Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering – GATE Entrance Exam 2013
|GATE 2013 Entrance Exam Online Practice Test Available Now|
GATE Entrance Exam 2013
Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering ( GATE 2013 ) is an all India examination that primarily tests the comprehensive understanding of various undergraduate subjects in Engineering and Technology. The GATE 2013 score of a candidate reflects a relative performance of a candidate. The score is used for admissions to post – graduate engineering programs ( eg. M.E., M.Tech, direct Ph.D. ) in Indian higher education institutes with financial assistance provided by MHRD and other Government agencies. The GATE 2013 score may also used by Public and Private sector industries for employment screening purposes.
What’s New in GATE 2013?
- 15 subject papers will be conducted by an Online Computer Based Test : AE, AG, AR, BT, CE, CH, CY, GG, MA, MN, MT, PH, TF, XE, and XL.
- Female candidates are exempted from paying the GATE 2013 Application Fee.
- All candidate related information and grievance redressal will be available in a single GATE 2013 Online Applicant Interface.
- Applicant photograph and signature must be uploaded during GATE 2013 Online Application.
- A new formula will be used for calculating the GATE Score 2013.
- Biometric information ( Photograph and fingerprint ) may be captured on the day of the exam examination for randomly selected candidates.
|GATE 2013 Online Exam Date : 20th January, 2013 ( Sunday );|
|GATE 2013 Offline Exam Date : 10th February, 2013 ( Sunday );|
GATE Exam Information 2013
The information in GATE 2013 brochure is mainly categorized into :
- Pre – Exam ( Eligibility, Application submission, Exam Centers, … )
- Examination ( Syllabus, Pattern, Scoring, Model Question Papers,… )
- Post – Exam ( Answers, Results, Score Card,… )
GATE Exam Schedule 2013
GATE 2013 Engineering Exam will include both Online and Offline examinations as per the following Schedule :
|GATE 2013 Paper Codes||GATE 2013 Examination Time||GATE 2013 Examination Date||GATE 2013 Examination Type|
|AR, CE, GG, MA, MT, PH, and TF||09:00 hrs – 12:00 hrs||20th January, 2013 ( Sunday )||Online|
|AE, AG, BT, CH, CY, MN, XE and XL||14:00 hrs – 17:00 hrs|
|CS, ME and PI||09:00 hrs – 12:00 hrs||10th February, 2013 ( Sunday )||Offline|
|EC, EE and IN||14:00 hrs – 17:00 hrs|
GATE Online Exam 2013
GATE 2013 Online Exam is a Computer Based Test ( CBT ) where the candidate will use a computer mouse to choose a correct answer or enter a numerical answer via a virtual keypad.
GATE Offline Exam 2013
GATE 2013 Offline Exam is a paper based examination where the candidate will mark the correct answer out of four options in an Optical Response Sheet ( ORS ) by darkening the appropriate bubble with a pen.
GATE 2013 Entrance Exam is conducted through the constitution of eight zones. The GATE Exam Zones and the corresponding administrative institutes are :-
- Zone 1 – Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore
- Zone 2 – Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay
- Zone 3 – Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi
- Zone 4 – Indian Institute of Technology, Guwahati
- Zone 5 – Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur
- Zone 6 – Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur
- Zone 7 – Indian Institute of Technology, Madras
- Zone 8 – Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee
The overall coordination and responsibility of conducting GATE 2013 lies with Indian Institute of Technology Bombay, and is designated as the Organizing Institute for GATE 2013.
Important Points for GATE 2013
- GATE 2013 Application Process : For GATE 2013, candidates need to register and fill the GATE Online Application only by accessing the zonal GATE Websites of IISc and seven IITs. The GATE 2013 application process is complete only when a print out of the filled Online application with the candidate’s signature and a good quality photo affixed in the appropriate place is received by the respective GATE office along with necessary documents, if any, on or before 8th October, 2012. Please note that GATE application forms 2013 are not available for sale anywhere.
- Downloadable GATE 2013 Admit Card : GATE Admit cards 2013 are not sent by mail anymore. GATE 2013 Admit cards can only be downloaded from the zonal GATE Websites www.gate.iitb.ac.in from 5th December, 2012 onwards. Bring the GATE Admit Card 2013 to the GATE Test Center 2013 along with at least one original ( not photocopied / scanned copy ) and valid ( not expired ) photo identification.
- Use of black ink ball point pen for GATE 2013 Offline Exams : Candidates should use only black ink ball point pen for darkening of the bubbles in the OMR sheet. Since bubbles darkened by the black ink ball point pen cannot be erased, candidates should darken the bubbles in the OMR sheet very carefully ( be sure before darkening ).
- Numerical answer type questions in GATE Online Papers 2013 : In the GATE 2013 Online Papers, the question paper will consist of questions of multiple choice type and questions of numerical answer type. For multiple choice type questions, each question will have four choices for the answer. For numerical answer type questions, each question will have a number as the answer. Each online paper will have 15 or more marks worth of questions requiring numerical answers where possible.
- Pre – final year students : Pre – final year students are not eligible to write GATE 2013. For details, refer to GATE Eligibility for examination.
GATE 2013 Navigation : GATE Syllabus 2013, GATE Textile Engineering and Fibre Science Syllabus 2013, GATE Zoology Syllabus 2013, GATE Microbiology Syllabus 2013, GATE Production and Industrial Engineering Syllabus 2013, GATE Botany Syllabus 2013, GATE Physics Syllabus 2013, GATE Biochemistry Syllabus 2013, GATE Metallurgical Engineering Syllabus 2013, GATE Chemistry Syllabus 2013, GATE Mining Engineering Syllabus 2013, GATE Food Technology Syllabus 2013, GATE Mechanical Engineering Syllabus 2013, GATE Polymer Science and Engineering Syllabus 2013, GATE Thermodynamics Syllabus 2013, GATE Mathematics Syllabus 2013, GATE Solid Mechanics Syllabus 2013, GATE Instrumentation Engineering Syllabus 2013, GATE Materials Science Syllabus 2013, GATE Geology and Geophysics Syllabus 2013, GATE Electrical Engineering Syllabus 2013, GATE Electronics and Communication Engineering Syllabus 2013, GATE State Codes 2013, GATE Discipline Codes 2013, GATE Question Paper Pattern 2013, GATE Exam Preparation Question Bank CD
GATE Related : GATE Entrance Exam 2013, GATE Online Exam Date 2013, GATE 2013 Exam Date, Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering – GATE Entrance Exam 2013, GATE 2013 Offline Exam Date, GATE Engineering Entrance Exam 2013, GATE 2013 Notification, GATE 2013 Exam Details, About GATE Examination 2013, Gate 2013 Notification, Gate 2013 Instructions, GATE Exam Date and Timings 2013, What is New in GATE 2013, GATE 2013 Prospectus, Gate MTech Exam 2013, Gate Exam Zones 2013, Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering 2013, Gate Information Brochure 2013,
Posted In engineering entrance exam : gate : Leave a response for graduate aptitude test in engineering – gate entrance exam 2013 by sudha