Dhirubhai Ambani Institute of Information and Communication Technology – DAIICT 2017
DAIICT, a University established under an Act of Gujarat State Legislature (Act No.6 of 2003) and recognized by the University Grants Commission (UGC), Government of India announces admissions for B Tech (ICT) and B Tech (Honors in ICT with minor in Computational Science) Programs for year 2017 – 2018.
DAIICT Admission 2017 is based on JEE Main Scores.
DAIICT 2017 Admission to UG Programs
- B.Tech Information and Communication Technology ( ICT )
- B.Tech ( Honours in ICT with minor in Computational Science )
DAIICT 2017 Eligibility Criteria
DA-IICT is a University established under an Act of Gujarat State Legislature ( Act No. 6 of 2003 ). It is also UGC recognized statutory university and it has announced admissions to the thirteenth batch ( 2013 Batch ) of its B Tech ( Information and Communication Technology ) ( ICT ) program and first batch ( 2013 batch ) of BTech ( Honours in ICT with minor in Computational Science ).
Eligibility for Indian Students :
The minimum academic qualification for admission to the programs is that the candidate must have passed in final examination of 10+2 ( Class XII ) or its equivalent referred to as the qualifying examination ( mentioned below ). The candidate must have passed in final examination of 10+2 ( Class XII ) or its equivalent with Mathematics, Physics and any one of Chemistry / Bio-technology / Computer Science / Biology.
Candidates appearing in the qualifying examination in 2017 are also eligible to apply for consideration of provisional admission. All candidates who are offered provisional admission will be required to produce the proof of having passed the qualifying examination ( 10+2 examination or equivalent ) to the Institute latest by 30th October, 2017, failing which the provisional admission will stand cancelled.
If a candidate is found ineligible at a later date, even after admission to DA-IICT, her / his admission will be cancelled. All admissions will be subject to verification of facts from the original testimonials / certificates / documents of the candidates. The decision of the competent authority at DA-IICT regarding eligibility of any candidate shall be final.
A list of qualifying examinations is given below :
- The final examination of the 10+2 system, conducted by any recognized Central / State Board, such as Central Board of Secondary Education, New Delhi; Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations, New Delhi; etc.
- Intermediate or two-year Pre-University examination conducted by a recognized Board/University.
- Final examination of the two-year course of the Joint Services Wing of the National Defence Academy.
- Senior Secondary School Examination conducted by the National Institute of Open Schooling with a minimum of five subjects.
- Any Public School / Board / University examination in India or in any foreign country recognized as equivalent to the 10+2 system by the Association of Indian Universities ( AIU ).
- H.S.C. vocational examination.
- A Diploma recognized by AICTE or a State Board of Technical Education of at least 3 year duration.
- General Certificate Education ( GCE ) examination ( London / Cambridge / Sri Lanka ) at the Advanced (A) level.
- High School Certificate Examination of the Cambridge University or International Baccalaureate Diploma of the International Baccalaureate Office, Geneva.
Date of Birth :
Only those candidates whose date of birth falls on or after 01 October 1992 are eligible. Date of birth as recorded in the 10th or 12th standard certificate, as issued by the Board / University only, will be taken as authentic. Candidates must produce this certificate in original as proof of their age at the time of counselling.
DAIICT 2017 Number of Seats
The intakes of the Programs are as under :
- BTech ( Information and Communication Technology ( ICT ) – 240
- BTech ( Honours in ICT with minor in Computational Science ) – 60
Gujarat Category : 50% of seats are reserved for candidates who have passed the Qualifying Examination from the schools located in the State of Gujarat. These seats are to be filled in through the Admission Committee for Professional Courses ( ACPC ), Gujarat.
All India Category : The remaining fifty per cent will be filled in directly by DAIICT.
All India Category candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe will be admitted on relaxed criteria as compared to the general category candidates. In case some of the reserved seats are not filled in, the unfilled seats will be transferred to the general category. For Gujarat Category, ACPC will follow its own policy in this regard.
The DA-IICT reserves the right to change the eligibility, number of seats, admission policy and procedures etc., without any prior Notice.
DAIICT 2017 Selection Procedure
Admission to the above programs will be based on the All India Rank of Joint Entrance Examination 2017 ( JEE-2017 ) Main, which is conducted by CBSE. Therefore, candidates who are appearing for JEE 2017 Main can only apply for these programs.
The short-listed candidates, will be offered admission ( confirmed / waitlisted ) in order of their merit ( based on the All India Ranking of JEE 2017 ).
DAIICT 2017 Eligibility Criteria
Eligibility for Foreign Nationals :
NRI & Foreign Students
Eligibility for applying under Direct Admission of Foreign and NRI Students ( DAFS ) category For the purpose of admission to B. Tech programs, the following categories of applicants will be considered as Non Resident Indians :
- Overseas Citizen of India ( OCI ) card holders;
- Persons of Indian Origin ( PIO ) card holders ;
- Certificates of Non Resident Indian issued by the Indian Embassy / Indian Consulate of the Country where the Non Resident Indian is residing;
- Passport of an applicant indicating his status as ‘Non Resident Indian’.
- Persons who have studied outside India and have passed either 10th or 12th standard ( or must be appearing for in 2017 ) or equivalent from any system of education subject to the stipulated below.
- Either of the parent of the applicant residing abroad and submits documentary proof that he / she is a Non Resident Indian ( e.g. NRI bank account in India ). The NRI status should be valid until 1st August, 2017.
‘Foreign National’ ( FN ) in this context means an individual having citizenship of a foreign country ( citizens of all countries other than India ) and not having the status of ‘NRI.’.
- Only those candidates whose date of birth is on or after 01 October 1992 are eligible. Date of birth as recorded in the Education Board / University Certificate only will be taken as authentic. Candidates must produce the relevant certificate, in original, as a proof of their age at the time of registration for first semester, failing which they will be disqualified.
- Candidates must have passed ( or must be appearing for in the year 2017 ) the qualifying examination, i.e. 12th standard or equivalent from any system of education as recognized by the Association of Indian University ( AIU ), New Delhi in Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry / Computer Science / Biotechnology / Biology and must have secured a minimum GPA of 6 on a 10-point scale, if grades are awarded. In case marks are awarded, candidates must have secured at least 60% aggregate in Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry / Computer Science / Biotechnology / Biology of the qualifying examination.
- Candidates, who are appearing in the qualifying examination in the year 2017, will be considered for provisional admission based on the submission of transcripts of their 11th standard and the first semester of their 12th standard. These submitted transcripts should be certified by their school. All such candidates will be required to produce the proof of having passed the qualifying examination ( 12th standard or equivalent ) to the Institute latest by 31 October 2017 failing which such provisional admission will stand cancelled.
- B.Tech ( ICT ) : 24
- B Tech ( Honors in ICT with minor in CS ) : 6
The DA – IICT reserves the right to change the eligibility, number of seats, admission policy and procedures etc., without any prior notice
DAIICT 2017 Selection Procedure
Admission will be granted based on the :
- Performance in the 12th standard or equivalent examination.
- SAT Subject Tests ( formerly SAT II ) of Physics, Mathematics ( Chemistry will also be encouraged ). OR AP tests at A-levels in Physics, Mathematics ( Chemistry will also be encouraged ). OR All India Rank of Joint Entrance Examination 2017 ( JEE-2017 ) Main conducted by CBSE. OR Equivalent standard examination of United Kingdom ( UK ) education system in Physics, Mathematics Chemistry will also be encouraged ).
- Candidates will have to e-mail the scanned copy of following documents directly to international_students[at]daiict[dot]ac[dot]in by due date.
- SAT / AP / JEE Mains Test scores
- 12th standard or equivalent scores.
Students whose 12th standard or equivalent scores are not available will have to e-mail copies of their last two years transcripts ( 11th standard and first semester of their 12th standard ) certified by their school.