Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology Admission Test 2018
|Announcement : Candidates who are desirous to join B.Tech Programs in IIST must appear for the Joint Entrance Examination - JEE Main 2018 conducted by Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), New Delhi to qualify themselves to appear for Joint Entrance Examination - JEE Advanced 2018 conducted by IITs and secure the minimum prescribed category-wise marks in JEE Advanced 2018|
The Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology ( IIST ), a Deemed to be University and an autonomous body under Department of Space ( DOS ), was formed in 2007 and is functioning from the 100 acre campus at Valiamala The Institute now offers undergraduate BTech Programs in Aerospace Engineering, Avionics, and Physical Sciences.
ISAT Entrance Exam 2018
IIST announces admission to the following undergraduate and dual – degree programs for the academic year 2018 – 2019, to eligible Indian citizens .
Candidates who are desirous to join B.Tech Programs in IIST must appear for the Joint Entrance Examination Main 2018 conducted by Central Board of Secondary Education ( CBSE ), New Delhi to qualify themselves to appear for Joint Entrance Examination Advanced 2018 conducted by IITs and secure the minimum prescribed category-wise marks in JEE Advanced 2018 as given below :
- General Candidates ( GEN ) : At least 20% ( i.e.73 marks out of 366 ) marks in aggregate and at least 5% ( i.e. 6 marks out of 122 ) marks in each of the three subjects ( Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics ).
- Other Backward Community – Non Creamy Layer ( OBC-NCL ) Candidates: At least 18% ( i.e. 65 marks out of 366 ) marks in aggregate and at least 4.5% ( i.e. 5 marks out of 122 ) marks in each of the three subjects ( Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics )
- Scheduled Caste ( SC ), Scheduled Tribe ( ST ) & Persons with Disabilities ( PD ) Candidates : At least 10% ( i.e.36 marks out of 366 ) marks in aggregate and at least 2.5% ( i.e. 3 marks out of 122 ) marks in each of the three subjects ( Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics ).
More details may be viewed at JEE Main 2018
More details may be viewed at JEE Advanced 2018
IIST 2018 BTech Programs
IIST offers Bachelor of Technology B.Tech. Programs in three branches, namely
Undergraduate Programmes :
|Sl.No||Programs||No. of. Seats||Duration|
|1.||B.Tech. in Aerospace Engineering||60||4 years|
|2.||B.Tech. in Avionics||60||4 years|
|3.||Dual Degree ( B.Tech. and M.S. / M.Tech. )*||20||5 years|
*In the Dual Degree programme introduced this year, students receive on successful completion of the 5-year ( 10 semesters ) programme, a B.Tech. degree in Engineering Physics and a M.S. / M.Tech. degree in one of the following four streams.
- M.S. in Astronomy and Astrophysics
- M.S. in Solid State Physics
- M.Tech. in Earth System Science
- M.Tech. in Optical Engineering
There is no option to exit the program with a B.Tech degree. The students will give their preference for the M.S. / M.Tech. specializations at the end of sixth semester. They will pursue one of the four specializations based on their academic performance ( C.G.P.A ) up to the sixth semester.
To know more about Entrance Exam Click Here
ISAT 2018 BTech Eligibility
Candidates must make sure that they satisfy ALL the eligibility criteria described below for applying for admission to B.Tech Programs in IIST.
Citizenship : Only Indian citizens are eligible to apply for admission in IIST.
Date of Birth : Candidates belonging to General category ( GEN ) and Other Backward Classes ( OBC ) categories must have been born on or after October 1, 1993. Candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste ( SC ), Scheduled Tribes ( ST ) and Persons with Disabilities ( PD ) categories must have born on or after October 1, 1988.
The date of birth as recorded in the high school / first Board / or its equivalent will be accepted. If the certificate does not mention the date of birth, candidate must submit an authenticated document from competent authority indicating the date of birth at the time of Counselling.
Qualifying Examination ( 10+2 or Equivalent ) :
Must have secured at least 75% aggregate marks in the Class XII (or equivalent) Board examination. The aggregate marks for SC, ST and PD candidates should be at least 65%. The marks scored in the following five subjects will be considered for calculating the aggregate marks criterion
- A language ( if the candidate has taken more than one language, then the language with the higher marks will be considered )
- Any subject other than the above four ( the subject with the highest marks will be considered )
The qualifying examination should be any of the following :
- The final examination of the 10+2 system, conducted by any recognized Central/State Board, such as Central Board of Secondary Education ( CBSE ), New Delhi; Council for Indian School Certificate Examination ( ISCE ), New Delhi, etc. recognized by the Association of Indian Universities ( AIU )
- Intermediate or two – year Pre – University examination conducted by a recognized Board / University.
- Final examination of the two – year course of the Joint Services Wing of the National Defence Academy.
- Vocational Higher Secondary Examination.
- Senior Secondary School Examination conducted by the National Institute of Open Schooling with a minimum of five subjects.
- Any Public School / Board / University examination in India or in any foreign country recognized as equivalent to the 10+2 system by the Association of Indian Universities ( AIU ).
- General Certificate Education ( GCE ) examination ( London / Cambridge / Sri Lanka ) at the Advanced (A) level.
- High School Certificate Examination of the Cambridge University or International Baccalaureate Diploma of the International Baccalaureate Office, Geneva.
- In case the relevant qualifying examination is not a public examination, the candidate must have passed at least one public ( Board or Pre – University ) examination at an earlier level.
JEE Advanced 2018 Examinations :
Candidates should appear for the Joint Entrance Examination ( Main ) 2018 conducted by Central Board of Secondary Education ( CBSE ), New Delhi to qualify themselves to appear for Joint Entrance Examination ( Advanced ) 2018 conducted by IITs and secure the minimum prescribed category – wise marks in JEE ( Advanced ) 2018 as given below :-
- General Candidates ( GEN ) : At least 20% marks in aggregate ( i.e. 73 marks out of 366 ) and at least 5% marks in each ( i.e. 6 marks out of 122 ) of the three subjects ( Physics Chemistry and Mathematics )
- Other Backward Community – Non Creamy Layer OBC ( NCL ) Candidates : At least 18% marks in aggregate ( i.e. 68 marks out of 366 ) and at least 4.5% marks ( i.e. 5 marks out of 122 ) in each of the three subjects ( Physics Chemistry and Mathematics ).
- SC, ST & PD Candidates : At least 10% marks in aggregate ( i.e. 36 marks out of 366 ) and at least 2.5% marks ( i.e. 3 marks out of 122 ) in each of the three subjects ( Physics Chemistry and Mathematics ).
Important : The candidates applying for IIST admission are advised to make sure that they have secured the above minimum prescribed subject-wise marks and aggregate marks, when the JEE ( Advanced ) website displays his /her answer sheets ( ORS ) and answer keys.
To know more about Eligibility Click Here
IIST ISAT 2018 Reservation of Seats
As per the reservation policy of Government of India applicable to Central Educational Institutions ( CEI ), candidates belonging to certain categories are admitted to seats reserved for them based on relaxed criteria.
These categories and the corresponding percentage of reservation are as given below :
Categories included are :
- Scheduled Castes ( SC ) : 15%
- Scheduled Tribes ( ST ) : 7.5%
- Other Backward Classes ( OBC ) belonging to Non – Creamy Layer ( NCL ) : 27%
- Persons with Disabilities ( PD ) : 3% ( Horizontal Reservation )
Benefit of reservation under SC / ST / OBC shall be given only to those castes / tribes which are recognized by the Government of India and are included in the respective central list published by the Department of Personnel and Training.
(i) SC / ST Candidates :
Candidates belonging to SC / ST categories will be required to produce the original Scheduled caste / tribe certificate issued by a competent authority in the prescribed format. Certificates in any other format will not be accepted. The documents ( in original ), must be produced at the time of Counselling, failing which their candidature will not be considered for admission. Seats remaining vacant in SC / ST categories shall be left vacant and shall NOT be filled b y candidates belonging to any other category.
(ii) OBC – NCL Candidates :
For the purpose of admission to seats under OBC – NCL category, a candidate will be considered as OBC-NCL only if he / she belongs to a caste mentioned in the Central list of OBCs and satisfies the condition of non-creamy layer as defined by the Government of India. In case any of the reserved seats in this category are not filled for want of sufficient candidates meeting the qualifying standards set by the Institute, such seats can be allotted to General candidates.
The OBC – NCL candidates seeking the benefits of reservation will be required to produce the original caste certificate issued after 1st June, 2016 by a competent authority in the prescribed format. Certificates in any other format will not be accepted. The certificate must be produced at the time of Counselling, failing which they will NOT be considered for admission in the OBC – NCL reserved category.
(iii) PD Candidates :
3% seats are reserved for PD candidates. The benefit of reservation would be given only to those who have at least 40% physical impairment and required to produce original certificates issued by a district medical board / competent authority at the time of counselling.
ISAT Exam Centres 2018
While applying, the candidates should choose any three different cities in the order of preference for writing the ISAT Admission Test 2018. While all efforts will be made to allot the IIST Test City based on the candidate’s first preference itself, in some circumstances, it may become necessary to decide the allotment based on the second or third choice.
IIST however, reserves the right to allot any other city, not opted by the candidate, as the IIST ISAT Test City for a candidate, without assigning any reason. There can be more than one examination venue within a given city here onwards called “ISAT Test Centre” and the allotment of candidates to such ISAT Test Centres of Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology will be at the discretion of IIST. The ISAT Test Centre once allotted will be final and no requests for change shall be entertained.
ISAT 2018 will be conducted in twenty two cities across India.
These cities are :
To know more about Exam Centers Click Here
ISAT Application Form 2018
Online Application for Admission to B.Tech Programs in IIST 2018
For online registration of the application, the candidate should have access to a computer, a laser printer and Internet connection. They should also have their JEE ( Advanced ) 2018 Roll Number and a valid email id.
IIST 2018 Registration Fee
Candidates should register their application only through online portal admission.iist.ac.in and Download / Print the Challan to remit the registration fee online through SBI-COLLECT ( https://www.onlinesbi.com/prelogin/icollecthome.htm ) as given in the table below :
|Male candidates in GEN and OBC||600/- ( Six Hundred only )|
|Female candidates in GEN and OBC||300/- ( Three Hundred only )|
|All SC, ST, PD candidates||300/-( Three Hundred only )|
The Registration fee is non-refundable.
How to register Application online for Admission.
- Read the eligibility criteria ( Section 5 ) carefully before registering online for Admission. Make sure that you satisfy all the eligibility criteria.
- Visit the online application portal admission.iist.ac.in , click the link for undergraduate admission 2018 and fill in all the details in the online application form as per the instructions given there.
- After completing online registration, proceed for remitting the Registration Fee online using SBI-COLLECT ( https://www.onlinesbi.com/prelogin/icollecthome.htm ).
Registration/admission will be cancelled if, at a later date, it is found that the candidate does not
meet one or more of the eligibility criteria
To know more about Application Form Click Here
ISAT 2018 Syllabus
- ISAT Syllabus for Mathematics more details…
- ISAT Syllabus for Physics more details…
- ISAT Syllabus for Chemistry more details…
To know more about Syllabus Click Here
ISAT Results 2018
- ISAT 2018 BTech admission is based on JEE Main & JEE Advanced 2018.
To know more about Results Click Here
IIST 2018 Admission Rank List
Candidates who are desirous to join the undergraduate programmes in IIST must apply separately for admission to IIST by registering at the online application portal admission.iist.ac.in . IIST Admission Rank list will be generated only for those candidates who have registered online for the admission to IIST and satisfying all the eligibility criteria.
IIST Admission Rank list will be generated only for those candidates who register online for admission to IIST and satisfy all the eligibility criteria. Please note that IIST Admission Rank list will be prepared based on their aggregate marks scored in JEE ( Advanced ) 2018.
The following tie-break rule shall be applied in case of same marks :
- Higher rank will be assigned to the candidate who has obtained higher marks in Mathematics.
- If this does not break the tie, higher rank will be assigned to the candidate who secured higher marks in Physics.
- If there is a tie even after this, higher rank will be assigned to the candidate who secured higher rank in JEE ( Main ) 2018 examination, in the respective category.
To know more about Ranking Click Here
ISAT 2018 Counseling & Admission Procedure
Only candidates who have applied online through the online application portal admission.iist.ac.in for undergraduate admission to IIST and made the payment through SBI-COLLECT before the specified dates will be considered for admission rank list to IIST. These candidates will be ranked by IIST for all categories. The IIST admission rank list and the details of date / venues for the admission counselling will be published in our web site on June, 2018*. A certain number of candidates from each category wise rank list will be asked to appear for Admission Counselling. Please note that, for admission to UG programmes of IIST, It is MANDATORY to appear for admission counselling on the specified date / time. The available seats and wait-list numbers will be allotted only to those who physically appear for the counselling
- It is tentatively planned to conduct IIST admission counselling in five cities ( Ahmedabad, Bengaluru, Kolkata, New Delhi and Thiruvanathapuram ) simultaneously, on July, 2018 & July 2018. More details will be published in our website along with the Admission Ranklist, on June, 2018.
- The eligible registered candidates who are desirous of getting admission in IIST have to be physically present during the counselling at any of the centres, with all the original documents /certificates and must be accompanied by one of the parents.
- During the counselling, the candidates will have to give their preference /choice(s) of branch of study in their order of preference in writing ( in the OPTION-FORM ), which CANNOT be changed later.
- During the counselling, ‘confirmed Seat’ will be allotted to the eligible candidates in the order of their IIST Admission rank. Those who accept a ‘confirmed seat’ offered to them should surrender their original certificates at the counselling centre. If the confirmed seat is not his /or first preference /choice, he will also be given a wait-list number(s) for his higher preferred branch(es).
- After filling all the available seats, the remaining candidates who reported at the counselling venue will find their names included in the ‘Wait-List’ in their respective category and choice of branch. This Wait-List will be published online in the IIST admission website, within two days after the counselling.
- The vacancies arising subsequently due to any forfeiture of the allotted confirmed seats will be filled by operating the above Wait-List at regular intervals and notifying the same in the IIST Admission website. Students who accept a confirmed seat during this Wait-List movement should go back to the counselling centre and submit their original certificates before the specified date / time. More dates / details of this process of wait-list movement will be announced at the time of publication of IIST Admission rank list on June, 2018.
- During the wait-list movement, if a candidate does not accept ( within the specified time ) any CONFIRMED seat offered to him / her in a branch of his / her any preference / choice made at the time of counselling, he / she will NOT be considered further for admission to any branch / seat.
To know more about Counselling Click Here
IIST 2018 Important Dates
|1||Release of Admission Brochure||2nd May, 2018|
|2||Online registration of application opens on||22nd May, 2018|
|3||Closing of Online Registration||5th June, 2018|
Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology
Valiamala (P.O.), Thiruvananthapuram – 695547
Telephone No : 0471-2568477, 2568478, 2568555
Fax No : 0471-2568556
Websites: www.iist.ac.in/admissions/undergraduate, http://admission.iist.ac.in