|Home Page||Entrance Exam||Eligibility||Exam Pattern|
|Important Dates||Exam Centre||Syllabus||Results|
GATE 2018 Application Form
GATE Online Application Processing Website Opens on 1st September, 2017 ( Friday ).
GATE 2018 Online Application Form is available on the official website http://www.gate.iitg.ac.in.
GATE 2018 Application Process :
Application for GATE 2018 must be submitted ONLINE ( through GOAPS website, http://appsgate.iitg.ac.in ) by paying necessary application fee. For GATE 2018, all information related to the application process will be available in the GOAPS website.
The photograph, signature, certificate of qualifying degree, category certificate ( SC / ST / PwD ) and / or Dyslexic certificate, wherever applicable, must be uploaded during the online application. Candidates must enter the ID number specified in any one of the following IDs: Passport, PAN Card, Voter ID, Aadhaar-UID, College ID, Employee ID and Driving License. The candidates who do not possess any of these identity cards, may please procure any one of them before making the application.
GATE Online Application Processing System ( GOAPS ) :
GOAPS : http://appsgate.iitg.ac.in is the webpage / web address of the GATE Online Application Processing System ( GOAPS ).
GOAPS also provides an online interface to the candidate for interacting with the GATE administration. With this interface, a candidate can :
- Apply for the examination online.
- Upload photograph, signature and other documents like qualifying degree certificate / Certificate from the Head of the Department / Institute and category certificate ( SC / ST / PwD ) and / or Dyslexic certificate as applicable.
- Pay the application fee through any of the electronic payment modes.
- Check the Status of your application form : Received, Under Scrutiny, Accepted, Defect Status, Status after Rectification, Rejected with Valid Reasons, Admit Card Ready for Download, etc.
- Download Admit Card.
- View your answers, marks and GATE score.
The login to this interface is through your GOAPS Enrolment ID and a GOAPS password. Keep this information safe and do not disclose it to anyone.
GATE 2018 Application Fee & Payment Options :
All candidates have to apply only ONLINE. Details of the application fee. The application fee is non – refundable.
The application fee is NEITHER refundable NOR transferable. Payments have to be made online by using either net banking or debit card or credit card. As per the prevailing norms, additional online transaction charges or bank charges can be applicable. These charges will be specified on the payment portal.
Details of application fee for GATE 2018
- Women Candidates : 750/
- SC / ST / PwD category candidates : 750/-
- All other candidates : 1500/-
* PwD : Person with Physically Challenged.
Note : The application fee mentioned above DOES NOT INCLUDE service charges, processing fees and any other charges that the banks may levy.
GATE 2018 Application Fee Payment Options :
From the GOAPS portal, the candidate will be redirected to the payment gateway webpage, which provides the payment options. The fee can be paid with net-banking or debit / credit card.
The fee amount and bank charges will be shown to you, and you will have to confirm that the payment is for GATE 2018. Once you confirm and the payment is successful, you will be redirected back to the GOAPS website, from where you will be able to download the pdf copy of application form by clicking “Download Application Form” button.
If you have a difficulty ( due to internet connection or power failure problems, for example ), and you are not sure whether your payment has been processed or not, then please login back to GOAPS after some time and check the status of the payment.
You can also check the status of transaction from your bank account. In case, the fee amount has been debited (deducted) from your bank account, but GOAPS does not acknowledge any fee payment, then the money will be credited back to your account. However, this may take a week or more, after the closure of the application process.
In such a situation, you may initiate a fresh payment on GOAPS without waiting for the money to be credited back to your account. This will ensure that your application submission will be on time ( within the deadline ).
Before submitting the GATE 2018 Application Form, please ensure that all the details and all the necessary supporting documents are filled / uploaded and there is NO ERROR in that process. An application once submitted CANNOT be changed / rectified. As a checklist the candidate MUST verify that he / she has filled in and uploaded the following information, whichever is applicable :
- Personal information ( name, date of birth, personal mobile number, parent’s/guardian’s name, parent’s/guardian’s mobile number, etc. ).
- Address for Communication ( including PIN code ).
- Eligibility degree details ( College address, PIN code of college ).
- Eligibility documents required to appear in GATE 2018 ( e.g., degree certificate, Certificate from the Head of the Department / Institute, etc. ).
- Category certificate ( SC / ST / PwD ) in case a concession in application fee is claimed.
- Good quality image of a recent photograph conforming to the requirements specified.
- Good quality image of signature conforming to the requirements specified.
- Details of the same valid ID Proof that will be carried to the examination hall.
Important : It is essential that the candidate fills-in the details in GOAPS without ANY ERROR. The application is liable to be REJECTED if there is any error.
GATE 2018 Admit Card
- The Admit Card for GATE 2018 will be available ONLY on GOAPS website. A candidate has to download his / her Admit Card from this website. The Admit Card would be available for download, tentatively from 5th January, 2018. Note that the Admit Cards will NOT be sent to the candidates by post / e-mail.
- Candidates must bring a print-out of the downloaded Admit Card to the Examination for the verification along with the original and valid photo Identity Document ( NO photocopy / scanned copy / NOT an expired document ), which was specified during the filling up of the online application ( for example: Passport, PAN card, Voter ID, Aadhaar-UID, College ID, Employee ID and Driving License )
- The Admit Card is valid if and ONLY if the candidate’s photograph and signature images are clear and legible. The photograph on the Admit Card and that in the valid photo identity document should match with the appearance of the candidate on the day of examination. To ensure this, print the Admit Card on an A4 sized paper using a laser printer, preferably a color printer. Both, the GATE 2018 Admit Card and the Original ID proof are essential for entry into the examination hall.