, are also eligible to apply in the above subject under the Result Awaited ( RA ) category on the condition that they complete the qualifying degree with requisite percentage of marks within the validity period of two years to avail the fellowship from the effective date of award.
Such candidates will have to submit the attestation format ( Given at the reverse of the application form ) duly certified by the Head of the Department / Institute from where the candidate is appearing or has appeared.
BSc ( Hons ) or equivalent degree holders or students enrolled in Integrated MS – PhD program with at least 55% marks for general and OBC ( Non Creamy layer ) candidates; 50% marks for SC / ST, Persons with disability ( PwD ) candidates are also eligible to apply. Candidates with bachelor’s degree will be eligible for CSIR fellowship only after getting registered / enrolled for PhD / Integrated PhD program within the validity period of two years.
The eligibility for lectureship of NET qualified candidates will be subject to fulfilling the criteria laid down by UGC. PhD degree holders who have passed Master’s degree prior to 19th September, 1991, with at least 50% marks are eligible to apply for Lectureship only.
The candidates with the above qualification are advised to fill up their degree with percentage of marks in column No. 18 to 21, as applicable.
Age Limit & Relaxation :
For JRF ( NET ) : Maximum 28 years as on 1st January, 2017 ( upper age limit may be relaxed up to 5 years in case of candidates belonging to SC / ST / OBC ( non creamy layer ) / Persons with disability ( PwD ) and female applicants ) .
For LS ( NET ) : No upper age limit
To know more about CSIR UGC NET 2017 Eligibility Click Here
CSIR UGC NET 2017 Exam Pattern
Subjects of the Test :
The Test will be held in the subjects as given under :
- Chemical Sciences
- Earth, Atmospheric, Ocean and Planetary Sciences
- Life Sciences
- Mathematical Sciences
- Physical Sciences
The single paper MCQ based test will be held tentatively on Sunday, the 18th June, 2017 as under :
|2||Earth, Atmospheric, Ocean and Planetary Sciences|
|Morning Session||9.00AM - 12.00 Noon||3 hrs|
|Afternoon Session||2.00 PM - 5.00 PM|
Subject wise schedule of examination will be notified later on. The subject – wise Schedule, date and timing of the Test is liable to be changed at the discretion of CSIR. To enable the candidates to go through the instructions printed on the OMR Answer Sheets and also to correctly fill up the required particulars in the said OMR Answer Sheet, the same will be distributed 15 minutes before the schedule time of start of the examination. The question paper booklet shall be distributed 5 minutes before the scheduled time of the exam & candidates are permitted to take duplicate copy of their OMR Answer Sheet while leaving the exam venue. The actual number of questions in each part and section to be asked & attempted may vary from subject to subject.
The candidates will not be permitted to leave the examination hall before the expiry of 3 hrs. from the start of the exam ( i.e not before 12.00 noon in the morning session / 5.00 PM in the afternoon session ) . These candidates are permitted to take their Question Booklet with them at the end of the scheduled time of exam.
Candidates should use only black ball point pen and not pencil to fill in their particulars in the OMR Answer Sheet / Question Paper Booklet and also to darken the appropriate circle to mark their answers in their OMR answer sheet. Candidates are not permitted to erase, scratch out or use whitener fluid / eraser fluid to change their answers in the OMR sheet otherwise that particular answer will not be evaluated.
The Question Booklet for this test will be printed in Hindi & English Version. The candidates opting for Hindi medium in the Application Form, will be given bilingual Question Booklet and Candidates opting or English medium will be given Question Booklet printed in English Version only. The candidate will be required to answer as per option exercised in the application Form.
To know more about CSIR UGC NET 2017 Exam Pattern Click Here
CSIR UGC NET 2017 Online Application Form
How to apply :
CSIR UGC NET 2017 Online Application Form Available Website : www.csirhrdg.res.in
Examination Fee :
Candidates applying for the Test may deposit their Examination fee, after verifying their eligibility, in any branch of the Indian Bank throughout the country by paying the following fee in cash through bank challan OR through
RTGS / NEFT
|1||General||1000 / -|
|2||Other Backward Classes ( OBC ) - Non Creamy Layer||500 / -|
|3||SC / ST / Persons with disability ( PwD )||250 / -|
Candidates may also deposit their fees through RTGS or NEFT by giving particulars of the Indian Bank, as notified in the fee deposit challan.OBC candidates whose caste is not listed in Central List ( as available on National Commission for Backward Classes website www.ncbc.nic.in ) and who are not covered under the provisions as applicable to OBC – Non Creamy Layer ( NCL ) candidates, shall be treated as General Category candidates for all purposes. Accordingly, OBC Candidates not belonging to OBC Non Creamy Layer shall indicate their category as ‘General’
Apply through Online Application :
- Interested & eligible candidates may apply Online through a link available at CSIR, HRDG website: www.csirhrdg.res.in. In order to apply Online the candidates are required to download Bank challan Performa from the above website and then deposit the requisite examination fee in any of the Indian Bank branches throughout the country.
- Before applying Online, candidates are advised to go through detailed notification available at CSIR, HRDG website. Candidates must write their name, father / mother’s name as written in their Matriculation ( Xth Class Board ) Certificate and should ensure that the same are matching with their educational qualification certificates and caste certificate except for married females who may submit relevant certificate regarding change of their name while filling their online application form.
- After filling the online application, candidates should preview their entire application form and make changes if required before final submission of online application. No change in the particulars entered in the application form will be possible after final submission of online application and no correspondence in this regard will be entertained.
- After successful submission of ONLINE Application, a Form Number will be generated. Preserve the Form Number for future reference and for downloading your e – Admit Card. Keep a print out of the duly filled – in application form for future use.
- Note : Candidates, after successfully submitting application online are required to take print out of the Application Form, paste his / her recent black & white photograph, put his / her signature at the required space, attach caste certificate, if applicable and send along with CSIR marked copy of fee deposited Bank Challan in an envelope super scribed with Subject Code, Centre Code & Medium Code to The Deputy Secretary ( Exam ) , Human Resource Development Group, Examination Unit, CSIR Complex, Library Avenue, Pusa, New Delhi – 110012 so as to reach on or before 14th March, 2017 ( 21st March, 2017 for remote areas ) .
- Online applications without hard copy or bank challan receipt or incomplete in any respect will be summarily rejected. Candidates should note that successful submission of online application does not mean that they have been registered for this test. To ensure their candidature, candidates should check their registration status on website ( csirhrdg.res.in ) tentatively between 16th May, 2017 to 23rd May, 2017 and afterwards their request shall not be considered.
To know more about CSIR UGC NET 2017 Application Form Click Here
CSIR UGC NET 2017 Application Submission
The Last Date for Submission of Application Form :
The hard copy of the online application form, duly completed with requisite enclosure should be sent by Ordinary post to the Deputy Secretary ( Exam ) , Examination Unit, Human Resource Development Group, CSIR Complex, Opposite Institute of Hotel Management, Library Avenue, Pusa, New Delhi 110012 so as to reach Examination Unit CSIR on or before 14th March, 2017.
For candidates applying from Assam, Arunachal Pradesh, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Manipur, Nagaland, Tripura, Sikkim, Ladakh Division of J&K State, Lahaul and Spiti district of Himachal Pradesh, Andaman and Nicobar Islands and Lakshdweep, the application form must reach to the Deputy Secretary, Examination Unit, CSIR on or before 21st March, 2017.
CSIR UGC NET 2017 Important points
- While applying for this test, please ensure that you fulfill all the eligibility conditions and follow all the laid down procedures / guidelines for this test.
- While applying Online, apply early enough to avoid any last minute rush.
- Ensure that completed Hard Copy of Online application along with requisite enclosures must reach this office within stipulated last date for receipt.
- List of candidates registered for this test will be made available on our website tentatively on 16th May, 2017. The candidates must refer to our website for checking their registration in time & for having updates from time to time.
- Facility for downloading e – Admission Certificates to the registered candidates will be provided on our website www.csirhrdg.res.in. No paper Admission Certificate will be sent by post. No duplicate e – admission certificate shall be issued to the candidates at the Exam Centre. CSIR will not be responsible for any delay on the part of the candidates.
- The Question Booklet for this test will be printed in Hindi & English Version. The candidate opting for Hindi medium in the Application Form, will be supplied bilingual Question Booklet and Candidate opting for English medium will be supplied Question Booklet printed in English Version only. The candidate will be required to answer as per option exercised in the application Form.
- The actual number of questions in each Part and Section to be asked and attempted may vary from subject to subject.
- Candidates enrolled for M.Sc or having completed 10+2+3 years of the required qualifying Exam may apply under Result Awaited ( RA ) category & submit attestation format as given in the application form.
- More than one application form from a candidate opting different subject ( s ) will not be accepted in any case.
- Candidate should exercise due care in filling up the application form. In case of any error on the part of the candidate, he / she will be held solely responsible for any loss suffered by him / her. No change in the entries made in the original application form will be allowed under any circumstances at later stage.
- No relevant column of the application form should be left blank. Incomplete or defective applications shall be summarily rejected.
- No candidates shall be permitted to leave the Exam Hall before the expiry of 3 Hours from the start of the exam.
- The candidates will be permitted to take their Question Booklet and also the carbonless duplicate copy of OMR sheet with them after the completion of the examination for their reference / record.
- The OMR Answer Sheets shall be distributed to the candidates 15 minutes before the scheduled start of the exam while the Question Booklet shall be distributed 5 minutes before the scheduled start of the exam to enable the candidates to go through the instructions and correctly fill up the required particulars.
- No individual intimation by any mode will be sent to the candidates.
- Hard copy of the online Application alongwith the enclosure ( s ) should be sent in their own envelope after super scribing the Subject Code, Centre Code, Medium Code & online generated application No. on top of the envelope.
- OBC candidates whose caste is not listed in Central List ( as available on NCBC website ) and are not covered under the provisions as applicable to OBC Non Creamy Layer ( NCL ) shall be treated as a General Category candidates for all purposes and shall not be eligible to get the benefit of relaxation in age & fee concession etc.
- Accordingly, OBC Candidates not belonging to OBC Non Creamy Layer shall indicate their category.
To know more about CSIR UGC NET 2017 Application Submission Click Here
To know more about CSIR UGC NET 2017 Application Form Bank Branches Click Here
CSIR UGC NET 2017 Exam Centres
The test will be held at 27 Centres spread all over India, as specified below :
A candidate may opt for any of the above centres. No request for change of centre would ordinarily be granted. However, a request in writing for change of Centre may be entertained on merits, if received in this unit latest by 20th April, 2017. If sufficient number of candidates do not opt for any of the above Centres, that particular Centre may stand deleted from the above list OR otherwise also, the concerned candidates may be allotted another Centre nearest to their place of residence, at the discretion of CSIR. No TA / DA will be admissible to any candidate for attending the test, in any circumstances.
CSIR UGC NET 2017 Syllabus
Syllabus of the Test :
The question paper shall be divided into three parts, ( A, B & C ) as per syllabus & Scheme of Exam.
Part A : shall be common to all subjects. This part shall contain questions pertaining to General Aptitude with emphasis on logical reasoning, graphical analysis, analytical and numerical ability, quantitative comparison, series formation, puzzles etc.
Part B : shall contain subject – related conventional Multiple Choice questions ( MCQs ) , generally covering the topics given in the syllabus.
Part C : shall contain higher value questions that may test the candidate’s knowledge of scientific concepts and / or application of the scientific concepts. The questions shall be of analytical nature where a candidate is expected to apply the scientific knowledge to arrive at the solution to the given scientific problem.
Syllabus & Scheme of Exam of single MCQ Paper may be seen at CSIR HRDG website: www.csirhrdg.res.in.
Note : The Exam Scheme for Chemical Sciences has been revised from June, 2017 CSIR – UGC ( NET ) Exam onwards. The revised exam scheme and model Question paper may be seen at CSIR HRDG website www.csirhrdg.res.in
CSIR UGC NET 2017 Exam for Science stream is conducted by Syllabus :
- Chemical Syllabus Click Here
- Earth Syllabus Click Here
- Life Syllabus Click Here
- Mathematics Syllabus Click Here
- Physics Syllabus Click Here
To know more about CSIR UGC NET 2017 Syllabus Click Here
CSIR UGC NET 2017 Results
CSIR UGC NET 2017 Result Date :
CSIR UGC NET Result is likely to be declared in the month of July, 2017
Please keep watching this page, to check your CSIR UGC NET June, 2017 Results…
To know more about CSIR UGC NET 2017 Results Click Here
CSIR UGC NET 2017 Important Dates
|Schedule for On - Line Application|
|1||Start of On - Line Submission of Application Form and Fee deposit through Bank Challan||8th February, 2017|
|2||Date of close of deposit of fee ( at All stations )||7th March, 2017|
|3||Date of close of On - Line submission of Applications ( at All stations )||8th March, 2017|
|4||Last date of receipt of duly completed hard copy of online application in the Examination Unit||14th March, 2017|
|5||Last date of receipt of duly completed hard copy of online application in the Examination Unit ( from remote areas )||21st March, 2017|
|6||Last Date for receipt of written request for change of Examination Centre only on merit basis||20th April, 2017|
|7||Tentative date of Publication of list of candidates registered for test on CSIR, HRDG website||16th May, 2017|
|8||Last date for accepting of representation about non - registration for this test||23rd May, 2017|
|9||Issue of e - Admission Certificate to registered candidates||1st week of June 2017|
|10||Date of Single MCQ Examination||Tentatively on 18th June, 2017|
Council of Scientific and Industrial Research,
Human Resource Development Group,
Examination Unit, CSIR Complex,
Library Avenue, Pusa,
New Delhi – 110 012, India,
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org,
Fax : + 91 – 011 – 2584 0887,
EPABX Lines : + 91 – 011 – 25841582, 25841492, 25842493, 25841701, 25842729.
Website : www.csirhrdg.res.in
|Application Form : http://18.104.22.168:8080/jrf/online/index.jsp|