|ISAT 2016 Question Bank CD -|
|Home||Entrance Exam||Application Form||Exam Centers||Syllabus||Results||Rankings||Counselling|
ISAT 2018 BTech Eligibility
Candidates must make sure that they satisfy ALL the eligibility criteria described below for applying for admission to B.Tech Programs in IIST.
Citizenship : Only Indian citizens are eligible to apply for admission in IIST.
Date of Birth : Candidates belonging to General category ( GEN ) and Other Backward Classes ( OBC ) categories must have been born on or after October 1, 1993. Candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste ( SC ), Scheduled Tribes ( ST ) and Persons with Disabilities ( PD ) categories must have born on or after October 1, 1988.
The date of birth as recorded in the high school / first Board / or its equivalent will be accepted. If the certificate does not mention the date of birth, candidate must submit an authenticated document from competent authority indicating the date of birth at the time of Counselling.
Qualifying Examination ( 10+2 or Equivalent ) :
Must have secured at least 75% aggregate marks in the Class XII (or equivalent) Board examination. The aggregate marks for SC, ST and PD candidates should be at least 65%. The marks scored in the following five subjects will be considered for calculating the aggregate marks criterion
- A language ( if the candidate has taken more than one language, then the language with the higher marks will be considered )
- Any subject other than the above four ( the subject with the highest marks will be considered )
The qualifying examination should be any of the following :
- The final examination of the 10+2 system, conducted by any recognized Central/State Board, such as Central Board of Secondary Education ( CBSE ), New Delhi; Council for Indian School Certificate Examination ( ISCE ), New Delhi, etc. recognized by the Association of Indian Universities ( AIU )
- Intermediate or two – year Pre – University examination conducted by a recognized Board / University.
- Final examination of the two – year course of the Joint Services Wing of the National Defence Academy.
- Vocational Higher Secondary Examination.
- Senior Secondary School Examination conducted by the National Institute of Open Schooling with a minimum of five subjects.
- Any Public School / Board / University examination in India or in any foreign country recognized as equivalent to the 10+2 system by the Association of Indian Universities ( AIU ).
- General Certificate Education ( GCE ) examination ( London / Cambridge / Sri Lanka ) at the Advanced (A) level.
- High School Certificate Examination of the Cambridge University or International Baccalaureate Diploma of the International Baccalaureate Office, Geneva.
- In case the relevant qualifying examination is not a public examination, the candidate must have passed at least one public ( Board or Pre – University ) examination at an earlier level.
JEE Advanced 2018 Examinations :
Candidates should appear for the Joint Entrance Examination ( Main ) 2018 conducted by Central Board of Secondary Education ( CBSE ), New Delhi to qualify themselves to appear for Joint Entrance Examination ( Advanced ) 2018 conducted by IITs and secure the minimum prescribed category – wise marks in JEE ( Advanced ) 2018 as given below :-
- General Candidates ( GEN ) : At least 20% marks in aggregate ( i.e. 73 marks out of 366 ) and at least 5% marks in each ( i.e. 6 marks out of 122 ) of the three subjects ( Physics Chemistry and Mathematics )
- Other Backward Community – Non Creamy Layer OBC ( NCL ) Candidates : At least 18% marks in aggregate ( i.e. 68 marks out of 366 ) and at least 4.5% marks ( i.e. 5 marks out of 122 ) in each of the three subjects ( Physics Chemistry and Mathematics ).
- SC, ST & PD Candidates : At least 10% marks in aggregate ( i.e. 36 marks out of 366 ) and at least 2.5% marks ( i.e. 3 marks out of 122 ) in each of the three subjects ( Physics Chemistry and Mathematics ).
Important : The candidates applying for IIST admission are advised to make sure that they have secured the above minimum prescribed subject-wise marks and aggregate marks, when the JEE ( Advanced ) website displays his /her answer sheets ( ORS ) and answer keys.