JIIT PGET 2021 Syllabus
Materials Science and Engineering Syllabus
Materials Science and Engineering
- Interference, Diffraction, and Polarization.
- Laws of thermodynamics, Reversible and irreversible systems, Carnot cycle, Heat engines, Entropy, Thermal and chemical equilibrium.
- Maxwell’s equations, Electromagnetic waves, Poynting vector, Reflection, Refraction, Absorption, and Transmission of electromagnetic radiation from dielectric surface.
- Lorentz transformations, Addition of velocities, Mass variation with velocity, Mass-energy relation.
- Black body radiation, laws of radiation, Compton scattering.
- Heisenberg’s uncertainty principle, Schrödinger equation and applications, Operators.
- Origin of spectral lines, Angular momentum, Atoms in magnetic field.
- Vibrational, Rotational, electronic, Raman, NMR and ESR spectroscopy.
- Statistical Distributions. Spontaneous and Stimulated emissions, Laser action, He-Ne, Ruby and Semiconductor lasers, Optical fibers.
- Bonding in solids, Crystal structure, Crystal systems, X-ray diffraction, Defects and Dislocations.
- Stress and Strain behavior, Modulus of elasticity, Yield strength, Tensile strength, Plastic deformation.
- Free electron theory of solids, Band theory of solids, Conduction in metals, Semiconductors ( n and p-type ) and Insulators, Hall effect in Semiconductors. Superconductivity.
- Semiconductor devices (diodes, junctions, transistors, field effect devices, homo‐ and hetero‐ junction devices), device characteristics, Operational amplifiers and their applications. Digital techniques and applications ( registers, counters, comparators and similar circuits ), A/D and D/A converters, Basics of microprocessor and microcontroller.
- Polarization mechanism, Dielectric constant, Piezoelectric effect.
- Dia-, Para-, Ferro-, Antiferro- and Ferri-magnetic materials and their properties.
- Lattice Vibrations and thermal properties of solids.
M.Tech ( CSE ) Syllabus
Verbal Ability and Reasoning, Quantitative Ability and Reasoning, Logical Connectives, Binary Logic, Logical Sequence and Matching, Seating Arrangement, Number and Letter Series, Coding-Decoding, Decision, Data interpretation and analysis, Analytical reasoning, Analogy, Assertion & reason, Situation & reaction, Logical deduction, Argument construction, Argument Evaluation, Divergent and lateral thinking, Creativity.
Number representation, binary arithmetic; Boolean algebra, Set, Relation, Function, Lattices, Probability theory: conditional probability, Bayes’ theorem, probability distributions, Statistics: fundamentals, measurement of central tendency, sampling theory, sampling distributions, Matrix manipulation, Linear equation.
Components of computers
Processors, Primary and Secondary Memory Devices, Memory Management, I/O interfaces, System and Application software, Operating Systems, File Systems, DBMS, Computer networks, Internet and World Wide Web
Problem solving by computers
Basic programming in C & C++, Java, Basic Data Structures: Arrays, Linked lists, Trees, Graph, Fundamental Algorithms: Sorting and searching, Algorithm design techniques- divide and conquer, greedy, backtracking, dynamic programming.
Trends in IT Industry :
IT Applications, E-commerce, Wi-Fi, Protection and Security, Mobile Technologies, Global trends, General awareness about Indian IT, Indian IT Act & cyber law, IT Start-up ecosystem.
Online Application 14 December 2020 to 21 January 2021.
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.