JEE Advanced Eligibility 2016
|JEE Advanced 2016 Question Bank CD -|
JEE Advanced 2016 Eligibility Criteria
A candidate, including a foreign nationals, must fulfill each and every one of the following five criteria to appear in JEE ( Advanced ) 2016.
Performance in JEE ( Main ) 2016 : The candidate should be among the top 2,00,000 ( including all categories ) by scoring positive marks in Paper-1 in JEE ( Main ) 2016.
The percentage of the total number of candidates for various categories is as follows :
The percentages of various categories are : 27% for OBC-NCL, 15% for SC, 7.5% for ST and the remaining 50.5% is OPEN for all. Within each of these four categories, 3% horizontal reservation is available for PwD ( including Dyslexic ) candidates.
As shown in the following table, the usual order will be followed while choosing top 2,00,000 candidates in various categories who have scored positive marks in JEE ( Main ) 2016.
Order Category Number of "Top" Candidates Total
1 OPEN 97,970 1,01,000
2 OPEN-PwD 3,030 3 OBC-NCL 52,380 54,000
4 OBC-NCL-PwD 1,620 5 SC 29,100 30,000
6 SC-PwD 900 7 ST 14,550 15,000
8 ST-PwD 450
Age Limit :
The candidate should have been born on or after 1st October, 1991. Five years relaxation is given to SC, ST and PwD candidates, i.e., these candidates should have been born on or after October 1, 1986.
Number of Attempts in JEE Advanced 2016 :
A candidate can attempt JEE ( Advanced ) a maximum of two times in consecutive years. Therefore, candidates who appeared in JEE ( Advanced ) 2015 for the first time are also eligible.
Appearance in Class XII ( or equivalent ) JEE Advanced 2016 Examination :
- The candidate should have appeared for the Class XII ( or equivalent ) examination for the first time in all the subjects in either 2015 or 2016.
- Candidates who appeared for the Class XII ( or equivalent ) examination in 2015 and wish to re-appear for the same in 2016 ( either for improvement or because they failed in one or more subjects ), will have to re-appear in all the subjects in 2016.
- Those who appeared for the first time in their Class XII ( or equivalent ) examination in 2014 or earlier are NOT eligible. However, candidates whose Class XII ( or equivalent ) examination Board results for the academic year 2013 - 14 were declared after June 2014 are eligible to appear for JEE ( Advanced ) 2016.
Earlier admission at IITs / ISM JEE Advanced 2016 :
- The candidate should NOT have been admitted in an IIT / ISM ( irrespective of whether or not he / she continued in the program ) OR accepted the IIT / ISM seat by reporting centre in the past. The candidates whose admission at IITs or ISM was cancelled are also NOT eligible.
- Candidates who have been admitted to a preparatory course in any of the IITs for the first time in 2015 can appear in JEE ( Advanced ) 2016. The candidates who have paid seat acceptance fee but not accepted the seat by reporting at the reporting centre during joint seat allocation in 2015 are also eligible
JEE Advanced 2016 Eligibility for Architecture Aptitude Test
- Candidates desirous of joining the B. Arch. ( Architecture ) courses will have to PASS in the Architecture Aptitude Test ( AAT ). Only those candidates who have qualified in JEE ( Advanced ) 2016 are eligible to appear in AAT in 2016.
- Candidates desirous of opting for the B. Arch. program available at IIT Kharagpur and IIT Roorkee ( as one of the choices while filling-in their choices during joint seat allotment ) must appear in AAT.
- Candidates must register online at the JEE ( Advanced ) 2016 online portal for AAT.
- AAT will be conducted only at the seven zonal IITs.
- The test will consist of one paper of three hours duration.
- The question paper for AAT will be available only in English language.
- No separate admit card will be issued for AAT.
- The original admit card of JEE ( Advanced ) 2016 should be produced in the AAT examination hall.
- Candidates should bring their own drawing and colouring aids.
- The Joint Implementation Committee of JEE ( Advanced ) 2016 will decide the cut-off marks for passing AAT.
- Results of AAT will be declared on the JEE ( Advanced ) 2016 online portal.
- Candidates securing marks above the cut-off will be declared PASS in the test. There is no separate ranking in the AAT. There is no separate cut-off for students of any category
- Allotment of seat will be solely based on the category-wise All India Rank in the JEE ( Advanced ) 2016.
JEE Advanced 2016 Navigation : JEE Advanced 2016 Aptitude Test Syllabus, JEE Advanced 2016 Counselling, JEE Advanced 2016 Exam Centres, JEE Advanced 2016 Results, JEE Advanced 2016 Mathematics Syllabus, JEE Advanced 2016 Physics Syllabus, JEE Advanced 2016 Chemistry Syllabus, JEE Advanced 2016 Application Form, JEE Advanced 2016 Reservation of Seats, JEE Advanced 2016 Eligibility, JEE Advanced 2016 Entrance Exam, JEE Advanced Exam Question Bank Preparation CD
JEE Advanced Related : JEE Advanced 2016 Eligibility Details, JEE Advanced 2016 Entrance Exam Eligibility, JEE Advanced 2016 Engineering Eligibility, JEE Advanced Eligibility 2016, JEE Advanced 2016 Eligibility Criteria, JEE Advanced 2016 Number of Attempts, JEE Advanced 2016 Eligible Marks, IIT JEE Advanced Eligibility 2016, JEE Advanced Eligibility 2016, JEE Advanced 2016 Eligibility Requirements, Eligibility for JEE Advanced 2016, JEE Advanced 2016 Qualifying Marks, JEE Advanced Entrance Exam 2016, JEE Advanced Examination 2016, JEE Advanced Qualified Exam 2016, Minimum Marks in JEE Advanced 2016 Exam, Joint Entrance Examination Eligibility 2016,
JEE Advanced 2016 Eligibility Criteria, JEE Advanced 2016 BTech Eligibility, JEE Advanced 2016 Number of Attempts, JEE Advanced 2016 Admission Eligibility, Eligibility for JEE Advanced 2016
Posted In engineering entrance exam : jee advanced : Leave a response for jee advanced eligibility 2016 by shanmugapriya