DTU Entrance Exam 2017
Delhi Technological University invites application for admission to B.Tech. ( Evening ) Programs for the academic year 2017 – 2018.
DTU 2017 Programs Offered
The following B.Tech. ( Evening ) programs are offered by the University, leading to the B.Tech. ( Evening ) Degree of Delhi Technological University.
|Programmes||Branch Code||No. of Seats|
|Electronics & Communication Engineering||CEEC||60|
*7 seats ( 3% of total seats ) are reserved for PWD category ( 4-GEN., 1-SC, 1-ST, 1-OBC )
DTU 2017 Eligibility Criteria
- The admission to B. Tech (Evening) program shall be made in two categories : DIRECT and SPONSORED.
- The candidate having three year regular diploma in any branch of Engineering for DIRECT category and relevant branch for SPONSORED category, awarded by any state board of technical education/diploma recognized by AICTE, Delhi with a minimum aggregate ( aggregate of all six semesters / three years ) of 55% ( 45% for SC / ST ) shall be eligible to take admission in B. Tech (Evening) Program being offered by DTU
- The candidates admitted under DIRECT category shall be allowed to seek campus placement through Training & Placement, DTU. However, the candidates admitted under SPONSORED category shall not be allowed to seek campus placement through Training & Placement, DTU.
- The admission under DIRECT category shall be available to candidates as per clause (1) without any requirement of experience and NOC from employer, However for the admission under SPONSORED category shall be available to the candidates having more than 5 year of experience in reputed organizations registered under company act or having valid TIN / GST No and located in the National Capital Territory of Delhi and contiguous industrial areas within 50 KM distance i.e. Bahadurgarh, Ghaziabad, Faridabad, Sonepat, Gautam Buddha Nagar (Noida & Gr. Noida) and Gurugram. Such candidates have to submit NOC from the employer. The self sponsored candidates shall not be eligible for admission under Sponsored category.
- The condition of 5 year experience shall be determined by 1st September 2017
To Know more about Eligibility Criteria Click Here
DTU 2017 Reservation of Seats
- The reservation in admission for all the B.Tech. ( Evening ) Programs for SC / ST / OBC shall be provided as per the policy of Government of Delhi approved by the Board of Management of DTU. 15%, 7.5%, and 27% of the total seats in each program are reserved for SC, ST and OBC category respectively during session 2017 – 2018. Candidates seeking admission under these categories must produce the SC / ST / OBC certificate issued by Government of NCT of Delhi. A list of approved authorities is given below :
- District Magistrate / Additional District Magistrate / Deputy Commissioner / Collector / Additional Deputy Commissioner / Deputy Collector / I Class Stipendiary Magistrate / City Magistrate (Not below the rank of I Class Stipendiary Magistrate) / Sub-Divisional Magistrate / Taluka Magistrate / Executive Magistrate / Extra Assistant Commissioner
- Chief Presidency Magistrate / Additional Chief Presidency Magistrate / Presidency Magistrate.
- Revenue Officer not below the rank of Tehsildar.
- Sub – divisional Officer of the area where candidate and / or his / her family normally reside.
- Administrator / Secretary to administrator / Development Officer ( Lakshadweep ).
- One seat in each program is reserved for employees of Delhi Technological University / Netaji Subhash Institute of Technology / ITIs / Polytechnics under the direct control of Department of Technical Education, Government of NCT of Delhi. Such candidates shall also appear in the Entrance Examination and compete amongst themselves for a seat in each branch. Candidates applying for staff seat should route their applications through the Registrar, DTU / Directorate of Technical Education, Government of NCT of Delhi in the case of Polytechnics / ITIs.
- 3% of the total seats in each program are reserved for person with disabilities candidates. These 3% reservations may be allocated as follows : 1% for persons with low vision of blindness, 1% for hearing impaired and 1% for those with Locomotor disabilities and /or cerebral palsy. Candidates seeking admission in PWD category shall have to appear before a medical board to be constituted by DTU.
- The seats belonging to General category will be filled as per open rank in the merit list.
- In case of seats reserved for SC candidates mentioned at (a) are not filled due to non availability of the candidates, the seats will be transferred to ST* candidates. Similarly the ST* seats will be transferred to SC candidates, if ST* candidates are not available for admission. However, even after interchanging the seats if neither SC nor ST* candidates are available for some reserved seats, then the seats will be treated as unreserved and will be filled by the open rank candidates. In case of seats reserved for OBC candidates mentioned at (a) are not filled due to non availability of the candidates, then the seats will be treated as unreserved and will be filled by the open rank candidates.*Reservation as per the policy of Govt. of Delhi shall be applicable.
- In case sufficient number of eligible candidates from the categories mentioned at (b) and (c) above are not available, then the seats will be treated as unreserved in the respective branches
- Please attach attested copies ( by Gazetted Officer ) of all original certificates and work experience certificates from the present and previous employers which fulfill your eligibility criteria. Applications without attested copies shall be summarily rejected without any intimation to applicants.
- No admission shall be made directly to the second or subsequent years of B.Tech ( Evening ) program.
|BRANCH||DIRECT : 40/Branch||SPONSORED: 20/Branch||TOTAL|
|Electronics & Communication||20||6||3||11||10||3||2||5||60|
DTU medium of examination shall be English. The relevant syllabi are given. The entrance test shall comprise of two papers of one and half hour ( 1½ Hours ) duration each. The first paper will be common to all candidates and second paper will be specific for respective programme. The test will comprise of only objective type of questions. Each question will have multiple ( four ) choices with one correct choice. Each correct answer will be awarded four marks, whereas one mark will be deducted for each incorrect answer.
The Entrance Examination will be conducted as per the schedule below :
|Date||Time||No of Questions||Maximum Marks|
|16th July, 2017|
|10:00 a.m. to|
All candidates seeking admission to B.Tech ( Evening ) program in DTU are required to download application form, available at www.dtu.ac.in
Duly filled application form along with a Demand Draft of 1000/- ( Rupee One Thousand Only ) non-refundable drawn in favour of “Registrar, Delhi Technological University, Delhi” payable at Delhi, shall be submitted to the following address on or before 7.00 P.M. of 05th July, 2017 ( Wednesday ).
The Deputy Coordinator ( Admn. ),
B.Tech. ( Evening ) Admission 2017,
B.Tech. ( Evening ) Office,
1st Floor, FW1-FF4, Electrical Engineering Department,
Delhi Technological University ( Formerly Delhi College of Engineering ),
Bawana Road, Delhi – 110042.
Incomplete information may lead to cancellation of candidature. The University will not be responsible for any postal delay or loss in transit. The candidates must ensure that the University receives the application on or before the last date. All applications received after the last date stand rejected automatically.
Note : The candidates are advised to ensure that they fulfill all the eligibility conditions before they submit their applications for the Entrance Examination. Attested copies ( by Gazetted Officer ) of the documents should be arranged in the following order along with the application form : Acknowledgement Card, Admit Card, Address Slip, Application Form, Date of Birth certificate, Diploma certificate, Mark Sheets, Appointment letter, Experience certificate, No Objection Certificate from present employer, Caste Certificate ( in case applicable ). Three self addressed envelopes should be attached alongwith the application form.
The Admission Tickets may be downloaded from DTU website : www.dtu.ac.in just before the scheduled date of the Entrance Examination. However, the Admission Tickets may also be collected in person by 15th July, 2017 ( Saturday ) from B. Tech. ( Evening ) office, 1st Floor FW1-FF5, Electrical Engineering Department.
Unless otherwise notified, the Centre for DTU Entrance Examination will be Delhi Technological University, Shahbad Daulatpur, Bawana Road, Delhi – 110042.
Instructions to the candidates with regard to the conduct of Examination will be communicated along with the Admission Tickets.
To more about Application Form Click Here
DTU 2017 Syllabus
DTU Syllabi for B.Tech. ( Evening ) Entrance Exam
- Physice Syllabus
- Chemistry Syllabus
- Mathematics Syllabus
- General Aptitude
To more about Syllabus Click Here
DTU 2017 Results
Delhi Technological University 2017 B.Tech ( Evening ) Entrance Examination Results will be declared on 20th July, 2017
To more about Results Click Here
DTU 2017 Counselling & Admission Procedure
The admission to B.Tech. ( Evening ) Program shall be done by Delhi Technological University on the basis of the rank secured by the candidates in the Common Entrance Examination. In case more than one candidate have equal marks in the Entrance Examination, the marks obtained in the qualifying examination as stated in the eligibility conditions will form the basis of merit for admission. In the event of marks in the qualifying examination also being equal, the candidate born earlier will be given preference.
The successful candidates up to the specified rank in each category and branch should present themselves for admission before the admission committee on the dates and time as specified below :
B. Tech. ( Evening ) Office, 1st Floor, FW1-FF5
Electrical Engineering Department, Delhi Technological University,
All the candidates are requested to report by 10:00 am as per following schedule :
|24th July, 2017 ( Monday )||Up to 200 ( DIRECT Category )|
|25th July, 2017 ( Tuesday )||200 onwards ( DIRECT Category )|
|26th July, 2017 ( Wednesday )||All SPONSORED category candidates|
|11th August, 2017 ( Friday )||All categories|
The candidates who have reported on the above mentioned dates but could not be admitted due to non availability of seats may report on 28th July, 2017 ( Friday ) at 10.00 A.M. in B.Tech. ( Evening ) Office, Electrical Engineering Department, 1st Floor, FW1-FF4 for admission to seats which may fall vacant due to various reasons. Further they are also advised to report on 11th August, 2017 ( Friday ) by 2.30 PM to explore the possibility of getting admission against withdrawals.
The candidates reporting for admission are required to bring the following documents along with one set of attested copies by Gazetted Officer.
- Original Class 10th certificate ( indicating the Date of Birth )
- Original Diploma certificate.
- Original Mark sheets of each year / sem of Diploma.
- Original SC / ST /OBC /PWD certificate.
- Original Appointment letter.
- Employer’s Company profile.
- Original Experience certificates
The candidate seeking admission under sponsored category must bring the photocopy of Sale Tax Clearance Certificate / ITCC / Company Registration Certificate / any evidence which shows that the company in which they are working, works for any Government / Public Sector Undertaking/ Local Government Bodies. If the candidate fails to bring the above documents mentioned in (c) & (d), the admission committee reserves the right to cancel his/her claim for admission to B.Tech. ( Evening ) Program. The decision of the Delhi Technological University regarding the eligibility of admission of any candidate shall be final.
If a candidate does not report for admission on the scheduled date, at the specified time either in person or through his / her nominee or if he / she does not pay the fee on the day of admission, his / her name will be deleted and he / she will cease to be a candidate and henceforth will not have any subsequent claim to a seat in B.Tech. ( Evening ) Programme, academic session 2017 – 2018.
The original certificates will be returned to the candidate after one year or on withdrawal of the admission, whichever is earlier.
The last date for closing of admission is 11th August, 2017 ( Friday ).
To more about Counselling Click Here
DTU 2017 Important Dates
|1||Date of release of application forms||05th June, 2017 ( Monday )|
|2||Last date for receipt of completed application form||05th July, 2017 ( Wednesday ) 7.00 P.M.|
|3||Date of B.Tech. ( Evening ) Entrance Examination 2017||16th July, 2017 ( Sunday ) 9.00 A.M. to 1.00 P.M.|
|4||Date of Declaration of Result ( Tentative )||20th July, 2017 ( Thursday )|
|5||Date for Commencement of B. Tech. ( Evening ) Admission||24th July, 2017 ( Monday )|
Delhi Technological University,
( Formerly Delhi College of Engineering ),
Shahbad Daulatpur, Main Bawana Road,
Delhi – 110 042,
Telephone No : 011 – 27294667,
Fax No : 011 – 27871023 & 011 – 27871031,
Website : www.dtu.ac.in.