Kerala LET SeatsEngineering Entrance Exam » Kerala LET »
Kerala LET 2021 Reservation of Seats
- In Government Engineering Colleges all seats under Lateral Entry scheme will be allotted as Government seats.
- All seats under Lateral Entry scheme will be filled from the common rank list prepared by the Directorate of Technical Education for the LET Admission 2021.
- 15% of seats under Lateral Entry are reserved as Management seats in Aided Engineering Colleges and remaining 85% will be allotted as Government seats.
- The availability of Government seats in Government controlled and other Private Self – Financing Engineering Colleges will be announced before the ensuing online admission.
- Communal reservation for candidate belonging to Socially and Educationally Backward Classes ( SEBC ) and SC / ST category will be followed as per usual norms.
- 3% Seats are reserved for physically disabled candidates. Candidates claiming reservation under physically disabled quota shall have a minimum of 40% disability. A disability Certificate from the District Medical Board has to be attached along with the application. Such candidates are also directed to produce a certificate obtained from a Medical officer not below the rank of Assistant surgeon to ensure the fitness of candidates to undergo the course.
- One seat each is reserved for Electronics and Communication Engineering, Electrical & Electronics Engineering, Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science & Engineering, and Information Technology branch for defence quota. For claiming reservation in this quota, the certificate obtained in the prescribed format provided in the body of the application form.
Claim for Communal Reservation
- Candidates belonging to SEBC but do not belong to the category of creamy layer are eligible for reservation under this category.
- Candidates claiming reservation under SEBC category should Produce Non creamy layer certificates obtained from the concerned village officer / Tahsildar in the space provided in the body of the application form.
- The candidates claiming reservation under SC / ST quota should produce community certificate from the concerned Tahsildar in the space provided in the body of the application form.
- In the absence of SC / ST candidates, their seats will be filled from OEC category as per the Annexure-F of the Prospects and they have to furnish community and Non creamy layer certificates from the Village Officer in the space provided in the body of the application form.
- Candidates belonging to the communities whose annual family income is up to ₹ 6 lakhs are exempted from payment of fee. They should provide community and income certificates from the Village Officer in the prescribed format along with the printout of the application.
- Candidates who are not eligible for communal reservation benefit and who wish to be considered for any scholarship / concession based on the family income that may be announced by Government / College / Admitting Authority at any time after the submission of application should also submit the Non creamy layer certificate, from the concerned authorities at the time of admission in the respective institutions.
Note : The Certificate issued by the e-District portal of the Government of Kerala will be preferred in lieu of the corresponding certificates.
Online Application 14 December 2020 to 21 January 2021.
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.