|Home Page||Eligibility||State Code of Eligibility||Application Form||Application Format||Exam Centres||Facilitation Centres|
|Participating Institutions||Physics Syllabus||Chemistry Syllabus||Mathematics Syllabus||Aptitude Syllabus||Results||Counselling|
JEE Main 2021 Entrance Exam
The JEE Main 2021 will be conducted by the JEE Apex Board for admission to Undergraduate Engineering Programs in NITs, IIITs, other Centrally Funded Technical Institutions, participating State Government Institutions etc.
Admission criteria to Undergraduate Engineering Programs at NITs, IIITs, Other Centrally Funded Technical Institutions, Institutions funded by participating State Governments, and other Institutions shall include the performance in the class 12 / equivalent qualifying Examination and in the Joint Entrance Examination, JEE ( Main ). The Paper-1 ( B. E. / B. Tech. ) of JEE ( Main ) will also be an eligibility test for the JEE ( Advanced ), which the candidate has to take if he / she is aspiring for admission to the undergraduate programmes offered by the IITs.
The States of Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh, Nagaland and Odisha have joined JEE (Main) system. Therefore, the candidates seeking admission to the institutions in these states, which were earlier admitting based on their State Level Examination, are also advised to fill in the JEE ( Main ) – 2021 application form online.
JEE Main 2021 Mode of Examination
The Paper-1 ( B.E. / B. Tech. ) of JEE Main 2021 will be conducted in
- Online ( Computer Based Examination ) mode.
The Paper-2 ( B. Arch. / B. Planning. ) of JEE Main 2021 will be conducted in
- Mathematics- Part I and Aptitude Test
- Part II in “Computer Based Test ( CBT )” mode only and Drawing Test
- Part III in “Pen & Paper Based” ( offline ) mode to be attempted on drawing sheet.
A candidate will opt for either Pen and Paper Based or Computer Based examination modes for Paper-1 ( B. E. / B. Tech. ) only.
JEE Main 2021 Type of Examination
JEE ( Main ) 2021 shall have two papers, Paper-1 ( B.E / B. Tech ) and Paper-2 ( B. Arch / B. Planning ). Candidates may take Paper-1 ( B.E / B. Tech ), or Paper-2 ( B. Arch / B. Planning ), or both as per the courses they are seeking admission to.
Subject combinations for each paper, type of questions in each paper and mode of examination available is given in the table below.
|Subjects||Type of Question||Mode of Exam|
|Paper 1 ( B.E./ B. Tech. )||Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics||Objective type with equal weightage to Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics||Computer based Mode Only|
|Paper 2 ( B.Arch. / B.Planning )||Mathematics – Part I Aptitude Test – Part II||Objective Type - Multiple Choice Questions ( MCQs )||Computer based Mode Only|
|Drawing Test – Part III||Questions to test drawing aptitude||Pen & Paper Based ( offline ) mode to be attempted on Drawing sheet|
Requirement of papers for different courses is given in the table below.
|All other undergraduate courses( B.E. / B. Tech. )||Paper – 1|
|B.ARCH / B.Planning ( At Institutions other than IITs )||Paper – 2|
JEE Main 2021 Schedule of Examination
Exam Schedule for First attempt
|Dates of Examination
( Exact City, date and shift of examination for Paper-1 and Paper-2 will be made available on NTA’s website )
|2nd week of January 2021|
|Mode of Examination||Paper 1 ( B.E. / B.Tech. )||“Computer Based Test ( CBT )” mode only|
|Paper 2 ( B. Arch. / B.Planning. )||Mathematics – Part I and Aptitude Test-Part II in “Computer Based Test ( CBT )” mode only|
|First Shift||Second Shift|
|Timing of Examination||9.30 a.m. to 12.30 p.m.||2.30 p.m. to 5.30 p.m.|
|Duration of Examination||3 Hours||3 Hours|
|Entry in the Examination Centre||7.30 a.m. – Upto 8.30 a.m.||12.30 p.m. – Upto 1.30 p.m.|
|Entry in the Examination Hall / Room||8.45 a.m. to 9.00 a.m.||1.45 p.m. to 2.00 p.m.|
|Checking of Admit Cards by the Invigilator||9.00 a.m. to 9.15 a.m.||2.00 p.m. to 2.15 p.m|
|Sitting on the seat in the Examination Hall||9.15 a.m.||2.15 p.m.|
|Instructions by the Invigilators||9.15 a.m. to 9.25 a.m.||2.15 p.m. to 2.25 p.m.|
|Test Commences||9.30 a.m.||2.30 p.m.|
|Test Concludes||12.30 p.m.||5.30 p.m.|
JEE Main 2021 Choice of Medium of Question Papers
|1||All Examination Centre Cities||English and Hindi Medium|
|2||Examination Centre Cities in Gujarat, Daman & Diu and Dadra and Nagar Haveli||English, Hindi and Gujarati|
The option of question paper language should be exercised while filling up the JEE Main 2021 Application Form and it cannot be changed at a later stage.
Provisions for Persons With Disabilities
- The candidates with disability should fill in the type and percentages of disability correctly in the online application form for JEE ( Main )-2021.
- Only the visually challenged candidates, who have 40% or more disability, will be provided Scribe / Reader on the request of the candidate. In no case, the candidates will be allowed to bring their own scribe.
- Such candidate will have to submit the request in writing to the Centre Superintendent for the same at least one week before the examination date.
- The Centre Superintendent will identify the scribe / reader students who are appearing in class X. In case a request is received from the candidate, he / she would be allowed to meet the scribe a day before the examination to verify the suitability of the scribe.
- One hour compensatory ( extra ) time will also be allowed to the candidates with 40% or more disability irrespective of the fact that the candidate ( s ) is / are availing the facility of scribe/reader.
Use of Calculator and Communication Aids
Use of electronic devices like mobile phone, calculator etc. is not permitted in JEE Main 2021. Materials like log table, book, notebook, etc. should not be brought into the examination hall.