Department of Technical Education Kerala Lateral Entry Test – Kerala LET 2016
Lateral Entry Scheme is intended to admit meritorious Diploma holders to the Second Year / Third Semester of the B.Tech Courses to acquire a Degree in Engineering. Lateral Entry Scheme is approved by Government of Kerala as per G.O (Ms) No.156/2002/H.Edn dated 13.11.2002 for 10% of the sanctioned seats in addition to total seats. In order to maintain uniformity among various schemes of Diploma holders, AICTE has suggested a state level Entrance Examination for the selection.
Institutions, Courses and Intake :
The list of various Engineering Institutions, the courses / branches offered and the number of seats available in each branch will be published in the website www.dtekerala.gov.in before the ensuing online allotment.
Kerala LET Eligibility for Admission
- DTE Kerala Admission will be as per the rank list prepared based on an objective type test conducted by the Joint Controller of Technical Examinations, Thiruvananthapuram vide Clause 9 of the prospectus.
- DTE Kerala Admission will be subject to regulations of the Universities concerned.
- Maximum age as on the last date of submission of application will be 30 Years.
- Non – Keralites are also eligible to apply but their admission will be restricted to the Private Self – Financing institution and Non – Government seats in the Government controlled Self – Financing institutions.
- Candidates will be admitted only to the branch of Engineering as per the equivalency given.
Kerala LET Eligibility for writing the Entrance Test
- Candidates who have passed Diploma in Engineering / Technology awarded by the State Board of Technical Education, Kerala or Equivalent after undergoing regular course of 3 years in an approved institution are eligible for writing the Entrance Test. All candidates should produce a certificate showing the duration of the course and the details of the certificate issuing authority properly authenticated by the head of institution concerned, in the space provided in the body of the application form. Candidates having Diploma not issued by the State board of Technical Education, Kerala should produce an Equivalency Certificate issued by the Director of Technical Education, Kerala along with the application.
- Candidates who have passed Diploma Examination through Lateral Entry / Distance Education of other State boards/ Universities are not eligible for writing the Entrance Test.
- Those who are appearing for the final year Diploma Examination are also eligible to apply subject to the condition that they will produce the Qualifying Certificate ( Original or Provisional ) at the time of Kerala LET Admission.
To know more about Eligibility Click Here
Kerala LET Reservation of Seats :
- All seats under Lateral Entry scheme in Government Engineering Colleges will be allotted as Government seats.
- The availability of Government seats in Government Controlled and other Private Self – Financing Engineering Colleges will be announced before the ensuing online admission.
- 15% of seats under Lateral Entry are reserved as Management seats in Aided Engineering Colleges and remaining 85% will be allotted as Government seats.
- Communal reservation for candidate belonging to Socially and Educationally Backward Classes ( SEBC ) and SC / ST category will be followed as per usual norms
- 3% seats are reserved for physically disabled candidates. Candidates claiming reservation under physically disabled quota shall have a minimum of 40% disability. A disability Certificate from the District Medical Board has to be attached along with the application. Such candidates are also directed to produce a certificate obtained from a Medical officer not below the rank of Assistant surgeon to ensure the fitness of candidates to undergo the course.
- One seat each is reserved for Electronics and Communication Engineering, Electrical & Electronics Engineering, Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science & Engineering, and Information Technology branch for defence quota. For claiming reservation in this quota, the certificate obtained in the prescribed format provided in the body of the application form.
- 80% of the available seats in Information Technology branch are reserved for the Diploma Holders in Information Technology.
Claim for Communal Reservation :
- Candidates beloging to SEBC whose annual family income ( annual income of all numbers in the family all sources taken together ) is up to 6.0 lakhs are eligible for reservation under the category.
- Candidates claiming reservation under SEBC category should produce both community and income certificates obtained from the concerned village officer in the space provided in the body of the application form.
- The candidates claiming reservations under SC / ST quota should produce community certificate in the space provided in the body of the application form.
- In the absence of SC / ST candidates, their seats will be filled from OEC category and they have to furnish community and income certificates from the Village Offices in the space provided in the body of the application from.
- Candidates who are not eligible for communal reservation benefit and who wish to be considered for any scholarship / concession based on the family income that may be announced by Government / College / Admitting Authority at any time after the submission of application should the income certificate, from the concerned authorities at the time of admission in the respective institutions.
Note : The Certificate issued by the e – District portal of the Government of Kerala will be preferred in lieu of the corresponding certificates.
To know more about Reservation of Seats Click Here
Kerala LET 2016 Application Form :
DTE Kerala LET 2016 Application forms and prospectus are available in the websites www.dtekerala.gov.in, www.tekerala.org.
Kerala LET 2016 Application Fee is 750/- for general candidates and 375/- for SC / ST candidates, which can be paid in ‘Shakti Account’ of the Joint Controller of Technical Examination from any branch of State Bank of Travancore. ST candidates whose annual income is below 40, 000/- are exempted from paying application fee on condition that they produce income certificate for the same.
Kerala LET 2016 Submission of Application :
DTE Kerala LET 2016 Applications are to be submitted online and the downloaded application form duly filled up along with the relevant certificates and Shakti Chelan form should reach the following addres by Registered Post / in Person.
The Joint Controller of Technical Examinations,
To know more about Application Form Click Here
Kerala LET 2016 Admit Card :
Kerala LET 2016 Admit Cards for the Examination can be downloaded from the website : www.dtekerala.gov.in, www.tekerala.org.
Kerala LET 2016 Exam Centres :
Kerala LET 2016 Examination centers will be at Thiruvananthapuram, Kollam, Alappuzha, Pathanamthitta, Kottayam, Thodupuzha, Ernakulam, Thrissur, Palakkad, Tirur, Malappuram, SulthanBathery, Kozhikode, Kannur & Kasaragod.
Kerala LET 2016 Syllabus
- English Syllabus
- Mathematics Syllabus
- Engineering Mechanics Syllabus
- Computer Science and Information Technology Syllabus
- Basic Civil Engineering Syllabus
- Mechanical Engineering Syllabus
- Basic Electrical Engineering Syllabus
- Electronics and Communication Syllabus
To know more about Syllabus Click Here
Kerala LET 2016 Results :
A fully Computerized system has been adopted for the valuation of the answer scriptas using optical mark reader ( OMR ) system and for the results.
Kerala LET 2016 Entrance Exam Results has been decalred
To know more about Results Click Here
Kerala LET Important Dates :
|1||Online Registration||1st March, 2016 t o 15th March, 2016|
|2||Last date of receipt of downloaded application in the joint controller of Technical Examinations office, Thiruvananthapuram||21st May. 2016|
|3||Downloading of Hall Tickets from the website||20th May, 2016 to 27th May, 2016|
|4||Date of Examination||28th May, 2016|
|5||Publication of Result||10th June, 2016|
|6||Downloading Score cards from the website||15th June, 2016 to 25th June, 2016|
|7||Online Filling options||18th June, 2016 to 25th June, 2016|
|8||1st Allotment||29th June, 2016|
|9||Admission ( 1st Allotment )||4th July, 2016 & 5th July, 2016|
|10||Rearranging higher options||8th July, 2016 & 9th July, 2016 ; 5.00 PM|
|11||2nd Allotment||13th July, 2016|
|12||Admission ( 2nd Allotment )||18th July, 2016 & 19th July, 2016|
|13||Rearranging higher options||18th July, 2016 & 19th July, 2016 ; 5.00 PM|
|14||3rd Allotment||25th July, 2016|
|15||Admission ( 3rd Allotment )||29th July, 2016|
Directorate of Technical Education,
Padma Vilasom Road, Fort P.O.
Kerala, Pin – 695 023,
Telephone No. : 0471 – 2451741,
Fax No. : 0471 – 2451369, 0471 – 2463733,
Website : www.dtekerala.gov.in.
engineering entrance exam - kerala let -