National Aptitude Test in Architecture – NATA 2017
|| Application Form
|| Exam Centres
|| Question Papers
NATA 2017 Entrance Exam
National Aptitude Test in Architecture ( NATA ) invites admission Application for B. Arch programs for the academic session 2017 – 2018.
What is NATA?
In order to further strengthen the conduct of the test and to attract more number of bright aspirants into studying Architecture, COA has decided to conduct NATA 2017 for admission to B.Arch. in the academic session 2017 – 2018, as a one-day paper based examination all over the country. This would surely be a step towards producing competent architects to serve the society and to build the nation in coming decades, especially in view of the Govt. of India mission of Smart Cities.
NATA 2017 Eligibility
There is NO lower age limit to apply for NATA 2017.
Candidates may come from the following backgrounds:
- 10+2 or equivalent passed/appearing with Mathematics as one of the subjects of examination;
- 10+3 Diploma (any stream) passed/appearing recognized by Central/State Govts with Mathematics as one of the subjects of examination;
- International Baccalaureate Diploma passed/appearing, after 10 years of Schooling with Mathematics as compulsory subject of examination.
Note : The lower age limit for appearing in NATA 2017 has been waived. However, the candidate has to comply with any age constraints that may be specified by respective counselling / admission authority.
NATA 2017 Exam Pattern
All the booklets will be served at the beginning in one folder. MCQ answer sheet ( OMR ) for Part – A will be withdrawn after 90 minutes. It is to be noted carefully that the candidates must fill in as well as bubble in ALL the relevant information including the “Question Booklet No” at the indicated places on OMR Answer Sheet, Drawing Sheets and Attendance Sheet during examination.
Questions and all instructions will be available only in English medium.
|Subject||Distribution of Marks||Total Marks|
|Mathematics ( 20 Qs )||20 x 2||40|
|General Aptitude ( 40 Qs )||40 x 2||80|
|Drawing ( 2 Qs )||2 x 40||80|
Drawing Test :
Candidate has to attempt two questions within 90 minutes. The drawing aptitude is judged on the following aspects -
- Ability to sketch a given object proportionately and rendering the same in visually appealing manner;
- Visualising and drawing the effects of light on the object and shadows cast on surroundings;
- Sense of perspective drawing;
- Combining and composing given three dimensional elements to form a building or structural form;
- Creating interesting two dimensional composition using given shapes and forms;
- Creating visual harmony using colours in given composition;
- Understanding of scale and proportions;
- Drawing from memory through pencil sketch on themes from day to day experiences.
The Answer to each question in the ‘drawing’ paper will be examined by more than one examiner independently and the marks are to be averaged. The primary emphasis in scoring the drawing section is on the candidate’s drawing, imagination and observation skills. The candidate’s sense of proportion and perspective are also evaluated together with sense for colour and composition.
Tie breaking rules for overall score :
Unified merit list of candidates will be published in NATA – 2017. During merit listing, all candidates would get unique rank. Therefore, if more than one candidate gets the same overall marks, tie breaking logic would be applied in the following order:
- More overall marks obtained in Mathematics test component
- Less wrong answers in attempted ones of Mathematics test component
- More overall marks in problems of Aptitude test component
- Less wrong answers in attempted ones of aptitude test component
- Earlier date of birth
NATA 2017 Schedule of Examination
|Date & Time of Examination||Subject and Marks of Examination|
|16th April, 2017
( Sunday )
11.00 a.m. to 2.00 p.m.
( Grand Total of 200 marks )
|Part-A ( FIRST 90 minutes ) TOTAL 120 Marks
Mathematics ( MCQ ) 20X2 = 40 Marks ( OMR BASED )
General Aptitude (MCQ ) 40X2 = 80 Marks ( OMR BASED )
|Part-B ( LAST 90 minutes ) TOTAL 80 Marks
Drawings ( TWO SETS ) in A4 Size paper 2X 40 = 80 Marks
NATA 2018 Navigation : NATA Participating Institutions 2017, NATA Application Form Availability 2017, NATA 2017 Application Form, NATA 2017 Counselling, NATA 2017 Results, NATA Exam Centres 2017, NATA Test Centres 2017, National Aptitude Test in Architecture - NATA 2017, NATA Preparation Question Bank CD
NATA Related : NATA 2017 Entrance Exam, NATA 2017 Exam Date, NATA Exam for Architecture 2017, National Aptitude Test in Architecture – NATA 2017, NATA Entrance Test 2017, NATA 2017 Notification, NATA 2017 Entrance Exam Date, NATA Admission Test 2017, National Aptitude Test in Architecture 2017, NATA 2017 Eligibility Criteria, NATA 2017 Information Brochure, NATA 2017 Exam Schedule, NATA BArch Admissions 2017, NATA 2017 Admission Notification, NATA Test for Architecture 2017, NATA Architecture Test 2017, NATA Exam Details 2017, NATA 2017 Test Dates,
Home Application Form Exam Centres Results Counselling Question Papers NATA 2017 Entrance Exam National Aptitude Test in Architecture ( NATA ) invites admission Application for B. Arch programs for the academic session 2017 – 2018. What is NATA? In order to further … Continue reading
Posted In engineering entrance exam : nata : Leave a response for national aptitude test in architecture – nata 2017 by nirmala