National Institute of Technology – NIT Engineering Entrance ExamEngineering Entrance Exam » NIT »
NIT 2017 Entrance Exam
NIT 2017 Admission
National Institute of Technology 2017 Admission to Undergraduate Engineering / Architecture Programs for the candidates from India at NITs, IIITs, Other centrally funded Technical Institutions shall include the performance in the class 12/other Qualifying Examination and in the Joint Entrance Examination, JEE Main 2017.
List of BTech Courses ( 8 Semester ) offered by NIT Trichy
- BTech Civil Engineering
- BTech Computer Science & Engineering
- BTech Electrical & Electronics Engineering
- BTech Electronics & Communication Engineering
- BTech Instrumentation & Control Engineering
- BTech Mechanical Engineering
- BTech Metallurgical and Materials Engineering
- BTech Production Engineering
- BTech Chemical Engineering
NIT 2017 B. Arch. Course (10 Semester)
- Department of Architecture
Joint Entrance Examination ( Main )
The Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India has notified following two changes in the JEE pattern for 2017:
- There shall be no weightage for the 12th class marks in calculating the ranks in the JEE (Main) examination.
- Admission to Undergraduate Engineering / Architecture Programs for the candidates from India at NITs, IIITs, Other centrally funded Technical Institutions shall be based on the ranks in the Joint Entrance Examination, JEE ( Main ).
- For the candidates to qualify for the admission in the NITs / IIITs and such other CFTIs whose admissions are based on the JEE ( Main ) ranks, they should have secured at least 75% marks in the 12th class examination, or be in the top 20 percentile in the 12th class examination conducted by the respective Boards. For SC / ST students the qualifying marks would be 65% in the 12th class examination.
Joint Seat Allocation Authority ( JoSAA )
The Joint Seat Allocation Authority (JoSAA) has been set up by the Ministry of Human Resources Development (MHRD) to manage and regulate the joint seat allocation for admissions to 97 institutes for the academic year 2017-18. This includes 23 IITs, ISM, 31 NITs, 23 IIITs and 20 Other-Government Funded Technical Institutes (Other-GFTIs). Admission to all the academic programs offered by these Institutes will be made through a single platform through online. The endeavour of JoSAA has been to make the online seat allocation process to all the participating Institutes as candidate friendly as possible so as to reduce the anxiety and inconvenience associated with the admissions.
NIT 2017 Admission under DASA Scheme
NIT 2017 Admissions are open for Foreign Nationals / Persons of Indian Origin (PIOs) / Non-Resident Indians (NRIs) under Direct Admission of Students Abroad (DASA) Scheme to National Institutes of Technology (NITs), IIITs and other premier Technical Institutions.
NIT 2017 Important Dates
|1||JoSAA 2017 Registration||12th July, 2017 to 19th July, 2017|
|2||NIT Admission through JoSAA 2017||22th July to 26th July, 2017 ( 10.00 AM to 4.30 PM )|
|3||DASA 2017 Registration||10th July, 2017 to 18th July, 2017|
|4||NIT Admission through DASA 2017||21st July to 25th July, 2017|
The Dean ( Academic ),
National Institute of Technology,
Tiruchirappalli – 620 015,
Tamil Nadu, India,
Telephone No : + 91 ( 431 ) 2501801,
Fax No : + 91 ( 431 ) 2500133,
Website : www.nitt.edu.