|JEE Main 2017 Question Bank CD|
AIT 2017 Entrance Exam
AIT Admission is based on All India Ranking as published by CBSE taking into consideration of scores obtained in the Joint Entrance Exam – JEE Main 2017 and marks obtained in class XII Examinations ( 60 % of Entrance exam marks + of 40 % normalized scores in Class XII marks ). All applicants are therefore required to appear in JEE Main 2017 and also apply to AIT for Admission. Failing to fill up any one of the forms will lead to rejection of admission to AIT.
AIT 2017 Eligibility Criteria
Age Criteria : The candidate must fulfil the age criteria requirements as per JEE Main 2017 candidates whose date of birth falls on or after 1st October , 1992 are eligible.
Proof of Age : The date of birth recorded in the matriculation or equivalent certificate or in the Secondary Education Board / University Certificate only will be accepted as proof of age.
Mandatory Eligibility Requirement : The applicant must be a citizen of India or a person of Indian origin from any foreign country but who intends to settle permanently in India and obtains Indian citizenship before admission to AIT.
Eligibility for Admission to AIT Admission to Army Institute of Technology is for the children of eligible serving Army personnel, eligible ex Army personnel and war widows of the Army. The children of following categories of Army personnel are eligible and they are required to submit the relevant certificate as given against the category applicable to them as proof of their eligibility for admission to AWES Professional Colleges along with the Application Form :-
The applicants must fall into one of the following categories :
- Children of serving Army personnel with minimum 10 years continuous service in the Army ( Submit Certificate No 1 ) .
- Children of ex Army personnel granted / awarded regular pension, liberalized family pension, family pension or disability pension at the time of their superannuation, demise, discharge, release medical board / invalid medical board. This includes wards of recruits medically boarded out and granted isability pension ( Submit Certificate No 1 ) .
- Children of ex Army personnel who have taken discharge or released after ten years of service ( Submit Certificate No 1 ) .
Adopted / Step children and children of Remarried Widows :
- Adopted Child of Army personnel if adopted at least five years prior to seeking admission ( Submit Certificate No 2 ) .
- Step Children are eligible provided they are born from a wedding where at least one parent belonged to the Army who is otherwise eligible ( Submit Certificate No 2 ) .
Note : Wards of personnel who are serving / have served only DSC / Assam Rifles / BSF / Indian Navy / Indian Air force / GREF / Defence Civilians are not eligible for admission to AIT.
Eligibility Criteria in Special Cases.
Eligibility Criteria for Wards of Ex Army Medical Corps Officers / Army Dental Corps Officers presently serving with Indian Navy or Indian Air Force ( IN / IAF ) . Wards of only those ex Army medical officers / Army Dental Corps officers presently serving with Indian Navy or Indian Air Force who have served with the Army for atleast 10 years ( Submit Certificate No 3 ) .
Eligibility Criteria for Children of APS / MNS / TA Personnel
- Children of APS personnel classified as ex- servicemen as per Govt of India, Ministry of Defence letter No 9 ( 52 ) / 88 / D ( Res ) dated 19th July, 1989.
- Children of those APS personnel who are on deputation and who have put in 10 years of service in the Army.
- Children of APS personnel, who are directly recruited into APS who have competed 10 years of service and of those who as per their terms and conditions of service, retired from APS without reversion to P&T Department after completing their minimum pensionable service of which 10 years was in the Army.
- Children of only those members of MNS who have 10 years service as regular members of MNS or are in receipt of pension from the Army.
- Children of only those TA personnel who have completed 10 years of embodied service
AIT 2017 Academic Qualifications and Criteria
The following qualifications must be met by the applicant applying for admission into AIT :
Minimum ( Qualifying Exam ) : The applicant must have passed the ( 10+2 ) CBSE exam or the Indian School Certificate ( 10+2 or XII ) ISC exam or its equivalent Higher Secondary ( Std XII ) Certificate Exam from a recognised Board / University with English, Physics and Maths as compulsory subjects.
Subject combination requirement : The candidate must have passed / appeared Class XII or equivalent with compulsory subjects as Physics and Mathematics alongwith one of the Chemistry / Biotechnology / Biology / Technical Vocational Subject*. Candidate should obtain at least 50% in the above combination subjects. This is subject to directions from AICTE / Government of Maharashtra / Savitribai Phule Pune University.
AIT 2017 Admission Criteria
Admission to AIT is on the basis of All India Rank obtained in the Joint Entrance Exam (JEE) Main – 2017. The AIT Application Form must be accompanied with photocopy of JEE Main Admit Card/Hall Ticket. For application forms and the information bulletin candidates are advised to visit JEE (Main) website email@example.com. AIT does not deal with distribution of JEE Main forms and queries if any. Details may be obtained from following address :
JEE (Main) Secretariat,
Central Board of Secondary Education,
PS-1-2, Institutional Area, I.P.Extn. Patparganj,
AIT 2017 Study and Seats
AIT offers four year B.E. courses in the following branches :
- Computer Engineering – 120 seats
- Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering – 60 seats
- Mechanical Engineering – 60 seats
- Information Technology – 60 seats