NATA 2018 Exam Date, NATA Exam Date 2018, NATA Entrance Exam, NATA Eligibility, NATA Test 2018, NATA Entrance Exam Date, NATA Exam Eligibility, NATA Entrance Exam Age Limit, NATA Exam Pattern, NATA Application Form 2018, NATA Application Form, NATA Entrance Exam Online Application Form, NATA Exam Centres, NATA Test Centres, NATA Entrance Exam Online Registration, NATA Important Dates, NATA Official Website, NATA Online Registration 2018, NATA Application Process, NATA Syllabus, NATA Exam Schedule, National Aptitude Test In Architecture, NATA Admit Card, NATA Results, NATA Entrance Exam Results, NATA Important Dates, NATA Counselling
NATA 2018 Entrance Exam
National Aptitude Test in Architecture ( NATA ) invites admission Application for B. Arch programs for the academic session 2018 – 2019.
What is NATA?
In order to further strengthen the conduct of the test and to attract more number of bright aspirants into studying Architecture, COA has decided to conduct NATA 2018 for admission to B.Arch. in the academic session 2018 – 2019, as a one-day paper based examination all over the country. This would surely be a step towards producing competent architects to serve the society and to build the nation in coming decades, especially in view of the Govt. of India mission of Smart Cities.
NATA 2018 Eligibility
There is NO lower age limit to apply for NATA 2018.
Candidates may come from the following backgrounds:
- 10+2 or equivalent passed / appearing with Mathematics as one of the subjects of examination;
- 10+3 Diploma ( any stream ) passed / appearing recognized by Central / State Govts with Mathematics as one of the subjects of examination;
- International Baccalaureate Diploma passed / appearing, after 10 years of Schooling with Mathematics as compulsory subject of examination.
Note : The lower age limit for appearing in NATA 2018 has been waived. However, the candidate has to comply with any age constraints that may be specified by respective counselling / admission authority.
NATA 2018 Exam Pattern
All the booklets will be served at the beginning in one folder. MCQ answer sheet ( OMR ) for Part – A will be withdrawn after 90 minutes. It is to be noted carefully that the candidates must fill in as well as bubble in ALL the relevant information including the “Question Booklet No” at the indicated places on OMR Answer Sheet, Drawing Sheets and Attendance Sheet during examination.
Questions and all instructions will be available only in English medium.
|Subject||Distribution of Marks||Total Marks|
|Mathematics ( 20 Qs )||20 x 2||40|
|General Aptitude ( 40 Qs )||40 x 2||80|
|Drawing ( 2 Qs )||2 x 40||80|
Drawing Test :
Candidate has to attempt two questions within 90 minutes. The drawing aptitude is judged on the following aspects –
- Ability to sketch a given object proportionately and rendering the same in visually appealing manner;
- Visualising and drawing the effects of light on the object and shadows cast on surroundings;
- Sense of perspective drawing;
- Combining and composing given three dimensional elements to form a building or structural form;
- Creating interesting two dimensional composition using given shapes and forms;
- Creating visual harmony using colours in given composition;
- Understanding of scale and proportions;
- Drawing from memory through pencil sketch on themes from day to day experiences.
The Answer to each question in the ‘drawing’ paper will be examined by more than one examiner independently and the marks are to be averaged. The primary emphasis in scoring the drawing section is on the candidate’s drawing, imagination and observation skills. The candidate’s sense of proportion and perspective are also evaluated together with sense for colour and composition.
Tie breaking rules for overall score :
Unified merit list of candidates will be published in NATA – 2018. During merit listing, all candidates would get unique rank. Therefore, if more than one candidate gets the same overall marks, tie breaking logic would be applied in the following order:
- More overall marks obtained in Mathematics test component
- Less wrong answers in attempted ones of Mathematics test component
- More overall marks in problems of Aptitude test component
- Less wrong answers in attempted ones of aptitude test component
- Earlier date of birth
To know more about NATA 2018 Entrance Exam Click Here
NATA 2018 Online Application Form
Filling up of fields will be interactive in nature. As soon as the cursor is taken to a certain field, a cursor tip message will be shown to the candidate to assist in filling up. In case of difficulty, the help icon placed right next to the field will redirect the candidate to that section of the Brochure which deals with the filling up of the said field. Please note that the applicant name, father’s name, mother’s name, postal address and date of birth taken together must be unique for each application.
On completion and submission of the PERSONAL DETAILS, the system will generate a unique 7-digit numeric APPLICATION NUMBER for the candidate. The candidate has to choose a PASSWORD and keep it as guarded secret for all subsequent entries into their domain. A SECURITY QUESTION AND ANSWER will be captured from the candidate by the system at this stage. Candidate has to remember this question-answer pair for prompt retrieval of password in case it is forgotten at later stage. Once an Application Number is generated and the password is chosen, the candidate may logout of the system. The candidate will need to enter the system subsequently for various reasons as given below:
- Accessing and editing personal information ( till going to the document upload stage )
- Uploading of images.
- Printing of e-Challan for Bank / performing fee payment through EPG.
- Printing of the Confirmation Page.
- Correction to data during dates specified by the Council, if needed.
- Viewing of OMR answer sheet and result details after examination.
The candidate has to use this system generated Application Number and chosen password for subsequent login to the system for all subsequent accesses to the system. Therefore it is very important for the candidate to note down the application number and password. It is also important to note the security question and the answer pair for retrieval of password in case the candidate forgets the chosen password. So the candidate must note down the security question and answer for future reference.
NATA 2018 Application Form Process
- Application has to be filled up ONLINE at the NATA portal of NIC http://www.nata.nic.in or https://learning.tcsionhub.in/test/nata-2018
- Candidates need to visit the portal and CLICK the requisite link ONLINE APPLICATION NATA 2018 and thereafter will be directed to the actual application form. The form is interactive in nature and the fields required to be filled up are categorized in different sub-sections. The fields super-scribed with MUST be filled up as they are MANDATORY, otherwise the application will NOT get submitted.
- The application form is broadly categorized into three steps: filling of PERSONAL DETAILS; DOCUMENT UPLOADING & FEE PAYMENT. Please see Appendix-IV for detailed guidelines on fields to be entered at the time of online form filling.
- Candidates need to fill in the first part i.e. PERSONAL DETAILS and will thereafter be directed to DOCUMENT UPLOADING. Once the documents are successfully uploaded, the system enters into the FEE PAYMENT. Finally, the candidate must take a printout of CONFIRMATION PAGE generated upon successful fee payment for their own record. There is no need to send any document by post.
- Irrespective of his / her category and gender, a candidate applying for NATA 2018 has to pay 1800 /- ( Rupees One thousand and eight hundred and only ) as application fee, through ONLINE mode. This is inclusive of service fee charged by the bank. For SC / ST candidates the application fee is . 1500/- ( One thousand and five hundred only ). This is inclusive of service fee charged by the bank.
- Payment through EPG : The candidate has to click “Payment of fee using EPG services”, the system will automatically redirect to Billdesk payment gateway page. As per the candidate’s convenience, he / she may select any of the options to pay the application fee through electronic payment gateway via debit card, credit card or net banking and follow the online instructions to complete the payment process. After successful payment, payment gateway will redirect the candidate to home page that will show the status of fee payment. Upon successful payment, the candidate will be able to print the final “Confirmation Page”.
- Payment through ICICI Bank e-Challan : Attempt is being made to integrate ICICI Bank e-Challan as another payment option. In that option, the candidate has to select “ICICI Bank e-challan” to submit the application fee through bank. As soon as he / she selects it, an e-Challan will be generated containing details of the candidate. The candidate has to take a printout of the same and take it to the nearest Core Banking Service ( CBS ) facility enabled Branch of the Bank for making payment. After payment, the candidate has to login to the system and upload the details written on the e-Challan ( Journal No., Branch Name and Date etc. ) by the bank official. Only when the payment details are uploaded, the Confirmation Page will be generated.
To know more about NATA 2018 Application Form Click Here
NATA 2018 Exam Centres
The allocation of examination centre spread across all state capitals and other selected cities subject to availability of at least 250 students in general. Cities will be based on the choices given by the candidate during online form fill-up. However, discretion of the Council in allocation of examination centre shall be final. No request for change of allocated center will be entertained under any circumstances.
|City Code||State||City name|
|1||Andaman & nicobar||Port blair|
|42||Jammu and Kashmir||Jammu|
|44||Jharkhand||Bokaro Steel City|
Note: Final retention of city depends on availability/requests.
** Those opting for Dubai as their first choice of Exam city need to fill up two more choices mandatorily.
- The candidates choosing exam centre in Dubai as per their first choice, shall be liable to pay an additional fee of INR 8000 per candidate during the application process.
- The mode of payment of aforesaid additional fee would be notified in due course.
- Dubai cannot be chosen as second or third choice of exam city
To know more about NATA 2018 Exam Centres Click Here
NATA 2018 Admit Card
- For each Applicant, an Admit Card will be generated indicating the allotted Examination Centre for NATA 2018 and a downloadable version of the admit card will be published on the respective webpage of the candidate concerned. An Examination Roll Number will also be generated for each candidate.
- Candidate has to download the soft copy of the Admit Card from the website and has to appear in the examination with a printed hard copy at the concerned Examination Centre indicated in the downloaded Admit Card on production of the same along with Identical one copy of ( a ) Original photograph ( same as uploaded ) and ( b ) One photo identity card e.g. Voter Card, Pan Card, Aadhar Card, Driving Licence.
- Candidates must ensure that the photograph and signature printed on the admit card are not mutilated / distorted / soiled even by accident. Candidates with such mutilated / distorted / soiled admit cards will not be allowed to appear in NATA 2018.
- Candidates are advised to retain their admit cards carefully in secured place in undamaged condition in all respects as stated above till the completion of admission procedure.
- All applicants who appear to be prima facie eligible shall be provisionally permitted to sit for NATA 2018. If, after scrutiny at any stage, it is found that an applicant is otherwise ineligible, his / her candidature shall be cancelled even if he / she has appeared in NATA 2018 and secured a position in the merit list.
- The candidature shall also be cancelled if he / she fails to produce any of the required documents in original for fulfilment of eligibility and other criteria as specified earlier during counselling and physical admission and subsequent registration in respective affiliating institution.
NATA 2018 Results
NATA 2018 Result Date :
NATA 2018 Result Date : NATA 2018 Entrance Exam Results will be declared on 01st June, 2018
Please keep watching this page, to check your NATA Entrance Results 2018…
- After the examination, model answers to MCQ portion would be available in public domain for feedback from all concerned. Thereafter, the answers will be frozen by a set of reviewers not connected with the paper setting / moderation process.
- Before publication of results, the response sheets of each candidate will be uploaded along with subject wise mark( s ) secured. Candidates may request for rechecking of the machine recorded responses online by payment of 1000 INR per response ( Question ) within stipulated period of time. Council will consider all such cases prior to result publication.
- No review will be available for the drawing test. Further, there will be no provision for post publication scrutiny and /or review and hence will not entertain any such request after the result publication
To know more about NATA 2018 Results Click Here
NATA 2018 Counselling
An attempt will be made to normalize ( with respect to NATA 2018 ) the score of NATA 2018 qualified candidates seeking admission in the session 2018 – 2019 in order to specify their position in order of merit for counselling purposes. Such guidelines would be based on statistical analysis and the Council’s decision would be final in this regard.
Reservations under different categories :
NATA 2018 is a qualifying examination where a general merit list will be published along with score of candidate. Reservation is a prerogative of the admission/ counselling authority and this examination has nothing to do with it. However, candidates with specific disability of colour blindness may be debarred from admission to B. Arch. Course, as per the policy of the respective institution / University.
To know more about NATA 2018 Counselling Click Here
To know more about NATA 2018 Question Papers Click Here
NATA 2018 Schedule of Examination
|Date & Time of Examination||Subject and Marks of Examination|
|29th April, 2018|
( Sunday ) 10.30 a.m. to 1.30 p.m.
( Grand Total of 200 marks )
|Part-A ( FIRST 90 minutes ) TOTAL 120 Marks
Mathematics ( MCQ ) 20 x 2 = 40 Marks ( OMR BASED )
General Aptitude (MCQ ) 40 x 2 = 80 Marks ( OMR BASED )
|Part-B ( LAST 90 minutes ) TOTAL 80 Marks
Drawings ( TWO QUESTIONS ) in A4 Size paper 2x 40 = 80 Marks
NATA 2018 Important Dates
|S. No||Activity||Date ( with time )|
|1||Availability of information in the public domain||From 03rd January, 2018|
|2||Start of NATA 2018 Online form fill-up||16th January, 2018|
|3||End of NATA 2018 registration||02nd March, 2018|
|4||Publication of Downloadable Admit Card in www.nata.in||02nd April, 2018|
|5||Date and Time of NATA 2018 Examination||29th April, 2018. ( Sunday ) ( 10:30 AM to 01:30 PM )|
|6||Publication of NATA 2018 Results||01st June, 2018|
National Institute of Advanced Studies in Architecture,
CDSA, Survey no : 58 & 49 / 4, Bavdhan Khurd, Paud Road,
( Before Ambrosia Resort; Off Chandni Chowk ),
Pune – 411 021,
Telephone No. : 020–6573–1088,
Email : email@example.com,
Website : www.nata.in
|NATA 2018 Application Form : https://www.coa.gov.in/guest_user_registration1.php?lang=1|