Army Institute of Technology – AIT Entrance Exam 2014
|JEE Main 2014 Online Practice Test Available Now|
|Important : Army Institute of Technology 2014 Notification will be available in the month of February, 2014. Often visit this page for regular updates..|
AIT 2014 Entrance Exam
AIT Admission is on the basis of All India Rank obtained in the Joint Entrance Exam – JEE Main 2014. This will comprise of score in JEE Main and normalised score in Class 12 or other qualifying exam ( 60% & 40% weightage respectively ). Army Institute of Technology invites application for Four year BE Course in the following disciplines :
- Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering – 120 seats
- Mechanical Engineering – 60 seats
- Computer Engineering – 60 seats
- Information Technology – 60 seats
AIT 2014 Exam Date
|JEE Main 2014 Examination Date ( Offline ) : 06th April, 2014|
|JEE Main 2014 Examination Date ( Online ) : 09th, 11th, 12th & 19th April, 2014|
Please visit the following link for more details about JEE Main 2014
AIT 2014 Eligibility Criteria
AIT 2014 Age Criteria :
- The candidate must fulfill the age criteria requirements as per JEE Main 2014 i.e., candidates whose date of birth falls on or after 01 October, 1989 are eligible.
- Proof of Age : The date of birth recorded in the matriculation or equivalent ( Class X ) certificate or in the Secondary Education Board / University Certificate only will be accepted as proof of age.
AIT 2014 Mandatory Eligibility Requirement : The applicant must be a citizen of India or a person of Indian origin from any foreign country but who intends to settle permanently in India and obtains Indian citizenship before admission to AIT.
Eligibility for AIT 2014 Admission : Admission to Army Institute of Technology is for the children of eligible serving Army personnel, eligible ex Army personnel and war widows of the Army. The children of following categories of Army personnel are eligible and they are required to submit the relevant certificate as given against the category applicable to them as proof of their eligibility for admission to AWES Professional Colleges along with the Application Form :
- The applicants must fall into one of the following categories :
- ( i ) Children of serving Army personnel with minimum 10 years continuous service in the Army ( Submit Certificate No 1 ).
- ( ii ) Children of ex Army personnel granted / awarded regular pension, liberalized family pension, family pension or disability pension at the time of their superannuation, demise, discharge, release medical board / invalid medical board. This includes wards of recruits medically boarded out and granted disability pension ( Submit Certificate No 1 ).
- ( iii ) Children of ex Army personnel who have taken discharge or released after ten years of service ( Submit Certificate No 1 ).
- Adopted / Step children and children of Remarried Widows :
- ( i ) Adopted Child of Army personnel if adopted at least five years prior to seeking admission ( Submit Certificate No 2 ).
- ( ii ) Step Children are eligible provided they are born from a wedding where at least one parent belonged to the Army who is otherwise eligible ( Submit Certificate No 2 ).
- AIT 2014 Eligibility Criteria in Special Cases :
- ( i ) AIT 2014 Eligibility Criteria for Wards of Ex Army Medical Corps Officers / Army Dental Corps Officers presently serving with Indian Navy or Indian Air Force( IN / IAF ). Wards of only those ex Army medical officers / Army Dental Corps officers presently serving with Indian Navy or Indian Air Force who have served with the Army for atleast 10 years ( Submit Certificate No 3 ).
- ( ii ) Eligibility Criteria for Children of APS / MNS / TA Personnel ( Submit Certificate No 3 ).
- ( aa ) Children of APS personnel classified as ex- servicemen as per Govt of India, Ministry of Defence letter No 9 ( 52 ) / 88 / D( Res ) dated 19 Jul 89.
- ( ab ) Children of those APS personnel who are on deputation and who have put in 10 years of service in the Army.
- ( ac ) Children of APS personnel, who are directly recruited into APS who have competed 10 years of service and of those who as per their terms and conditions of service, retired from APS without reversion to P&T Department after completing their minimum pensionable service of which 10 years was in the Army.
- ( ad ) Children of only those members of MNS who have 10 years service as regular members of MNS or are in receipt of pension from the Army.
- ( ae ) Children of only those TA personnel who have completed 10 years of embodied service.
Candidates Who are Not Eligible :
The following categories of candidates are not eligible :
- ( a ) Those children who are Not included in one of the categories mentioned in Paras 15 and 16 above.
- ( b ) A candidate who has passed any examination of a Statutory University recognised as equivalent to the corresponding examination of Pune University shall not be permitted to appear for that examination with the same subjects ( University of Pune Ordinance 115 refers ) i.e., candidate who has completed First Year engineering from any Institute throughout the country is Not eligible for re-admission in First Year Engineering at AIT.
AIT 2014 Academic Qualifications and Criteria :
The following qualifications must be met by the applicant applying for admission into AIT :
- Minimum ( Qualifying Exam ) : The applicant must have passed the ( 10+2 ) CBSE exam or the Indian School Certificate ( 10+2 or XII ) ISC exam or its equivalent Higher Secondary ( Std XII ) Certificate Exam from a recognised Board / University with English, Physics, Chemistry and Maths as compulsory subjects.
- PCM Requirement : The candidate must have passed the exam with Physics, Chemistry and Maths taken together at one and the same sitting. He / she should have secured not less than 45% marks ( combined total ) in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry and Maths. This is subject to directions from AICTE / Government of Maharashtra / University of Pune.
- Proof of Academic Qualification :
- Those who have appeared for the Qualifying Exam : Candidates, who appear for the qualifying exam in 2014, may also apply for the admission to AIT. They must however submit the Mark Sheet as proof of passing the said exam if they are called for admission.
- Those Who Have Already Passed in the Qualifying Exam : Those who have already passed the qualifying exam must submit the attested copy of Mark Sheets of the qualifying examination along with the application form.
- If after passing the qualifying ( Class XII ) examination by the candidate, there is a gap of one or more academic year before joining AIT, the candidate shall submit an affidavit to be given on a Stamp Paper worth 100 / – duly notarized stating that during the said period the candidate did not join any other course in any statutory University / Institute. In case candidate had joined any College / University during this time, the candidate should submit Migration Certificate of that particular College / University. ( Gap affidavit format is available on AIT website. It can be submitted at the time of admission ).
- Compartment Cases : A candidate who fails in Physics, Chemistry or Maths at one and the same sitting ( one or more subjects ) is not eligible for admission to First Year Engineering.
University Eligibility Conditions : Any conditions, over and above those mentioned above, specified by the University of Pune, Government of Maharashtra and AICTE will be applicable to the candidates applying for admission to AIT.
Onus of Ensuring Eligibility Rests with the Candidate : It is the responsibility of the candidate to ensure that he / she possesses the requisite minimum academic qualification and is eligible in all other respects as per the instructions given in this Prospectus for applying to AIT. The final acceptance of eligibility will rest with the AIT Management and University of Pune in all cases and this will be decided at the time of provisional admission and also later during scrutiny of papers by University of Pune.
AIT Related : AIT 2014 Entrance Exam, AIT 2014 Exam Date, AIT 2014 Engineering Entrance Exam, Army Institute of Technology – AIT Entrance Exam 2014, AIT BE Entrance Exam 2014 Date, AIT 2014 Eligibility Criteria, AIT 2014 Notification, AIT 2014 Age Criteria, AIT 2014 Exam Details, AIT Pune 2014 Admission, AIT Pune 2014 Exam Date, AIT 2014 Admission Eligibility, AIT 2014 Eligibility Requirements, AIT 2014 Eligibility Qualification, AIT BE 2014 Seats, AIT 2014 Seats Availability, AIT 2014 Number of Seats, Army Institute of Technology BE Entrance Exam 2014, AIT Pune 2014 Prospectus, AIT 2014 Seats Reservation, Eligibility for AIT 2014, AIT 2014 Exam Schedule, AIT 2014 Eligibility Condition, AIT 2014 Entrance Test,
AIT BE Entrance Test 2014 – Exam Date for AIT 2014 – AIT BE Eligibility Criteria 2014 – AIT Pune Admission 2014 – AIT Exam Notification 2014.
Posted In engineering entrance exam : ait : Leave a response for army institute of technology – ait entrance exam 2014 by priya