ISAT 2018 Counseling & Admission Procedure
Only candidates who have applied online through the online application portal admission.iist.ac.in for undergraduate admission to IIST and made the payment through SBI-COLLECT before the specified dates will be considered for admission rank list to IIST. These candidates will be ranked by IIST for all categories. The IIST admission rank list and the details of date / venues for the admission counselling will be published in our web site on June, 2018*. A certain number of candidates from each category wise rank list will be asked to appear for Admission Counselling. Please note that, for admission to UG programmes of IIST, It is MANDATORY to appear for admission counselling on the specified date / time. The available seats and wait-list numbers will be allotted only to those who physically appear for the counselling
- It is tentatively planned to conduct IIST admission counselling in five cities ( Ahmedabad, Bengaluru, Kolkata, New Delhi and Thiruvanathapuram ) simultaneously, on July, 2018 & July 2018. More details will be published in our website along with the Admission Ranklist, on June, 2018.
- The eligible registered candidates who are desirous of getting admission in IIST have to be physically present during the counselling at any of the centres, with all the original documents /certificates and must be accompanied by one of the parents.
- During the counselling, the candidates will have to give their preference /choice(s) of branch of study in their order of preference in writing ( in the OPTION-FORM ), which CANNOT be changed later.
- During the counselling, ‘confirmed Seat’ will be allotted to the eligible candidates in the order of their IIST Admission rank. Those who accept a ‘confirmed seat’ offered to them should surrender their original certificates at the counselling centre. If the confirmed seat is not his /or first preference /choice, he will also be given a wait-list number(s) for his higher preferred branch(es).
- After filling all the available seats, the remaining candidates who reported at the counselling venue will find their names included in the ‘Wait-List’ in their respective category and choice of branch. This Wait-List will be published online in the IIST admission website, within two days after the counselling.
- The vacancies arising subsequently due to any forfeiture of the allotted confirmed seats will be filled by operating the above Wait-List at regular intervals and notifying the same in the IIST Admission website. Students who accept a confirmed seat during this Wait-List movement should go back to the counselling centre and submit their original certificates before the specified date / time. More dates / details of this process of wait-list movement will be announced at the time of publication of IIST Admission rank list on June, 2018.
- During the wait-list movement, if a candidate does not accept ( within the specified time ) any CONFIRMED seat offered to him / her in a branch of his / her any preference / choice made at the time of counselling, he / she will NOT be considered further for admission to any branch / seat.