Delhi University Combined Engineering Entrance Exam – Delhi CEE 2011 Admission Procedure
(a) The admission to the B.E. Courses will be made centrally by Delhi College of Engineering / NSIT for both the Institutions i.e. Delhi College of Engineering and Netaji Subhas Institute of Technology.
The Delhi College of Engineering / NSIT will release the prospectus and common admission application form, details of which will be published by Delhi College of Engineering / NSIT sometime in the 2nd / 3rd week of June, 2011 in leading newspapers.
(b) The admission of the candidates belonging to the different regions and categories will be made as under :
- Delhi Region on the basis of the ( General / SC / ST / CW / PH Categories ) ( Combined Entrance Examination (CEE )) conducted by University of Delhi.
- Outside Delhi Region on the Basis of All India ( General / SC / ST / CW / PH Categories ) Engineering Entrance Examination (AIEEE) conducted by Central Board of Secondary Education.
- The candidates who have passed the qualifying Examination from recognized School / College / Institute located within the National Capital Territory of Delhi are eligible for admission against 85% seats reserved for Delhi Region candidates on the basis of CEE.
- The candidates who have passed the qualifying Examination from recognized School / College / Institute located outside the National Capital Territory of Delhi are eligible for admission against 15% seats reserved for Outside Delhi Region candidates on the basis of All India Merit/Rank of AIEEE.
( For those unable to appear in AIEEE on scheduled date of Examination for any reason, no re – examination shall be held under any circumstances ).
(c) The candidates who want to seek admission in DCE and NSIT on the basis of merit in CEE – 2011 / AIEEE – 2011 should submit a separate application form for Counselling to the Delhi College of Engineering / NSIT to be notified after declaration of the CEE – 2011 result. They should indicate their rank in the respective category at the CEE / AIEEE in the appropriate column.
- For General / SC / ST / CW Candidates
In case two candidates have the same marks at the CEE – 2011, the marks obtained in Qualifying Examination in subjects of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics taken together with equal weightage will be the basis of merit for admission. In the event of marks of PCM being equal, the candidate born earlier will be given preference.
- For Physically Handicapped Candidates
As per details in Appendix “X” For further details about admission, the Delhi College of Engineering / NSIT prospectus may be consulted.
(d) The admission to B.E. Courses under CW / PH Categories ( for Delhi Region ) will be made through CEE. All such candidates who are applying under CW / PH Categories will have to appear in Combined Entrance Examination – 2011. A separate CEE merit list will be prepared for CW / PH Categories as is done for General, SC and ST Categories.
(e) The schedule of counselling will be notified in the prospectus of Delhi College of Engineering / NSIT. However, all admissions in Delhi College of Engineering and Netaji Subhas Institute of Technology will close on Last Week of August.
(f) The candidates are entirely responsible to prove their eligibility for admission to B.E. courses at the time of counselling. All admissions will be subject to verification of facts from the original certificates / documents of the candidate.
The various terms and conditions mentioned in the Bulletin of Information are subject to changes made in the Ordinances, Rules and Regulations of the University from time to time as per the decision of the Academic / Executive Council.
Appearance of the candidate in the Combined Entrance Examination is provisional subject to his / her being found otherwise eligible for admission to the course concerned. In case any candidate is found to have furnished false information or certificate etc. or is found to have withheld or concealed any material information in his / her application, he / she will be debarred from admission.
If an applicant is found to be ineligible at a later date even after admission to an Institute, his / her admission will be cancelled.
(g) The candidate must come for counselling in person or through her representative alongwith the documents mentioned below. In case the candidate or his / her repesentative does not appear before the B.E. Admission Committee 2011 for counselling on the specified date and time, his / her name will not be considered further for admission and the seat shall be offered to the next candidate in merit.
- The Admit Card of CEE – 2011 / AIEEE – 2011.
- The Original and attested copy of marksheet of the qualifying examination as given in Clause 1.2.1.
- The Original and attested copies of certificate and marksheet of High School or equivalent examination.
- The original certificate and attested copy for the reserved category, if other than the General Category.
- Medical fitness certificate in case of General / SC / ST / CW.
- For admission to seat reserved for Physically Handicapped category, a certificate of physical disability issued by a duly notified Medical Board of a District / Government Hospital set up for examining the physically challenged candidates under the provisions of the persons with disability ( equal opportunities, protection of rights and full participation ) Act 1995. The certificate should indicate the extent of ( i.e. percentage ) of the physical handicap and it should bear the photograph of the candidate concerned and it should be countersigned by one of the Doctors constituting the Board issuing the certificate.
- The decision of the Delhi University regarding the eligibility/admission of any applicant shall be final.
- Disputes, if any, arising out of or relating to any matter whatsoever, concerning the foresaid CEE – 2011 shall be subject to the exclusive Jurisdiction of Delhi.