AIT 2018 Entrance Exam
AIT Admission is based on All India Ranking as published by CBSE taking into consideration of scores obtained in the Joint Entrance Exam – JEE Main 2018 and marks obtained in class XII Examinations ( 60 % of Entrance exam marks + of 40 % normalized scores in Class XII marks ). All applicants are therefore required to appear in JEE Main 2018 and also apply to AIT for Admission. Failing to fill up any one of the forms will lead to rejection of admission to AIT.
AIT 2018 Eligibility Criteria
Age Criteria : The candidate must fulfil the age criteria requirements as per JEE Main 2017 candidates whose date of birth falls on or after 1st October , 1993 are eligible.
Proof of Age : The date of birth recorded in the matriculation or equivalent certificate or in the Secondary Education Board / University Certificate only will be accepted as proof of age.
Mandatory Eligibility Requirement : The applicant must be a citizen of India or a person of Indian origin from any foreign country but who intends to settle permanently in India and obtains Indian citizenship before admission to AIT.
Eligibility for Admission to AIT : Admission to Army Institute of Technology is for the children of eligible serving Army personnel, eligible ex Army personnel and war widows of the Army. The children of following categories of Army personnel are eligible and they are required to submit the relevant certificate as given against the category applicable to them as proof of their eligibility for admission to AWES Professional Colleges along with the Application Form :-
The applicants must fall into one of the following categories :
- Children of serving Army personnel with minimum 10 years continuous service in the Army ( Submit Certificate No 1 ) .
- Children of ex Army personnel granted / awarded regular pension, liberalized family pension, family pension or disability pension at the time of their superannuation, demise, discharge, release medical board / invalid medical board. This includes wards of recruits medically boarded out and granted isability pension ( Submit Certificate No 1 ) .
- Children of ex Army personnel who have taken discharge or released after ten years of service ( Submit Certificate No 1 ) .
Adopted / Step children and children of Remarried Widows :
- Adopted Child of Army personnel if adopted at least five years prior to seeking admission ( Submit Certificate No 2 ) .
- Step Children are eligible provided they are born from a wedding where at least one parent belonged to the Army who is otherwise eligible ( Submit Certificate No 2 ) .
Note : Wards of personnel who are serving / have served only DSC / Assam Rifles / BSF / Indian Navy / Indian Air force / GREF / Defence Civilians are not eligible for admission to AIT.
Eligibility Criteria in Special Cases :
Eligibility Criteria for Wards of Ex Army Medical Corps Officers / Army Dental Corps Officers presently serving with Indian Navy or Indian Air Force ( IN / IAF ) . Wards of only those ex Army medical officers / Army Dental Corps officers presently serving with Indian Navy or Indian Air Force who have served with the Army for atleast 10 years ( Submit Certificate No 3 ) .
Eligibility Criteria for Children of APS / MNS / TA Personnel
- Children of APS personnel classified as ex- servicemen as per Govt of India, Ministry of Defence letter No 9 ( 52 ) / 88 / D ( Res ) dated 19th July, 1989.
- Children of those APS personnel who are on deputation and who have put in 10 years of service in the Army.
- Children of APS personnel, who are directly recruited into APS who have competed 10 years of service and of those who as per their terms and conditions of service, retired from APS without reversion to P&T Department after completing their minimum pensionable service of which 10 years was in the Army.
- Children of only those members of MNS who have 10 years service as regular members of MNS or are in receipt of pension from the Army.
- Children of only those TA personnel who have completed 10 years of embodied service
AIT 2018 Academic Qualifications and Criteria
The following qualifications must be met by the applicant applying for admission into AIT :
Minimum ( Qualifying Exam ) : The applicant must have passed the ( 10+2 ) CBSE exam or the Indian School Certificate ( 10+2 or XII ) ISC exam or its equivalent Higher Secondary ( Std XII ) Certificate Exam from a recognised Board / University with English, Physics and Maths as compulsory subjects.
Subject combination requirement : The candidate must have passed / appeared Class XII or equivalent with compulsory subjects as Physics and Mathematics alongwith one of the Chemistry / Biotechnology / Biology / Technical Vocational Subject*. Candidate should obtain at least 50% in the above combination subjects. This is subject to directions from AICTE / Government of Maharashtra / Savitribai Phule Pune University.
AIT 2018 Admission Criteria
Admission to AIT is on the basis of All India Rank obtained in the Joint Entrance Exam ( JEE ) Main 2018. The AIT Application Form must be accompanied with photocopy of JEE Main Admit Card/Hall Ticket. For application forms and the information bulletin candidates are advised to visit JEE ( Main ) website email@example.com. AIT does not deal with distribution of JEE Main forms and queries if any. Details may be obtained from following address :
JEE ( Main ) Secretariat,
Central Board of Secondary Education,
PS-1-2, Institutional Area, I.P.Extn. Patparganj,
AIT 2018 Study and Seats
AIT offers four year B.E. courses in the following branches :
- Computer Engineering – 120 seats
- Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering – 60 seats
- Mechanical Engineering – 60 seats
- Information Technology – 60 seats
To know more about AIT 2018 Entrance Exam Click Here
AIT 2018 Online Application Form
Application Form :
Online : Online application form is available on our website www.aitpune.com wef 15th March, 2018. Application fee of 975 / – inclusive of processing charges.
By hand : A limited quantity of prospectus ( hard copies ) with application form will be available at AIT, Pune, HQ Commands and Headquarters AWES on payment of 975 / – through bank DD of a nationalised bank drawn in favour of Director, AIT and payable at Pune. No payment through cheque ( including at-par cheques ) will be accepted.
By Post : Prospectus with application form can also be obtained by post from AIT on payment of 980 / – through bank DD drawn in favour of Director, AIT payable at Pune.
- Candidates are advised to use online facility for applying as far as possible.
- Cost of prospectus will not be refunded, if returned.
Last Date for Application :
The online / offline application form duly completed must be submitted by 25th April, 2018 or with late fee of 500 / – by 5th May, 2018. No form will be accepted on or after 6th May, 2018. AIT will not be held responsible for non receipt of Application Form due to failure on the part of Postal Department, Courier Service, or any other reason beyond the control of AIT.
AIT 2018 Admission Procedure
- AIT Merit List will be made on the basis of JEE Main Rank. However, where weightage for gallantry awards is to be given as laid down in Para 16, the weightage marks will be added to the marks obtained in the JEE Main. The final AIT Merit List will then be made after weightage has been given to the affected candidates. If after award of ‘Weightage Marks’, two or more candidates secure the same marks, the inter-se merit of these candidates will be based on their earlier JEE Main Rank.
- No Third Party Arbitration on Preparation of Merit List. The decision of AIT Management with respect to preparation of the Merit List will be final and no third party arbitration on this matter will be accepted.
- Call for Admission / Joining Instructions. Admission schedule and Joining Instructions will be available on AIT website alongwith AIT merit list. Candidates will report to AIT for admission formalities on the day / date and time mentioned in admission schedule given in Joining Instructions. Inclusion of name in AIT Merit List does not bestow on the candidate the right to admission.
Mode of Offering Admission :
Following procedure will be adopted for admission of the candidates who have qualified as above :
- Branch of Engineering would be allotted taking into consideration the order of merit of the candidate, available vacancies and choice of branch indicated by the candidate while filling-up the Admission Form at the time of Admission. Candidates are advised to fill in their choice of branch in the admission form as per their desire / preference even if there is no vacancy in that branch at that time. Choice mentioned in the admission form will form basis for re-allotment / re-adjustment of branch subsequently due to withdrawal / failure of some candidates to join AIT within stipulated time.
- Failure of a candidate to present himself / herself on the day / date and time specified in their Joining Instructions or when specifically called for admission will lose claim to his / her merit. However, in case such a candidate presents himself / herself at a later time but during the admission process, a seat, if still vacant at that point of time, will be allotted to the said candidate. The merit of such a candidate will stand relegated to one below the seat last allotted.
- A candidate presents himself / herself on admission day and refuses to take admission on being offered a seat will NOT be given another chance.
- Only those waitlisted candidates who present themselves at AIT to avail of the chance offer the first time and fail to secure a seat due to early filling up of seats will be called for admission once more when a vacancy arises.
- The candidate must personally be present at the time of Admission. A candidate, however, may be represented by his / her parents or a representative ( with an authority letter from parents concerned ) only in case it is not possible for him / her to be personally present due to medical reason. However, failure of a candidate to physically report to AIT on the date / time specified after grant of admission will result in cancellation of admission without any warning / notice.
To know more about AIT 2018 Application Form Click Here
AIT 2018 Results
AIT 2018 Result Date :
AIT Admission based on JEE Main 2018 Score Cards :
JEE Main 2018 Results will be declared on 30th April, 2018.
To know more about AIT 2018 Results Click Here
To know more about AIT 2018 Questipon Papers Click Here
AIT 2018 Important Dates
|1||Last date for submission of online JEE Main 2018 Applications||01 January, 2018|
|2||JEE Main 2018 Examination Date||Offline 8th April, 2018 & Online 15th, 16th April, 2018|
|3||Last date for receipt of completed AIT Application at AIT Admission Cell||25th April, 2018 w/o Late Fee and 5th May, 2018 with
Late Fee of 500/-
|4||JEE Main 2018 Exam Results Date||Available on AIT website www.aitpune.com approximately one week after the declaration of All India Ranking of candidates by JEE Main 2018|
Army Institute of Technology,
Dighi Hills, Pune – 411 015,
Telephone No. : ( 020 ) 27157534, 27157612,
Fax No. : 91 – 20 – 27157534,
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org,
Website : www.aitpune.com.
|Application Form : https://www.radicalforms.com/registration.php?ins=NA==|