Delhi Technological University Entrance Exam – DTU 2014
DTU Entrance Exam 2014
Delhi Technological University,
( Formerly Delhi College of Engineering ),
Shahbad Daulatpur, Main Bawana Road,
Delhi – 110 042.
Website : www.dtuadmissions.nic.in
Delhi Technological University invites application for admission to B.Tech. ( Evening ) Programs are of four years duration
DTU Exam Date 2014 :
|DTU 2014 Exam Date : 29th June, 2014 ( Sunday ) – 9.00 A.M. to 1.00 P.M.|
DTU 2014 Programs Offered
The following B.Tech. ( Evening ) programs are offered by the University, leading to the B.Tech. ( Evening ) Degree of Delhi Technological University.
|Programs||Branch Code||No. of Seats|
|Civil Engineering ||CECE||45|
|Mechanical Engineering ||CEME||46|
|Electrical Engineering ||CEEE||46|
|Electronics & Communication Engineering ||CEEC||45|
|Information Technology ||CEIT||30|
DTU 2014 Eligibility Criteria
(a) The candidates seeking admission to B.Tech. ( Evening ) Programs, must have passed a State Diploma Examination of three years duration in the corresponding branch or any other examination, recognized eqivalent there to by the Delhi Technological University with a minimum aggregate ( aggregate of all six semesters / three years ) of 55% ( 45% for SC / ST candidate ).
Note : “Passing the said examination” will be construed to imply the date of last examination ( Annual or otherwise taken by the candidate leading to Complete Fulfillment of the requirements for the award of three years State Board Diploma. )
Note : In case the candidate is not having Diploma in the corresponding branch, their candidature shall be examined by the Equivalence Committee constituted by Vice – Chancellor, DTU.
1. However in case of Mechanical Engineering following diploma’s are to be considered equivalent to Diploma in Mechanical Engineering awarded / recognized by State Board of Technical Education.
- Diploma in Mechanical Engineering with Specialization in any subject.
- Diploma in Production, Automobile, Aeronautical and Industrial Engineering
- Diploma from Tool Room and Training centre
- Lateral entry courses of the above specializations
2. In case of Information Technology the candidate must have three year Diploma in the IT / COE / ECE or any other examination recognized by DTU as equivalent.
- After passing the said examination, a candidate must have an experience of not less than One year as on 30th August, 2014 ( i.e. Closing date of Admission ), in full – time employment, training or apprenticeship in installation, operation and maintenance or some other recognized field of work in an approved engineering work / organization and should be presently working in the organization located in the National Capital Territory of Delhi and contiguous industrial areas i.e. Bahadurgarh, Ghaziabad, Faridabad, Sonepat, Gautam Buddha Nagar ( Noida & Gr. Noida ) and Gurgaon.
- Candidate must produce a ‘No objection certificate’ in original in the prescribed form ( Available with the application form ) from the employer, The ‘No objection certificate’ issued by the employer should be renewed annually.
Note : Please attach attested copies ( by Gazetted Officer ) of all original certificates and work experience certificates from the present and previous employers which fulfill your eligibility criteria. Applications without attested copies shall be summarily rejected without any intimation to applicants.
(c) Candidate should be 19 years of age as on 30th August, 2014 ( i.e. Closing date of Admission ). Relaxation in age up to one year only is permissible with the approval of the Vice – Chancellor. Such candidates should apply for relaxation at the time of admission.
(d) Discrepancy in fulfillment of eligibility criteria found at any stage may lead to cancellation of admission.
(e) The candidate should be an Indian national.
Note : No admission shall be made directly to the second or subsequent years of B.Tech ( Evening ) Program.
DTU 2014 Reservation of Seats
(a) The reservation in admission for all the B.Tech. ( Evening ) Programs for SC / ST / OBC shall be provided as per the policy of Government of Delhi approved by the Board of Management of DTU. 15%, 7.5%, and 27% of the total seats in each program are reserved for SC, ST and OBC category respectively. Candidates seeking admission under these categories must produce the SC / ST / OBC certificate issued by Government of NCT of Delhi.
A list of approved authorities is given below :
- District Magistrate / Additional District Magistrate / Deputy Commissioner / Collector / Additional Deputy Commissioner / Deputy Collector / I Class Stipendiary Magistrate / City Magistrate ( Not below the rank of I Class Stipendiary Magistrate ) / Sub – Divisional Magistrate / Taluka Magistrate / Executive Magistrate / Extra Assistant Commissioner.
- Chief Presidency Magistrate / Additional Chief Presidency Magistrate / Presidency Magistrate.
- Revenue Officer not below the rank of Tehsildar.
- Sub – divisional Officer of the area where candidate and / or his / her family normally reside.
- Administrator / Secretary to administrator / Development Officer ( Lakshadweep ).
(b) One seat in each program is reserved for employees of Delhi Technological University / Netaji Subhash Institute of Technology/ ITIs / Polytechnics under the direct control of Department of Technical Education, Government of NCT of Delhi. Such candidates shall also appear in the Entrance Examination and compete amongst themselves for a seat in each branch. Candidates applying for staff seat should route their applications through the Registrar, DTU / Directorate of Technical Education, Government of NCT of Delhi in the case of Polytechnics / ITIs.
(c) 3% of the total seats in each program are reserved for person with disabilities candidates.
These 3% reservations may be allocated as follows : 1% for persons with low vision of blindness, 1% for hearing impaired and 1% for those with Locomotor disabilities and / or cerebral palsy. Candidates seeking admission in PWD category shall have to appear before a medical board to be constituted by DTU.
(d) Distribution of Seats :
The distribution of seats in Open / SC / ST / OBC / PWD / Staff shall be displayed before the commencement of admission.
(e) General seats will be filled as per open rank in the merit list.
- In case of seats reserved for SC candidates mentioned at (a) are not filled due to non availability of the candidates, the seats will be transferred to ST* candidates. Similarly the ST* seats will be transferred to SC candidates, if ST* candidates are not available for admission. However, even after interchanging the seats if neither SC nor ST* candidates are available for some reserved seats, then the seats will be treated as unreserved and will be filled by the open rank candidates. In case of seats reserved for OBC candidates mentioned at (a) are not filled due to non availability of the candidates, then the seats will be treated as unreserved and will be filled by the open rank candidates.*provided ST reservation is provided as per the policy of Government of Delhi.
- In case sufficient number of eligible candidates from the categories mentioned at (b) and (c) above are not available, then the seats will be treated as unreserved in the respective branches.
Seat Matrix for DTU B.Tech. ( Evening ) Admissions 2014
DTU Related : DTU 2014 Entrance Exam, DTU 2014 Exam Date, DTU 2014 Eligibility Criteria, Delhi Technological University Entrance Exam – DTU 2014, DTU 2014 Notification, DTU 2014 Exam Schedule, DTU 2014 Online Registration, DTU 2014 Exam Details, Delhi Technological University 2014 Entrance Exam, DTU 2014 BTech Eligibility, DTU 2014 Age Limit, DTU 2014 Educational Qualification, Delhi Technological University 2014 Eligibility, DTU 2014 Information Brochure, DTU 2014 Age Requirements, Exam Date for DTU 2014, Delhi Technological University 2014 Prospectus, Delhi Technological University Exam Date 2014,
DTU Entrance Exam 2014 Delhi Technological University, ( Formerly Delhi College of Engineering ), Shahbad Daulatpur, Main Bawana Road, Delhi – 110 042. Website : www.dtuadmissions.nic.in Delhi Technological University invites application for admission to B.Tech. ( Evening ) Programs are … Continue reading
Posted In engineering entrance exam : dtu : Leave a response for delhi technological university entrance exam – dtu 2014 by amala