University of Hyderabad Distance Education Courses
Centre for Distance and Virtual Learning invites applications from eligible candidates for admission to the Post Graduate Diploma Programs of One Year duration offered through Distance Education Mode for the year 2015.
List of UoH Distance Education Diploma Programmes & Eligibility :
|Sale of VSAT 2016 Application Forms||16th November, 2015 onwards|
|Last date for receipt of filled in VSAT 2016 BTech Applications||10th April, 2016|
|VSAT 2016 Online Test Dates||23rd April, 2016 to 27th April, 2016|
|VSAT 2016 Online Test Timings||Slot 1 : 9.00 A.M. to 12.00 NOON.
Slot 2 : 2.00 P.M. to 05.00 P.M.
|Announcement of VSAT 2016 Result||10th May, 2016|
|Counseling of merit listed candidates for VSAT 2016 BTech Admission||20th May, 2016 to 30th May, 2016|
UoH Distance Education Admission 2015 Eligibility
- UoH Distance Education admissions to the Distance Education PG Diploma programs are open to all those who fulfill prescribed qualifications without any discrimination of race, caste, creed, language, age or sex.
- University of Hyderabad Distance Education Admissions are made strictly on the basis of merit.
- However entrance examination will be conducted for the Management Diploma course ( PGDBM ).
- The marks obtained by the applicants in their graduate examination ( BA / BSc / BCom / B.Lib.Sc / BE / BTech / MA / MSc / MCom / MBA etc. ) is the basis on which the merit list for admission is prepared for all courses.
- Therefore only students who have completed their courses / degree or at least have taken their final examinations ( awaiting results ) are eligible to apply for UoH admission into these post graduate diploma programs.
- However, additional academic qualifications and professional experience are taken into consideration for all admissions ( For courses to be offered in 2015. only students who are graduated on or before 31st December, 2014 or have taken the final examination in September, 2014 / October, 2014 and are waiting for results are eligible to apply ).
- The target groups for these programs are either in – service personnel looking to improve their skills and knowledge or fresh graduates wishing to acquire qualification and improve their employability.
- Students pursuing other full time or part time courses in this university or other universities / institutions may also seek admission to these programs provided they fulfill the eligibility criteria.
- The University reserves the right to decide to conduct the course and also the exact number of students to be admitted in each programme, depending on the demand for the
course and its course delivery capacity.
- The eligibility of students passing their qualifying examinations from Universities following the letter grading system / cumulative grade point average ( CGPA ) will be determined on the basis of percentage equivalent to the letter grade / CGPA obtained by the students as per the conversion formula adopted by the university concerned.
- In the absence of any such formula, the decision of this university will be final in determining the percentage equivalence.
- The selection for admission to a programme is made on the basis of merit, academic record, professional experience, and service rendered in the areas that are directly related to the subjects.
UoH Distance Education Admission 2015 Selection Process
- The candidates selected for admission will be intimated by mail / post individually under certificate of posting and also through the email ( addresses if provided to the CDVL office ).
- The list of selected candidates will also be displayed on the notice board at the Centre for Distance and Virtual Learning.
- Foreign Student : Foreign students residing in India or abroad are eligible to apply for admission in the prescribed form within the stipulated date.
- Those who have passed the qualifying examination from universities outside India should enclose relevant certificates ( marks sheets with the English version ) ( if they are in a different language ), duly attested for admission to any program, the foreign students must have passed the qualifying examination and proficiency in English is a pre – condition for admission.
UoH Distance Education Admission 2015 Application Form
- UoH Distance Education admission application form can be downloaded from University of Hyderabad Distance Education website : www.UoHyd.ernet.in.
- Send completed UoH Distance Education Admission 2015 Applications along with a DD for 500/- drawn on any nationalized bank in favour of “Finance Officer, University of Hyderabad”.
- Duly filled UoH Distance Education admission application post by send to the following address :
Centre for Distance and Virtual Learning,
University of Hyderabad,
Golden Threshold Building, Abids,
Nampally Station Road,
Hyderabad – 500 001.
- Last date for submission of filled in UoH Distance Education application is : 31st January, 2015.
University of Hyderabad programs are offered through distance mode, i.e., correspondence cum contact program. Most of the students are working employees from various state and central government offices, few are IAS and IPS Officers, lawyers, magistrates; some are executives from multi national companies, corporate sectors, NGOs and also housewives.
These distance programs are also approved by the UGC – AICTE – DEC joint committee. In order to maintain the standards in the quality of teaching in distance education courses, the regular faculty from the university have put their best efforts in designing the courses, framing the syllabus, development of study material and conducting the contact classes. The regular faculty are also involved in the examination and evaluation process. Though there is lot of demand all over the country for these courses, the university has not permitted to any study centres has the quality of teaching at the study centres will differ from the main campus.
The students of these programs have to attend 6 to 10 days for the contact classes once a year except for some management courses, twice in a year. The centre for distance and virtual learning is also jointly offering post graduate diploma programs with NIRD ( National Institute of Rural Development ), NAARM ( National Academy of Agricultural Research Management ), BSNL ( Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited ), Truth Labs and GVK Biosciences, Hyderabad for the benefit of the students in quality of learning and practical training.
University of Hyderabad Diploma Distance Education Courses
University of Hyderabad Eligibility Criteria
University of Hyderabad admissions to the distance education diploma programs are open to all those who fulfill prescribed qualifications without any discrimination of race, caste, creed, language, age or sex.
University of Hyderabad Distance Education Courses admissions are made strictly on the basis of merit.
However Distance Education entrance examination will be conducted for the Management Diploma courses viz, PGDPM / PGDBM.
The marks obtained by the applicants in their Graduate Examination :
Its basis on which the merit list for admission is prepared for all distance education courses.
Therefore only students who have completed their distance education courses / degree or at least have taken their final examinations ( awaiting results ) are eligible to apply for admission into these Post – Graduate Diploma Programs.
However, additional academic qualifications and professional experience are taken into consideration for all admissions.
Reservation exists in respect of candidates belonging to SC / ST / PH categories.
University of Hyderabad Distance Education Selection Procedure
The candidates selected for admission will be intimated by mail / post individually under certificate of posting and also through the email ( addresses if provided to the CDVL office )
The list of selected candidates will also be displayed on the notice board at the centre for distance and virtual learning
Reservations for SC / ST / OBC students will be in accordance with the policy of the govt of India and the guidelines of the UGC. Students applying for such programs should submit, along with their application, a copy of their caste / tribe certificate from a revenue officer not below the rank of Tahasildar / Mandal Revenue Officer.
3% of Distance Education Course admissions for each course are reserved for physically challenged students with the minimum degree of disability to the extent of forty percent, provided that their physical disability does not hamper pursuit of the course.
Each physically handicapped student shall be required to submit a certificate from a civil surgeon indicating the extent of visual / physical disability and also the extent to which the disability hampers the student in pursuing his / her studies.
The students may have to undergo a fresh medical examination, if decided by the University, before being admitted.
Concurrent admission : Those pursuing post graduate degree courses in the university, institutes / colleges can seek admission to these programs. Students who are admitted to these programs can also pursue full time or part time courses
Prospectus Cum University of Hyderabad application can be obtained from the office of the Centre for Distance and virtual learning, Golden Threshold, Nampally, Hyderabad on payment of 350/- cash ( including Registration fee ) Further, application can also be downloaded from the Hyderabad University website : www.uohyd.ernet.in and the filled in application along with a DD for 300/- drawn on any Nationalized Bank in favour of Finance Officer University of Hyderabad, must be sent to the Assistant Registrar, CDVL Golden Threshold, Abids, Nampally Station Road, Hyderabad – 500001.
- University of Hyderabad application Last Date : 31st January, 2015.
For further details contact Phone No. : 24600264, 9912779338.