Important : JEE Advanced 2018 Entrance Exam Date announced. Detailed notification will be announced shortly. Often visit this page for regular updates.
IIT Joint Entrance Exam 2018
Joint Entrance Examination is the All India Entrance Examination conducted for admission into the Engineering Courses. Joint Entrance Examination ( JEE ) is being conducted in two parts, JEE MAIN and JEE ADVANCED. JEE ADVANCED is for the admission into IITs only. JEE Advanced 2018 will be jointly conducted by IIT Bombay, IIT Delhi, IIT Guwahati, IIT Kanpur, IIT Kharagpur, IIT Madras and IIT Roorkee. Admission to all Undergraduate Programs in these institutions for Indian and Foreign nationals will be made through a Joint Entrance Examination Advanced 2018.
JEE Advanced 2018 Entrance Exam
The Joint Entrance Examination ( Advanced ) 2018 [ JEE ( Advanced ) 2018 ] will be conducted by the seven zonal Indian Institutes of Technology ( IITs ) under the guidance of the Joint Admission Board ( JAB ) 2018.
The performance of a candidate in this examination will form the basis for admission to the Bachelor’s, Integrated Master’s and Dual Degree programs ( entry at the 10+2 level ) in the sixteen IITs and the Indian School of Mines ( ISM ).
The decisions of the JAB 2018 will be final in all matters related to JEE ( Advanced ) 2018 and admission to IITs and ISM.
JEE Advanced 2018 Types of Academic Programs Offered at IITs and ISM, and Their Minimum Duration :
|B.Tech.||Bachelor of Technology|
|B.S.||Bachelor of Science|
|B.Pharm.||Bachelor of Pharmaceutics|
|B.Arch.||Bachelor of Architecture|
|Dual Degree B.Tech. - M.Tech.||Dual Degree Bachelor of Technology and Master of Technology|
|Dual Degree B.S. and M.S.||Dual Degree Bachelor of Science and Master of Science|
|Dual Degree B. Pharm - M. Pharm.||Integrated Dual Degree Master of Pharmaceutics|
|Integrated Dual Degree M.Pharm.||Integrated Dual Degree Master of Pharmaceutics|
|Integrated M.Tech.||Integrated Master of Technology|
|Integrated M.Sc.||Integrated Master of Science|
Only those academic programs for which admission is based on JEE ( Advanced ) examination are shown here. These Institutes also have other academic programs ( B.Des., M.Tech., M.Sc., M.Des., Ph.D., etc. ) with different admission criteria
All Indians and foreign nationals who satisfy the eligibility criteria can appear in JEE ( Advanced ). The successful candidates meeting the Class XII performance criterion are eligible for admission into IITs. While allotting seats, certain policies are followed depending on candidates’ category and / or nationality.
Day of the JEE Advanced 2018 Examination
- Candidates must carry a printed copy of the downloaded admit card and their original photo identity card for the examination. Only candidates having a valid admit card will be allowed to write the examination. The candidates will be given the original admit card upon identity verification.
- The candidate’s identity will be verified by invigilators as well as IIT representatives. If the identity of the candidate is in doubt, the candidate may not be allowed to appear for the examination. However, the authorities at their discretion may permit the candidate to appear for the examination after completing certain formalities. No extra time will be allowed for completing the examination in lieu of the time taken for completing these formalities.
- Impersonation in the examination is a serious offence and will lead to disqualification of the candidate from JEE ( Advanced ) 2018.
- Candidates will NOT be allowed to carry electronic devices ( e.g. mobile phones, smart phones, calculators, iPAD, tabs, electronic watches etc. ), abacus, slide rule, log books, study material of any type, geometry box,written or white ( blank ) paper / piece of paper, wallets etc. to the examination hall. Only BLACK ball point pens, downloaded admit card and an original photo identity card are allowed to be taken inside the examination hall.
- Candidates must report to the examination centres well in advance. Candidates arriving after 30 minutes of commencement of the examination in each paper will not be allowed.
- Candidates have to remain in the examination hall for the entire duration of the paper i.e., candidates CANNOT leave the examination hall before 12:00 IST for Paper 1 and before 17:00 IST for Paper 2.
- Both Paper 1 and Paper 2 are compulsory. Therefore, the ORS of only those candidates who have appeared in both Paper 1 and Paper 2 will be evaluated / graded.
To Know more about JEE Advanced 2018 Entrance Exam Click Here
JEE Advanced 2018 Eligibility Criteria
All the candidates, including foreign nationals, must fulfill each and every one of the following five criteria to appear in JEE ( Advanced ) 2018.
1. Performance in JEE ( Main ) 2018 :
Candidates should be among the top 2,20,000 ( including all categories ) by scoring positive marks in Paper – 1 of JEE ( Main ) 2018.
The percentages of various categories are : 27% for OBC – NCL, 15% for SC, 7.5% for ST and the remaining 50.5% is OPEN for all. Within each of these four categories, 3% horizontal reservation is available for PwD ( including Dyslexic ) candidates.
As shown in the following table, the usual order will be followed while choosing top 2,20,000 candidates in various categories who have scored positive marks in JEE ( Main ) 2018.
|Order||Category||Number of "Top" Candidates||Total|
|2||OPEN - PWD||3,333|
|3||OBC - NCL||57,618||59,400|
|4||OBC - NCL - PWD||1,782|
|6||SC - PWD||990|
|8||ST - PWD||495|
2. Age Limit :
Candidates should have been born on or after 01st October, 1992. Five years relaxation is given to SC, ST and PwD candidates, i.e., these candidates should have been born on or after 01st October, 1987.
3. Number of Attempts in JEE Advanced 2018 :
A candidate can attempt JEE ( Advanced ) a maximum of two times in consecutive years. Therefore, candidates who appeared in JEE ( Advanced ) 2016 for the first time are also eligible.
4. Appearance in Class XII ( or equivalent ) Exam :
A candidate should have appeared for the Class XII ( or equivalent ) examination for the first time in either 2018 or 2019.
However, candidates whose Class XII ( or equivalent ) examination results for the academic year 2014 – 15 were declared after June 2015 are eligible to appear in JEE (Advanced ) 2018.
5. Earlier admission at IITs :
A candidate should NOT have been admitted in an IIT irrespective of whether or not he / she continued in the program ) OR accepted the IIT seat by reporting at a reporting centre in the past. The candidates whose admission at IITs was cancelled are also NOT eligible to appear in JEE ( Advanced ) 2018.
Candidates who have been admitted to a preparatory course in any of the IITs for the first time in 2018 can appear in JEE ( Advanced ) 2018. The candidates who have paid seat acceptance fee but not accepted the seat ( by not reporting at any reporting centre during joint seat allocation in 2016 ) are eligible to appear in JEE ( Advanced ) 2018.
To Know more about JEE Advanced 2018 Eligibility Click Here
JEE Advanced 2018 Reservation of Seats
Indian nationals belonging to certain categories are admitted under the seats reserved for them in accordance with the rules of the Government of India. The categories and the extent of reservation are as follows :
- Other Backward Classes belonging to the Non-Creamy Layer (OBC-NCL) – 27% of seats in every course. The backward class should be in the current updated central list of OBCs
Candidates belonging to the creamy layer of OBC are NOT entitled for reservation. Such candidates are treated as belonging to the general (GEN), i.e., unreserved category, and they will be eligible only for the OPEN seats – the seats for which everyone is eligible.
- Scheduled Caste (SC) – 15% of seats in every course.
- Scheduled Tribe (ST) – 7.5% of seats in every course.
The benefit of reservation will be given only to those castes and tribes that are mentioned in the respective central list of corresponding states published by the Government of India
(http://socialjustice.nic.in/sclist.php and http://tribal.nic.in/Content/list%20of%20Scheduled%20Tribes%20in%20India
- Persons with Disability (PwD) – 3% seats in each of OPEN, OBC-NCL, SC and ST category seats.
Benefit would be given to those who have at least 40% impairment irrespective of the type of disability i.e., locomotor, visual or dyslexic.
Leprosy-cured candidates who are otherwise fit to pursue the courses are also included in this sub – category.
Candidates belonging to the OBC-NCL, SC, ST and PwD categories will be declared as qualified on the basis of a relaxed criterion.
Unfilled seats in the OBC – NCL category will be de-reserved to OPEN category seats. whereas, seats remaining vacant under the SC and ST categories shall NOT be de-reserved to any category. The reservation for PwD candidates is horizontal and hence, unfilled seats will be de-reserved to the respective categories i.e., unfilled SC-PwD seats will be converted to the SC category seats and so on.
The category of a candidate as entered in the database, which will be made available by the JEE Apex Board [ which conducts JEE ( Main ) 2018 examination ], will be final and requests for change of category will NOT be entertained.
Defence Service ( DS ) Candidates
Defence Service ( DS ) category candidates are children of defence / paramilitary personnel killed or permanently disabled in action during war or peacetime operations. Two seats are available for preferential allotment in each Institute for DS candidates. To avail of this preferential allotment, a DS category candidate must be in the Common RankList of JEE ( Advanced ) 2018.
Candidates who are NOT citizens of India ( by birth or naturalized ), at the time of registering for JEE ( Advanced ) 2018 are treated as foreign nationals. Seats allotted to foreign nationals are supernumerary with a cap of 10% of total number of seats in every course.
Foreign nationals are outside the ambit of reservation of seats under the OBC – NCL, SC, ST and PwD categories as specified here in.
To Know more about JEE Advanced 2018 Reservation Click Here
JEE Advanced Application Form 2018
Candidates should register for appearing in JEE ( Advanced ) 2018. Registration is only through the online portal where detailed instructions will be provided.
- Online registration portal – www.jeeadv.ac.in
- Online registration begins – April, 2018 10:00 IST
- Online registration closes – May, 2018 17:00 IST
- Regn. with late fee begins – May, 2018 10.00 IST
- Regn. With late fee closes – May, 2018 17.00 IST
JEE Advanced 2018 Registration Procedure
Step 1 : After login, provide the basic data including the choice of the language of question paper ( English or Hindi ), the choices of the cities for the examination. The candidate will have the option of adding another cell phone number on top of the number/s provided during JEE ( Main ) registration. Please note that the JEE ( Advanced ) 2018 result will be sent to one of these numbers by SMS.
Step 2 : Upload the scanned copies of all requisite documents.
Step 3 : Pay registration fee [ Indicated Below Registration Fee for JEE ( Advanced ) 2018 ]. Registration fee is NEITHER refundable NOR transferable.
Registration For JEE ( Advanced ) 2018
Examination Centres in India
|Female Candidates||INR 1200|
|SC, ST, PwD Candidates||INR 1200|
|All Other Candidates||INR 2400|
|Late Fee||INR 500|
Exam Centres Outside India ( SAARC Countries )
|All Candidates||USD 135|
|Late Fee||USD 80|
Exam Centres Outside India ( Non - SAARC Countries )
|All Candidates||USD 270|
|Late Fee||USD 80|
The registration fee shown above DOES NOT INCLUDE service charges, processing fees and any other charges that the banks may levy.
Detailed instructions related to the payment of registration fee will be given on the online registration portal.
JEE Advanced 2018 Documents Required for Registration
Given below is a list of certificates whose scanned copies are to be uploaded at the time of online registration for JEE ( Advanced ) 2018. The formats of the certificates, which are indicated in the brackets, are given in Annexure – II : Certificate Formats.
All Candidates :
- Class X certificate if the date of birth is mentioned in it OR birth certificate.
- Class XII ( or equivalent examination ) certificate ( for those who appeared for this examination in 2016 or whose result was declared after June 2015 ).
- If the name is not same as in the Class X certificate, gazette notification showing the change of name.
For Candidates seeking admission under the OBC – NCL category :
OBC – NCL certificate ( FORM – OBC – NCL ) should have been issued on or after 01st April, 2018 in confirmation with the latest guidelines of the Government of India. Visit www.ncbc.nic.in for latest guidelines and updates of the Central List of State – wise OBCs.
For Candidates seeking admission under the SC or ST category :
Caste ( for SC ) or tribe ( for ST ) certificate ( FORM – SC / ST ).
For Candidates seeking admission under the PwD category :
Physical Disability certificate ( FORM – PwD II / III / IV whichever is applicable] ) issued by the notified medical authority. Dyslexic candidate needs to submit FORM – DYSLEXIC 1 and 2 instead of FORM – PwD. Dyslexia certificates must be issued by a doctor specializing in psychiatry and associated with the Rehabilitation Council of India ( RCI ) / Dyslexia Associations. The certificate must mention ‘SEVERE’ to enable the candidate get the benefit of PwD category.
Individual IITs may constitute a medical board at the time of admission to test the candidate’s level of disability.
For Candidates needing the services of a scribe :
Request letter to the Chairman of the respective zonal coordinating IIT ( FORM – SCRIBE ).
For Candidates seeking admission under the DS category :
Certificate ( FORM – DS ) issued by a competent authority in the Directorate of Resettlement and Rehabilitation, New Delhi under the Ministry of Defence or the Ministry of Home Affairs, Govt. of India.
For PIO / OCI Card holders :
PIO card or OCI certificate, as applicable. Foreign Candidates may go to the link http://www.jeeadv.ac.in/pdf/foreign.pdf.
To Know more about JEE Advanced 2018 Application Form Click Here
JEE Advanced 2018 Admit Card
• Candidates who successfully registered for JEE ( Advanced ) 2018 can download the admit card from the online registration portal : www.jeeadv.ac.in
• The admit card will bear the following details of the candidate : Name, Roll number for JEE ( Advanced ) 2018, photograph, signature, date of birth, address for correspondence, category and language of the question paper.
• In addition, the admit card will have the name and address of the examination centre allotted to the candidate.
• Candidates should carefully examine the entries in the admit card and in case of any discrepancy, contact the Chairman, JEE ( Advanced ) 2018 of the respective zonal coordinating IIT.
• In case the admit card is not available for downloading, the candidate should contact the Chairman, JEE ( Advanced ) 2018 of the respective zonal coordinating IIT.
• A copy of the downloaded admit card should be produced at the time of examination. The original admit card will be issued to the candidate during the Paper 1 examination. This original admit card must be retained safely till all the formalities of admission are complete.
Portal for downloading admit card : www.jeeadv.ac.in.
Admit card downloading : May, 2018, 10:00 IST to May, 2018, 09:00 IST.
JEE Advanced 2018 Exam Centres
JEE ( Advanced ) 2018 will be held in select cities and towns in India. Candidates should compulsorily choose three cities / towns from a zone of their choice at the time of online registration. Efforts will be made to allot the city / town of the candidate’s choice but a different city / town in the same zone may be allotted under exceptional circumstances. Request for change of city / town will NOT be entertained under any circumstance.
Foreign candidates may follow the link for exam centres in foreign countries. http://www.jeeadv.ac.in/pdf/foreign.pdf.
|Zone||State||City/ Town||Centre Code|
|IIT Bombay||Gujarat|| Ahmedabad|
|IIT Delhi||Delhi|| Delhi (Central)|
|Jammu & Kashmir||Jammu||208|
|Uttar Pradesh|| Mathura|
|IIT Guwahati||Arunachal Pradesh||Itanagar||301|
|IIT Kanpur||Madhya Pradesh|| Gwalior|
|Uttar Pradesh|| Allahabad|
|IIT Kharagpur||Andaman & Nicobar Islands||Port Blair||501|
|West Bengal|| Durgapur|
|IIT Madras||Andhra Pradesh|| Nellore|
|Tamil Nadu|| Madurai|
|IIT Roorkee||Haryana|| Sonipat|
|Himachal Pradesh|| Palampur|
|Uttar Pradesh|| Ghaziabad|
Gautam Budh Nagar (Noida)
To Know more about JEE Advanced 2018 Exam Centres Click Here
JEE Advanced 2018 Syllabus
- Chemistry Syllabus Click Here
- Physics Syllabus Click Here
- Maths Syllabus Click Here
- AAT Syllabus Click Here
JEE Advanced 2018 Results
JEE Advanced 2018 Exam Date :
JEE Advanced 2018 Entrance Exam will be conducted on 20th May, 2018.
JEE Advanced 2018 Result Date :
JEE Advanced 2018 Final Results likely to be declared in the month of June, 2018.
Please keep watching this page, to check your JEE Advanced 2018…
To Know more about JEE Advanced 2018 Results Click Here
Admission through JEE Advanced 2018
Indian Institutes of Technology are institutions of national importance established through an Act of Parliament for fostering excellence in education. There are sixteen IITs at present, located at Bhubaneswar, Chennai, Delhi, Gandhinagar, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Indore, Jodhpur, Kanpur, Kharagpur, Mandi, Mumbai, Patna, Ropar, Roorkee and Varanasi These institutes, along with Indian School of Mines ( ISM ), Dhanbad, play a leading role in technological manpower development.
The admissions to the Undergraduate Programs for the academic year 2018 – 2019 for all Indian and Foreign nationals at these institutions are made through the JEE Advanced 2018 M. Sc. Integrated courses in pure and applied sciences and M.Tech. Integrated courses in few disciplines are also offered by many of these institutes. In addition, most institutes offer Dual Degree M.Tech. programs wherein both B.Tech. and M.Tech. degrees are awarded at the end of the program.
Seat Reservation Policy :
The following reservation policy is followed for admission to various courses : 27% seats are reserved for OBC ( non-creamy layer ) 15% for SC and 7.5% for ST category candidates. Allotment of seats to qualified persons with Physical Disabilities ( PwD ) belonging to different categories, i. e., GE, OBC ( NCL ), SC, and ST will be made category-wise in JEE Advanced 2018. Up to 3% of the total seats available in each category in each of the institutes will be made available to the PwD candidates.
These seats will be allotted to PwD candidates according to their categories, ranks in the category-wise PwD merit list and the choice sheet of courses submitted. As the allotment of a seat in every course in every institute to PwD candidates will lead to more than 3% reservation, the PwD seats will be allotted to different categories over the years on a roster basis. This year, the seats available to PwD candidates belonging to different categories.
Two seats are available for preferential allotment in each institute for children of defence / paramilitary personnel killed or permanently disabled in action during war or peace time operations ( DS ). Candidates claiming a DS seat should submit the original certificate issued by the competent authority in the Directorate of Resettlement and Rehabilitation, New Delhi under the Ministry of Defence or Ministry of Home affairs, Government of India.
Candidates shortlisted for counselling to the IITs / ISM Dhanbad will pass through following stages, namely :
- Online registration
- Online choice filling
- Online seat allotment
- Online Provisional admission ( Candidates must physically present at the respective zonal IITs for certificate verification and fee payment )
In addition, Candidates shortlisted for counselling and desirous of joining the B.Arch. course ( Codes : G5101 and R5101 ) will be required to qualify in an Architecture Aptitude Test ( AAT 2018 ). The AAT 2018 will be held on May, 2018 at seven Zonal IITs ( Bombay, Delhi, Guwahati, Kanpur, Kharagpur, Madras and Roorkee ).
The AAT 2018 will be of three hours duration. Candidates must bring their original JEE Advanced 2018 Admit Card with them to appear in the AAT 2018. Candidates who fail to qualify in this Aptitude Test will not be eligible for admission to B.Arch. courses. Syllabus for the test is given in the JEE Advanced 2018 Information Brochure.
To Know more about JEE Advanced 2018 Counselling Click Here
JEE Advanced 2018 Important Dates
Day, Date and Time
|1.||JEE ( Main ) 2018 [ Offline exam ]||April, 2018|
|2.||Declaration of JEE ( Main ) 2018 Results||April, 2018|
|3.||Registration for JEE ( Advanced ) 2018||April, 2018 to May, 2018|
|4.||Registration with Late Fee||May, 2018|
|5.||Admit Card Available for Downloading||May, 2018|
|6.||JEE ( Advanced ) 2018 Examination||20th May, 2018|
|8.||Online Display of Answer Keys||June, 2018|
|9.||Feedback and Comments on Answer Keys from Candidates||June, 2018|
|10.||Declaration of JEE ( Advanced ) 2018 Results||June, 2018|
|11.||Online Registration for Architecture Aptitude Test||June, 2018|
|12.||Architecture Aptitude Test ( AAT )||June, 2018|
|13.||Declaration of AAT Results||June, 2018|
|14.||Seat Allotment||June, 2018|
Indian Institute of Technology Madras,
India – 600 036,
Phone : +91 44 2257 8220,
Fax : +91 44 2257 8224,
Email : email@example.com,
Website : www.jeeadv.ac.in.