Education Loan in State Bank of India ( SBI )
Education Loan in State Bank of India ( SBI )
State Bank of India Education Loan
A term loan granted to Indian Nationals for pursuing higher education in India or abroad where admission has been secured.
Eligible Courses : All courses having employment prospects are eligible.
- Graduation courses / Post graduation courses / Professional courses.
- Other courses approved by UGC / Government / AICTE etc.
Expenses considered for SBI Education loans :
- Fees payable to college / school / hostel.
- Examination / Library / Laboratory fees.
- Purchase of Books / Equipment / Instruments / Uniforms.
- Caution Deposit / Building Fund / Refundable Deposit ( maximum 10% tution fees for the entire course ).
- Travel Expenses / Passage money for studies abroad.
- Purchase of computers considered necessary for completion of course.
- Cost of a Two wheeler upto 50,000/-.
- Any other expenses required to complete the course like study tours, project work etc.
Amount of SBI Bank Education Loan :
- For studies in India, maximum 10 lacs.
- Studies abroad, maximum 20 lacs.
State Bank of India Interest Rates : w.e.f. 29.06.2009 ( SBAR 11.75% )
SBI Student Loan Scheme
|State Bank of India Education Loan Amount||SBI Rate of Interest|
|Loans upto 4.00 Lacs||0.50% below SBAR i.e. 11.25% p.a.|
|Loans above 4.00 Lacs and upto 7.50 Lacs||1.00% above SBAR i.e. 12.75% p.a.|
|Loans above 7.50 Lacs||At SBAR i.e. 11.75% p.a.|
An Interest Rate concession of 0.50% to Girl Student availing SBI Student Loans.
SBI Educational Loan Processing Fees :
- No processing fee / upfront charges.
- Deposit of 5000/- for education loan for studies abroad which will be adjusted in the margin money.
SBI Repayment Tenure : Repayment will commence one year after completion of course or 6 months after securing a job, whichever is earlier.
|Place of Study||SBI Education Loan Amount||Repayment Period in Years|
|Studies in India||10.0 lacs||5 - 7|
|Studies Abroad||20.0 lacs||5 - 7|
SBI Security for Educational Loan
|Amount||For loans upto 10.00 lacs for Studies in India and upto 20.00 lacs for studies abroad|
|Upto 4 lacs||No Security|
|Above 4 lacs to 7.50 lacs||Collateral security in the form of suitable third party guarantee. The bank may, at its discretion, in exceptional cases, weive third party guarantee if satisfied with the net - worth / means of parent / s who would be executing the documents as "joint borrower".|
|Above 7.50 lacs.||Tangible collateral security of suitable value, along with the assignment of future income of the student for payment of installments.|
All SBI loans should be secured by parent ( s ) / guardian of the student borrower. In case of married person, co – obligator can be either spouse or the parent ( s ) / parents – in – law.
State Bank of India Education Loan Margin
- For loans up to 4.0 lacs : No Margin
- For loans above 4.0 lacs :
- Studies in India : 5%
- Studies Abroad : 15%
SBI Documentation Required for Educational Loan
- Completed Education Loan Application Form.
- Mark sheets of last qualifying examination.
- Proof of admission scholarship, studentship etc.
- Schedule of expenses for the specified course.
- 2 passport size photographs.
- Borrower’s Bank account statement for the last six months.
- Income tax assessment order, of last 2 years.
- Brief statement of assets and liabilities, of the Co – borrower.
- Proof of Income ( i.e. Salary slips / Form 16 etc ).
Education Loan in State Bank of India | SBI Education Loan Interest Rate | State Bank of India Loan Eligibility
Educational Loan in Banks Related : Indian Banks Education Loans, Education Loans Interest Rates, State Bank of India Educational Loan, Education Loan in State Bank of India ( SBI ), State Bank of India Education Loan Interest Rate, SBI Educational Loan Scheme, State Bank of India Education Loan Details, State Bank of India Education Loan Form, State Bank of India Educational Loan Application Form, SBI Educational Loan, SBI Education Loans, SBI Educational Loan Interest Rate, SBI Educational Loan Details, SBI Educational Loan Terms and Conditions, SBI Educational Loan Amount, SBI Educational Loan Repayment, SBI Educational Loan Documents, SBI Educational Loan Application Form, SBI Bank Education Loan Interest, SBI Bank Education Loan Form, Educational Loan from SBI, Online Education Loan in SBI, SBI Student Loan, SBI Student Education Loan, SBI Student Loan Interest Rate, SBI Student Loan for Abroad, SBI Student Loan Application Form, SBI Student Loan Documents, SBI Loan Eligibility, SBI Loan Application Form, SBI Online Educational Loan, SBI Education Loan Maximum Amount,
Posted In educational loan in banks : Leave a response for education loan in state bank of india ( sbi ) by amala