GATE Entrance Exam 2018
Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering ( GATE ) is an examination conducted jointly by the Indian Institute of Science ( IISc ), Bangalore and the seven Indian Institutes of Technology ( at Bombay, Delhi, Guwahati, Kanpur, Kharagpur, Madras and Roorkee ) on behalf of the National Coordination Board ( NCB ) – GATE, Department of Higher Education, Ministry of Human Resource Development ( MHRD ), Government of India.
Qualifying in GATE is a mandatory requirement for seeking admission and /or financial assistance to : (i) Master’s programs and direct Doctoral programs in Engineering / Technology /Architecture and (ii) Doctoral programs in relevant branches of Science, in the institutions supported by the MHRD and other Government agencies. Even in some colleges and institutions, which admit students without MHRD scholarship /assistantship, the GATE qualification is mandatory. Further, many Public Sector Undertakings ( PSUs ) have been using the GATE score in their recruitment process.
About GATE 2018
Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering ( GATE ) is basically an examination on the comprehensive understanding of the candidates in various undergraduate subjects in Engineering / Technology /Architecture and post-graduate level subjects in Science. GATE 2018 will be conducted for 23 subjects ( also referred to as “papers” ) and it would be distributed over 3rd, 4th, 10th & 11th of February, 2018. The GATE examination centres are spread in differentcities across India, as well as, at six cities abroad. It would purely be a Computer Based Test ( CBT ).
The GATE score would reflect the relative performance level of the candidate in aparticular subject, which is quantified based on the several years of examination data. Note thatthe GATE 2018 score is valid for THREE YEARS from the date of announcement of the results.
GATE is administered jointly by the Indian Institute of Science ( IISc ), Bangalore andseven Indian Institutes of Technology ( namely, IITs at Bombay, Delhi, Guwahati, Kanpur,Kharagpur, Madras and Roorkee ). The GATE Committee, which comprises of representatives
from the administering institutes, is the sole authority for regulating the examination and fordeclaring the results. For administrative purposes, the examination cities in India are segregatedinto eight zones. The operations related to GATE, in each of the eight zones, are managed by aZonal GATE Office at the administering institute ( IIT or IISc ).
One of the administering institutes is designated as the Organizing Institute ( OI ), and it would be responsible for the end-to-end process, as well as, the overall coordination amongst the administering institutes for conducting GATE. The Organizing Institute for GATE 2018 is Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati (IITG).
GATE 2018 is conducted through the collaboration of eight zones. The zones and the corresponding administrative institutes are :
The zones and the corresponding administrative institutes are :
- Zone – 1 : Indian Institute of Science Bamgalore
- Zone – 2 : Indian Institute of Technology Bombay
- Zone – 3 : Indian Institute of Technology Delhi
- Zone – 4 : Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati
- Zone – 5 : Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur
- Zone – 6 : Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur
- Zone – 7 : Indian Institute of Technology Madras
- Zone – 8 : Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee
To know more about GATE Entrance Exam Click Here
GATE 2018 Eligibility
Before starting the application process, the candidate must ensure that he / she meets the educational eligibility criteria of GATE 2018.
Eligibility Criteria for GATE 2018 :
The categories of candidates eligible to appear for GATE 2018 are given in Table below.
|Qualifying Degree||Qualifying Degree / Examination ( Descriptive )||Description of Eligible Candidates||Year of qualification cannot be later than|
|B.E. / B.Tech. / B.Pharm.||Bachelor’s degree in Engineering / Technology ( 4 years after 10+2 or 3 years after Diploma in Engineering / Technology )||Currently in the final year or already completed||2018|
|B. Arch.||Bachelor’s degree in Architecture ( Five years course )||Currently in the final year or already completed||2018|
|B.Sc. ( Research ) / B.S.||Bachelor’s degree in Science ( Post - Diploma / 4 years after 10+2 )||Currently in the 4th year or already completed||2018|
|M. Sc. / M.A. / MCA or equivalent||Master’s degree in any branch of Science / Mathematics / Statistics / Computer Applications or equivalent||Currently in the final year or already completed||2018|
|Int. M.E / M.Tech ( Post - B.Sc. )||Post - BSc Integrated Master’s degree programs in Engineering / Technology ( Four year program )||Currently in the 2nd / 3rd / 4th year or already completed||2019|
|Int. M.E. / M.Tech or Dual Degree ( after Diploma or 10+2 )||Integrated Master’s degree program or Dual Degree program in Engineering / Technology ( Five year program )||Currently in the 4th / 5th year or already completed||2019|
|Int. M.Sc / Int. B.Sc / M.Sc.||Integrated M.Sc. or Five year integrated B.Sc / M. Sc. program||Currently in the final year or already completed||2018|
|Professional Society Examination ( equivalent to B.E. / B.Tech. / B.Arch. )||B.E. / B.Tech. / B.Arch. equivalent examinations, of Professional Societies, recognized by MHRD / UPSC / AICTE ( e.g., AMIE by Institution of Engineers - India, AMICE by the Institute of Civil Engineers - India )||Completed section A or equivalent of such professional courses||NA|
Candidates who have obtained / are pursuing their qualifying degree from countries other than India: i) must have completed or are in the final year of their Bachelor’s degree ( duration: at least 4 years ) in Engineering / Technology or; ii) must have completed or are in the final year of their Post Graduate ( Master’s ) degree ( duration: at least 2 years ) in any relevant subjects in science.
Note : If a candidate is pursuing any higher degree or has already obtained a degree higher than that mentioned in the Table, the candidate should select the minimum required qualifying degree while filling the application form.
Documents Required in Support of Eligibility ( Eligibility Documents ) :
- In case the candidate has already passed ( in 2017 or earlier ) one of the qualifying examinations listed in Table, he /she has to submit (i.e. upload ) the degree certificate / provisional certificate / course completion certificate / professional certificate / membership certificate issued by the institute or society.
- In case, the candidate is expected to complete one of the qualifying criteria specified in Table, he / she has to upload a Certificate from the Head of the Department /Institute or a copy of marksheet for Section A of AMIE. This certificate must mandatorily have the signature and seal of the Head of Institute /Department with current date.
Note : Eligibility Document, as applicable, has to be uploaded only while filling the online application and NOT to be sent by post.
To know more about GATE Eligibility Click Here
GATE 2018 Exam Pattern
GATE 2018 examination will be conducted for 23 papers ( subjects ) as listed in Table. A candidate can appear for only one of the 23 GATE papers. The examination for all the papers will be conducted in an ONLINE Computer Based Test ( CBT ) mode where the candidates will be shown the questions on a computer screen.
GATE Entrance Exam Papers :
GATE 2018 examination for all the papers shall be conducted in online mode Only ( Computer Based Test ).
GATE 2018 will be conducted on 23 subjects ( papers ). A candidate is allowed to appear in ONLY ONE paper in any ONE SESSION.
The syllabus for each of the papers is given on GATE website www.gate.iitg.ac.in. Making a choice of the appropriate paper in the GATE application is the responsibility of the candidate. Some guidelines in this respect are suggested below.
Candidates are expected to appear in a paper appropriate to the discipline of their qualifying degree. However, candidates are free to choose any one of the GATE 2018 papers as per their admission or employment plan, while keeping in mind the eligibility criteria for the institutions in which they wish to seek admission / employment. For more details regarding the admission criteria in any particular institute, the candidate is advised to refer to the website of that institute.
Candidates must learn about the paper code of their choice, as this information is essential during making the application, as well as, during the examination. As the candidates are permitted to appear in ONLY ONE of the 23 papers of the GATE 2018, they should make their choice ( of the paper ), with due care.
After submission of application, any change of paper is NOT permitted.
If a candidate makes more than one application for the same paper, he / she will be allowed to appear in any one session ONLY. One of the duplicate / triplicate applications will be considered and the remaining applications will be rejected without any refund of application fee.
|GATE Paper||Code||GATE Paper||Code|
|Aerospace Engineering||AE||Geology and Geophysics||GG|
|Agricultural Engineering||AG||Instrumentation Engineering||IN|
|Architecture and Planning||AR||Mathematics||MA|
|Civil Engineering||CE||Mining Engineering||MN|
|Chemical Engineering||CH||Metallurgical Engineering||MT|
|Computer Science and Information Technology||CS||Petroleum Engineering||PE|
|Electronics and Communication Engineering||EC||Production and Industrial Engineering||PI|
|Electrical Engineering||EE||Textile Engineering and Fibre Science||TF|
|Ecology and Evolution||EY||Engineering Sciences||XE*|
Examination Duration :
All the papers of the GATE 2018 examination will be for 3 hours duration and they consist of 65 questions for a total of 100 marks. Since the examination is an ONLINE computer based test, at the end of the stipulated time ( 3-hours ), computer will automatically close the screen inhibiting any further action.
Candidates will be permitted to occupy their allotted seats 40 minutes before the scheduled start of the examination. Candidates can login and start reading the instructions 20 minutes before the start of examination. Candidate will NOT be permitted to enter the examination hall after 09:30 hours in the forenoon session and after 14:30 hours in the afternoon session. Candidates will NOT be permitted to leave the examination hall
before the end of the examination.
Pattern of Questions
GATE 2018 would contain questions of two different types in all the papers :
Multiple Choice Questions ( MCQ ) :
- Multiple Choice Questions ( MCQ ) carrying 1 or 2 marks each in all the papers and sections. These questions are objective in nature, and each will have a choice of four answers, out of which the candidate has to select ( mark ) the correct answer.
- Negative Marking for Wrong Answers : For a wrong answer chosen in a MCQ, there will be negative marking. For 1-mark MCQ, 1/3 mark will be deducted for a wrong answer. Likewise, for 2-mark MCQ, 2/3 mark will be deducted for a wrong answer.
Numerical Answer Type ( NAT ) :
- Numerical Answer Type ( NAT ) Questions carrying 1 or 2 marks each in all the papers and sections. For these questions, the answer is a signed real number, which needs to be entered by the candidate using the virtual numeric keypad on the monitor ( keyboard of the computer will be disabled ). No choices will be shown for these type of questions. The answer can be a number such as 10 or -10 ( an integer only ). The answer may be in decimals as well, for example, 10.1 ( one decimal ) or 10.01 ( two decimals ) or -10.001 ( three decimals ). These questions will be mentioned with, up to which decimal places, the candidates need to make an answer. Also, an appropriate range will be considered while evaluating the numerical answer type questions so that the candidate is not penalized due to the usual round-off errors. Wherever required and possible, it is better to give NAT answer up to a maximum of three decimal places.
- There is NO negative marking for a wrong answer in NAT questions.
- In all the papers, there will be a total of 65 questions carrying 100 marks, out of which 10 questions carrying a total of 15 marks will be on General Aptitude (GA), which is intended to test the Language and Analytical Skills.
- In the papers bearing the codes AE, AG, BT, CE, CH, CS, EC, EE, IN, ME, MN, MT, PE, PI, TF and XE, the Engineering Mathematics will carry around 15% of the total marks, the General Aptitude section will carry 15% of the total marks and the remaining 70% of the total
marks is devoted to the subject of the paper.
- In the papers bearing the codes AR, CY, EY, GG, MA, PH and XL, the General Aptitude section will carry 15% of the total marks and the remaining 85% of the total marks is devoted to the subject of the paper.
Marking Scheme – Marks and Questions Distribution :
General Aptitude ( GA ) Questions
In all papers, GA questions carry a total of 15 marks. The GA section includes 5 questions carrying 1-mark each (sub-total 5 marks) and 5 questions carrying 2-marks each ( sub- total 10 marks ).
Question Papers other than GG, XE and XL
These papers would contain 25 questions carrying 1-mark each ( sub-total 25 marks ) and 30 questions carrying 2-marks each (sub-total 60 marks) consisting of both the MCQ and NAT Questions.
GG ( Geology and Geophysics ) Paper
Apart from the General Aptitude ( GA ) section, the GG question paper consists of two parts: Part A and Part B. Part A is compulsory for all the candidates. Part B contains two sections: Section 1 ( Geology ) and Section 2 ( Geophysics ). Candidates will have to attempt questions in Part A and questions in either Section 1 or Section 2 of Part B.
Part A consists of 25 questions carrying 1-mark each ( sub-total 25 marks and some of these may be numerical answer type questions ). Either section of Part B ( Section 1 and Section 2 ) consists of 30 questions carrying 2-marks each ( sub-total 60 marks and some of these may be numerical answer type questions ).
XE Paper ( Engineering Sciences )
A candidate appearing in the XE paper has to answer the following :
- GA – General Aptitude carrying a total of 15 marks.
- Section A – Engineering Mathematics ( Compulsory ) : This section contains 11 questions carrying a total of 15 marks: 7 questions carrying 1-mark each ( sub-total 7 marks ), and 4 questions carrying 2-marks each ( sub-total 8 marks ). Some questions may be of numerical answer type.
- Any two of XE Sections B to H : The choice of two sections from B to H can be made during the examination after viewing the questions. Only TWO optional sections can be answered at a time. A candidate wishing to change midway of the examination to another optional section must first choose to deselect one of the previously chosen optional sections (B to H). Each of the optional sections of the XE paper (Sections B through H) contains 22 questions carrying a total of 35 marks: 9 questions carrying 1-mark each ( sub-total 9 marks ) and 13 questions carrying 2-marks each ( sub-total 26 marks ). Some questions may be of numerical answer type.
XL Paper ( Life Sciences )
A candidate appearing in the XL paper has to answer the following :
- GA – General Aptitude carrying a total of 15 marks.
- Section P – Chemistry ( Compulsory ) : This section contains 15 questions carrying a total of 25 marks : 5 questions carrying 1-mark each (sub-total 5 marks) and 10 questions carrying 2-marks each ( sub-total 20 marks ). Some questions may be of numerical answer type.
- Any two of XL Sections Q to U : The choice of two sections from Q to U can be made during the examination after viewing the questions. Only TWO optional sections can be answered at a time. A candidate wishing to change midway of the examination to another optional section must first choose to deselect one of the previously chosen optional sections ( Q to U ). Each of the optional sections of the XL paper ( Sections Q through U ) contains 20 questions carrying a total of 30 marks: 10 questions carrying 1-mark each ( sub-total 10 marks ) and 10 questions carrying 2-marks each ( sub-total 20 marks ). Some questions may be of numerical answer type.
To know more about GATE Exam Pattern Click Here
GATE 2018 Application Form
GATE Online Application Processing Website Opens on 1st September, 2017 ( Friday ).
GATE 2018 Online Application Form is available on the official website http://www.gate.iitg.ac.in.
GATE 2018 Application Process :
Application for GATE 2018 must be submitted ONLINE ( through GOAPS website, http://appsgate.iitg.ac.in ) by paying necessary application fee. For GATE 2018, all information related to the application process will be available in the GOAPS website.
The photograph, signature, certificate of qualifying degree, category certificate ( SC / ST / PwD ) and / or Dyslexic certificate, wherever applicable, must be uploaded during the online application. Candidates must enter the ID number specified in any one of the following IDs: Passport, PAN Card, Voter ID, Aadhaar-UID, College ID, Employee ID and Driving License. The candidates who do not possess any of these identity cards, may please procure any one of them before making the application.
GATE Online Application Processing System ( GOAPS ) :
GOAPS : http://appsgate.iitg.ac.in is the webpage / web address of the GATE Online Application Processing System ( GOAPS ).
GOAPS also provides an online interface to the candidate for interacting with the GATE administration. With this interface, a candidate can :
- Apply for the examination online.
- Upload photograph, signature and other documents like qualifying degree certificate / Certificate from the Head of the Department / Institute and category certificate ( SC / ST / PwD ) and / or Dyslexic certificate as applicable.
- Pay the application fee through any of the electronic payment modes.
- Check the Status of your application form : Received, Under Scrutiny, Accepted, Defect Status, Status after Rectification, Rejected with Valid Reasons, Admit Card Ready for Download, etc.
- Download Admit Card.
- View your answers, marks and GATE score.
The login to this interface is through your GOAPS Enrolment ID and a GOAPS password. Keep this information safe and do not disclose it to anyone.
GATE 2018 Application Fee & Payment Options :
All candidates have to apply only ONLINE. Details of the application fee. The application fee is non – refundable.
The application fee is NEITHER refundable NOR transferable. Payments have to be made online by using either net banking or debit card or credit card. As per the prevailing norms, additional online transaction charges or bank charges can be applicable. These charges will be specified on the payment portal.
Details of application fee for GATE 2018
- Women Candidates : 750/
- SC / ST / PwD category candidates : 750/-
- All other candidates : 1500/-
* PwD : Person with Physically Challenged.
Note : The application fee mentioned above DOES NOT INCLUDE service charges, processing fees and any other charges that the banks may levy.
GATE 2018 Application Fee Payment Options :
From the GOAPS portal, the candidate will be redirected to the payment gateway webpage, which provides the payment options. The fee can be paid with net-banking or debit / credit card.
The fee amount and bank charges will be shown to you, and you will have to confirm that the payment is for GATE 2018. Once you confirm and the payment is successful, you will be redirected back to the GOAPS website, from where you will be able to download the pdf copy of application form by clicking “Download Application Form” button.
If you have a difficulty ( due to internet connection or power failure problems, for example ), and you are not sure whether your payment has been processed or not, then please login back to GOAPS after some time and check the status of the payment.
You can also check the status of transaction from your bank account. In case, the fee amount has been debited (deducted) from your bank account, but GOAPS does not acknowledge any fee payment, then the money will be credited back to your account. However, this may take a week or more, after the closure of the application process.
In such a situation, you may initiate a fresh payment on GOAPS without waiting for the money to be credited back to your account. This will ensure that your application submission will be on time ( within the deadline ).
Before submitting the GATE 2018 Application Form, please ensure that all the details and all the necessary supporting documents are filled / uploaded and there is NO ERROR in that process. An application once submitted CANNOT be changed / rectified. As a checklist the candidate MUST verify that he / she has filled in and uploaded the following information, whichever is applicable :
- Personal information ( name, date of birth, personal mobile number, parent’s/guardian’s name, parent’s/guardian’s mobile number, etc. ).
- Address for Communication ( including PIN code ).
- Eligibility degree details ( College address, PIN code of college ).
- Eligibility documents required to appear in GATE 2018 ( e.g., degree certificate, Certificate from the Head of the Department / Institute, etc. ).
- Category certificate ( SC / ST / PwD ) in case a concession in application fee is claimed.
- Good quality image of a recent photograph conforming to the requirements specified.
- Good quality image of signature conforming to the requirements specified.
- Details of the same valid ID Proof that will be carried to the examination hall.
Important : It is essential that the candidate fills-in the details in GOAPS without ANY ERROR. The application is liable to be REJECTED if there is any error.
GATE 2018 Admit Card
- The Admit Card for GATE 2018 will be available ONLY on GOAPS website. A candidate has to download his / her Admit Card from this website. The Admit Card would be available for download, tentatively from 5th January, 2018. Note that the Admit Cards will NOT be sent to the candidates by post / e-mail.
- Candidates must bring a print-out of the downloaded Admit Card to the Examination for the verification along with the original and valid photo Identity Document ( NO photocopy / scanned copy / NOT an expired document ), which was specified during the filling up of the online application ( for example: Passport, PAN card, Voter ID, Aadhaar-UID, College ID, Employee ID and Driving License )
- The Admit Card is valid if and ONLY if the candidate’s photograph and signature images are clear and legible. The photograph on the Admit Card and that in the valid photo identity document should match with the appearance of the candidate on the day of examination. To ensure this, print the Admit Card on an A4 sized paper using a laser printer, preferably a color printer. Both, the GATE 2018 Admit Card and the Original ID proof are essential for entry into the examination hall.
To know more about GATE Application Form Click Here
GATE 2018 Exam Cities
Tentative list of the cities ( zone-wise ) in which GATE 2018 examination is planned to be held. Also given in the table are the details of the Zonal GATE Offices.
|Zone No||Zonal GATE Office||Tentative List of Examination Cities/Towns*|
Bengaluru - 560 012
|Ananthapuramu, Angamaly, Bagalkot, Ballari (Bellary), Belagavi (Belgaum), Bengaluru, Bidar, Davanagere, Hassan, Hubballi (Hubli), Hyderabad, Kalaburagi (Gulbarga), Kannur, Kasaragod, Kolar, Kozhikode, Kurnool, Malappuram, Mangaluru, Manipal, Mysuru (Mysore), Palakkad, Payyanur, Port Blair, Shivamogga (Shimoga), Thrissur, Tumakuru, Vatakara|
|2||IIT Bombay, Powai,|
Mumbai - 400 076
|Ahmedabad, Ahmednagar, Amravati, Anand, Aurangabad, Baramati, Bhavnagar, Bhuj, Gandhinagar, Goa, Jalgaon, Kankavli, Kolhapur, Mehsana, Mumbai, Nagpur, Nanded, Nashik, Navi Mumbai, Pune, Rajkot, Ratnagiri, Sangli, Satara, Solapur, Surat, Thane, Vadodara|
|3||IIT Delhi, HauzKhas,|
New Delhi – 110 016
|Ajmer, Alwar, Bahadurgarh-Rohtak, Bikaner, Faridabad, Greater NOIDA, Gurugram, Hisar, Indore, Jaipur, Jammu, Jodhpur, Karnal, Kota, Mathura, New Delhi, Palwal, Samba, Sikar, Udaipur, Ujjain|
Guwahati – 781039
Website : www.gate.iitg.ac.in
|Agartala, Asansol-Durgapur, Burdwan, Dhanbad, Dibrugarh, Gangtok, Guwahati, Imphal, Itanagar, Jorhat, Kalyani, Muzaffarpur, Patna, Shillong, Silchar, Siliguri, Tezpur|
Kanpur – 208 016
|Agra, Aligarh, Allahabad, Bareilly, Bhopal, Gorakhpur, Gwalior, Jabalpur, Kanpur, Lucknow, Varanasi|
Kharagpur – 721 302
|Balasore, Berhampur (Odisha), Bhilai, Bhimavaram, Bhubaneswar, Bilaspur (CG), Cuttack, Eluru, Hooghly, Jamshedpur, Kakinada (Surampalem), Kharagpur, Kolkata, Raipur, Rajamahendravaram (Rajahmundry), Ranchi, Rourkela, Sambalpur, Tadepalligudem, Vijayawada, Visakhapatnam, Vizianagaram|
Chennai – 600 036
|Alappuzha, Aluva, Attingal, Bapatla, Chengannur, Chennai, Chittoor, Coimbatore, Cuddalore, Dindigul, Ernakulam, Erode-Thiruchengode, Gudur, Guntur, Idukki, Kadapa, Kanjirapally, Kanyakumari- Nagercoil, Karimnagar, Karur, Khammam, Kollam, Kothamangalam, Kottayam, Madurai, Muvattupuzha, Nalgonda, Namakkal, Nedumangad, Nellore, Ongole, Pala, Puducherry (Pondicherry), Punalur, Salem, Thanjavur, Thiruvananthapuram, Thiruvannamalai, Tiruchirapalli, Tirunelveli, Tirupati, Tuticorin, Vellore, Villupuram, Virudhunagar, Warangal|
Roorkee – 247 667
|Ambala, Amritsar, Baddi (HP), Bathinda, Bhimtal, Dehradun, Ghaziabad, Haldwani, Hamirpur (HP), Jalandhar, Khanna, Kurukshetra, Ludhiana, Meerut, Mohali, Moradabad, Muzaffarnagar, NOIDA, Panipat, Pathankot, Patiala, Roorkee, Sangrur, Shimla-Solan, Sonepat, Una, Yamunanagar|
|Addis Ababa (Ethiopia), Colombo (Sri Lanka), Dhaka (Bangladesh), Dubai (UAE), Kathmandu (Nepal), Singapore|
* This is a tentative list, and any change will be updated on website : www.gate.iitg.ac.in
Choice of Examination City : The candidate can choose THREE cities from the list of examination cities given in Table. The first and second choices must be from the same GATE zone and third choice can be from any GATE zone.
If a candidate chooses a particular city ( in a particular zone ) as the first choice, then he / she will be able to choose the city of second choice ONLY from that particular zone. However, third choice can be from any one of the listed cities ( i.e., no restriction on the zone for the third choice city ). Note that, because of the operational constraints, the GATE Committee reserves the right to add a new city or remove an existing one, and allot a city that may not be from any of the choices selected by the candidate.
To know more about GATE Exam Centres Click Here
GATE Entrance Exam Syllabus 2018
To know more about GATE Syllabus Click Here
GATE 2018 Results
GATE 2018 Exam Date
GATE Entrance Exam was conducted on 3rd – 4th February, 2018 & 10th – 11th February, 2018.
GATE 2018 Result Date
GATE 2018 Entrance Exam Results has been declared
To know more about GATE Results Click Here
GATE 2018 Important Dates
|1||GATE Online Application Processing System ( GOAPS ) Website|
Opens for Enrollment, Application Filling, Application Submission
|1st September, 2017
|2||Last Date for Submission of Online Application through Website||5th October, 2017
( Thursday )
|3||Last Date for Request for Change in the Choice of Examination City via|
|17th November, 2017
|4||Availability of Admit Card on the Online Application Interface for printing||5th January, 2018
|5||GATE 2018 Examination Date||3rd February, 4th February, 2018, 10th February, 2018 & 11th February, 2018
Forenoon : 9:00 AM to 12:00 Noon
Afternoon : 2:00 PM to 5:00 PM
|6||Announcement of Results on the Online Application Website||17th March, 2018
( Saturday )
To know more about GATE Important Dates Click Here
Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati
Guwahati – 781039, Assam.
Telephone no : 0361 – 258-6500
Email : email@example.com
Website : www.gate.iitr.ernet.in