University of Madras Distance Education Courses 2015
Madras University Distance Education Courses 2015
Institute of Distance Education,
Chepauk, Chennai – 600005,
Website : www.unom.ac.in or www.ideunom.ac.in.
University of Madras invites applications for admission to the following courses for the academic year 2015 and 2016.
- MBA General,
- MBA Integrated,
- MBA Executive,
- M.Sc. ( I.T. )
|S.No.||Courses||Duration||Medium of Instruction|
|Apparel Management||2 Years||English Medium|
|Education Management||2 Years||English Medium|
|Export Import Management||2 Years||English Medium|
|Financial Management||2 Years||English Medium|
|Hospital Management||2 Years||English Medium|
|Human Resource Management||2 Years||English Medium|
|Information Security Management||2 Years||English Medium|
|International Business Management||2 Years||English Medium|
|Logistics and Supply Chain Management||2 Years||English Medium|
|Marketing Management||2 Years||English Medium|
|Operations Magagement||2 Years||English Medium|
|Shipping and Port Management||2 Years||English Medium|
|Systems Management||2 Years||English Medium|
|Travels and Tourism Management||2 Years||English Medium|
|B.||MBA Integrated||5 Years||English Medium|
|C.||MBA Executive||1 Year Theory|
1 Year Project
|D.||MCA - Master of Computer Applications||3 Years||English Medium|
|E.||MSC ( IT ) - Master of Science in Information Technology||2 Years||English Medium|
Madras University Admission Eligibility Criteria :
M.B.A. – General : ( 2 years – Semester with Credits )
Eligibility : Candidates for admission to the first year of the Master of Business Administration Degree Course in the Institute of Distance Education shall be required to have any one of the following qualifications under 10+2+3 pattern of education :
- A pass in any branch of study of a Bachelor Degree / Master Degree of the University of Madras or any other University recognised by the UGC / AIU or a qualification accepted by this University as equivalent thereto
- A Professional Degree in Engineering / Technology / Medicine / Architecture / Law.
- Professional qualification in Accountancy / Cost & Works Accountancy / Company Secretaryship.
MBA – Integrated : ( 5 Years – Semester with Credits )
Eligibility : Candidates for admission to the first year of the Master of Business Administration Degree Course in the Institute of Distance Education shall be required to have any one of the following qualifications under 10+2 pattern of education.
- The Pre – University Examination conducted previously by the University of Madras or any other University accepted as equivalent thereof by the authorities, University of Madras.
- The Higher Secondary Exam ( Academic or Vocational Stream ) conducted by the Government of Tamil Nadu ( or ); other states ( or ); Union Territories ( or ); an examination accepted as equivalent thereof by the authorities, University of Madras.
- There should be a minimum gap of two clear years between the date of appearance in the exam in which the candidate has passed the SSLC ( X standard ) and Higher Secondary Exam (+2) or any other equivalent examination.
- Those who have passed the ( 10+2 ) Plus Two examinations of the National Open School, New Delhi.
- Pre – Technical Examination previously conducted after 11 years of study by the State Board of Technical Education and Training, Chennai.
- Intermediate Examination ( 2 years ) of Andhra Pradesh, Pre – Degree Examination ( 2 Years ) of Kerala and Pre-University Examination (2 Years) of Karnataka under the 10+2 pattern.
- Candidates who have successfully completed 12 or 13 years of education in any State in India or Abroad under 11+1 or 10+2 or 11+2 pattern, subject to approval by the authorities of this University.
- Candidates who have successfully passed the Three Year Diploma Examinations conducted by the State Board of Technical Education and Training, Chennai after passing 10th Standard Examination.
- Candidates who have passed the GCE ( Advanced Level / Principal Level ) with not less than 3 subjects in the ‘A’ Level with ENGLISH in the ‘O’ Level / SUBSIDIARY Level.
MBA – Executive : ( 2 years – Semester with Credits )
Eligibility : A graduate in any discipline of recognized University /deemed university under 10+2+3 pattern of education with a minimum of 3 years of work experience in managerial / supervisory / executive cadre in business / industry in private or public sector or in government / semi government / quasi government institutions.
MCA : Master of Computer application ( 3 Years – Semester with Credits )
Eligibility : Candidate who has passed the under-mentioned degree examinations of this University or an exam of other institution recognized by this University as equivalent thereto provided they have undergone the course under 10+2+3 or 11+1+3 or 11+2+2 pattern shall be eligible for admission to the MCA degree course.
- BCA / BES / B.Sc in Computer Science / Mathematics / Physics / Statistics / Applied Sciences or;
- B.Com / Bachelor of Bank Management / BBA / BLM / BA Corporate Secretaryship / B.A. Economics / any other Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline with Business Mathematics and Statistics or Mathematics / Statistics in Main / Allied level or;
- B.Sc. Chemistry with Mathematics and Physics as allied subject or;
- B.E/B.Tech/MBA or;
- A Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline with Mathematics as one of the subject at the Higher Secondary level ( i.e. in +2 level of the 10+2 pattern )
Provision for Lateral Admission
Candidates with PGDCS of this University or any other University as equivalent thereto, provided he / she satisfies the eligibility condition as above, shall be admitted to the Second Year of the MCA degree course.
M.Sc. (I.T.) : Master of Information Technology ( 2 Years Semester with Credits )
Eligibility : A Candidate who has passed any Bachelor’s degree of not less than three years duration under 10+2+3 pattern having studied Mathematics or Statistics or Business Mathematics or Business Statistics or Mathematical Physics as Main or Allied subject from University of Madras or from any other University accepted as equivalent thereto.
Note : Students can seek admission only at Single Window Admission Centre / Spot Admission Centres / Study Centres / Participatory Programme Centres / Twinning Programme Centre listed in the prospectus / University Website. Students are advised not to have any dealing with any other unauthorised Institutions/ Agencies pertaining to admission to any of the courses offered by this Institute. They are also cautioned that admission secured from unauthorised centres / agencies will not be entertained and University will not be held resonsible for the same.
University of Madras Distance Education Application Form
The Applicant has to detach the following from the prospectus and fill them as per the instructions :
1.Application form; 2.Computer Coding Sheet and; 3.Address Slip
Before filling in the application read the Prospectus carefully; preserve the prospectus till the completion of the course as it contains all the information relating the course including formats of the exam application and fee payment challan.
The application form must be accompanied by all the original certificates as mentioned in the prospectus and the registration fee of 1000/- for MBA ( Executive ) or 400/- for all other courses.
Candidate seeking admission in the Study Centres / Participatory Program Centres and other Centres to submit the original certificate in the concerned centre where they seek for admission.
The applicant has to state clearly the degree course and subject which he/she wants to enep.
The following original certificates/documents with one set of photocopies attested by competent authority should be sent along with the application form for admission to professional degree courses.
Failure to submit any one or more of the above certificates / documents may entail rejection of their applications.
Photographs to be affixed :
- One on the application form [ attested by a Gazetted officer / Faculty/Deputy /Assistant Registrar of the University of Madras with seal ].
- One on the Address Slip
- One on the reverse side of the coding sheet.
The application form duly filled-in and signed by the candidate along with all the original certificates mentioned above for admission to professional courses, together with registration fee of 1000/- for MBA Executive or 400/- for all other courses by means of challan paid through the designated Banks or by means of Demand Draft in favour of “The Director, IDE, University of Madras, Chennai- 600005” be submitted to the concern Coordinators in case of candidates seeking admission through spot admission centres / study centres / participating institutions and Twinning Program Centres.
Students seeking admission through single window admission centres at the institute of distance education at Chepauk should submit the application through the counters. The Registration Fee paid will not be refunded under any circumstances.
Candidates pursuing any other course of study at this Institute are eligible for admission to one additional course at the Certificate / Diploma Level offered by this Institute.
University of Madras Online fee payment system :
Students can also remit their registration fee and tuition fee through online payment Gateway System provided in the website: www.ideunom.ac.in.
Cost of Application Form and Prospectus :
In Person : 100/- by cash at the Institute / Study Centres / Spot Admission Centres / Participatory Institutions.
By Post : 150/- by Demand Draft drawn in favour of The Director, IDE., University of Madras, payable at Chennai.
Through website : www.unom.ac.in or www.ideunom.ac.in.
The Cost of Application Form of 100/- should be paid along with registration fee of 1000/- for MBA (Executive) or 400/- for all other courses, if downloaded through website www.unom.ac.in or www.ideunom.ac.in.
University of Madras Admission Centres :
With a view to simplify the admission procedure, for the distance education students, University of Madras has opened a Single Window Admission Centre located at the IDE building at Chepauk Campus, Chennai.
Located in a spacious hall, the Single Window Admission Centre ensures admission across the counters. Students seeking admission at IDE Campus of the University at Chennai can make use of this Centre.
Application and prospectus are also available in the Study Centres and Participatory Program Centres of the IDE, University of Madras.
Details of the centres are available at www.unom.ac.in, www.ideunom.ac.in.
For details of Study Centres, Participatory Institutions and PCP Schedule refer to website : www.ideunon.ac.in
Important Dates for University of Madras Distance Education Courses
Last date for receipt of filled-in application form for the academic year 2015-2016 : 31st October, 2015.
Last date for receipt of filled-in application form for the calendar year 2016 : 31st March, 2016
University of Madras Distance Education Courses
Distance Education Related : Madras University Distance Education Professional Courses 2015, University of Madras Correspondence Education 2015, University of Madras Distance Education Courses Details 2015, University of Madras Distance Education Courses 2015, University of Madras Distance Education PG Courses Admission 2015, University of Madras Distance Education Courses Offered 2015, Madras University Distance Education Eligibility 2015, University of Madras Correspondence Courses Offered 2015, Madras University 2015 Distance Education Courses Eligibility 2015, Professional Courses Madras University Distance Education 2015, University of Madras 2015 Distance Education Certificate Courses, University of Madras 2015 Distance Learning Courses, University of Madras 2015 Distance Education Courses in Diploma, Madras University 2015 Distance Education Application Form, Distance Education in Madras University Course Offered 2015, Distance Education in University of Madras, Distance Education in Madras University MBA Courses 2015, Distance Education Madras University UG Courses 2015, PG Courses Offered Madras University 2015 Distance Education, University of Madras 2015 Distance Education Professional Courses 2015, University of Madras PG Courses Distance Education 2015, University of Madras Distance 2015 Education Courses Fees, MBA Distance Learning University of Madras 2015,
Posted In distance education : Leave a response for university of madras distance education courses 2015 by vennila