Panjab University Lateral Engineering Entrance Test – PULEETEngineering Entrance Exam » Panjab University »
PULEET 2021 Entrance Exam
Panjab University Chandigarh receives application for PULEET 2021 ( Panjab University Lateral Entry Entrance Test ) Lateral Entry for BE Program 4 year course.
The PULEET 2021 is held for taking admission to the second year of the BE Engineering Course for the commencing session 2021 – 2022.
PULEET 2021 Eligibility Criteria
The lateral entry from Diploma to 2nd year of 4-year B.E. degree level will subject to the following conditions
- The candidate must have passed diploma in Engineering of minimum 3 year duration after Matriculation Examination with Physics and Mathematics, from polytechnic college / institute affiliated with state board of Technical education / University, or recognized by UGC /AICTE. In addition, the candidate must have obtained 60% ( 55% for SC / ST / BC / PwD ) marks as an aggregate in the Diploma Course as required by AICTE. or
- The candidate must have passed diploma in engineering of minimum 2 year duration after 10 + 2 from Polytechnic college / institute affiliated with state board of technical education / university, or recognized by UGC /AICTE. In addition, the candidate must have obtained 60% ( 55% for SC / ST / BC / PwD ) marks as an aggregate in the Diploma Course as required by AICTE.
- Candidate must have passed their qualifying examination i.e Diploma in Engineering not earlier than 2016.
- Admission would be made on the basis of merit obtained in the Entrance Examination to be conducted by the Panjab University, Chandigarh.
- Candidate having reappear or compartment in diploma in engineering is not eligible for admission in the course even though he / she clears the reappear or compartment by the time of counseling.
PULEET 2021 Exam Scheme
- The duration of the PULEET 2021 Entrance Test will be one hour and thirty minutes and it will consist of 75 multiple choice questions of one mark each. The syllabus will be based broadly on the course contents as provided in the Prospectus. There will be negative marking for wrong answers ( 1/4 marks will be deducted ).
PULEET 2021 Number of Seats
Seats available at Chandigarh College of Engineering & Technology, Sector 26, Chandigarh
Total Sanctioned Intake under LEET : 48 Seats
|(a)||STATE QUOTA (UT CHANDIGARH):|
All those candidates who have passed their qualifying examination 3 years
Diploma with 60% marks (55% marks for SC/ST/PwD) in aggregate but not
earlier than 2015 from Technical Institute/ Colleges located in the Union
Territory, Chandigarh and recognized by the Chandigarh Administration
|(b)||ALL INDIA QUOTA:|
Candidates who have passed their qualifying examination 3 years diploma
course with 60% marks (55% marks for SC/ST/PwD) in aggregate but not
earlier than 2015 but are not covered under category (a) above.
The Branch-wise break-up of the seats ( i.e. for 48 ) is given in the table below
|2||Sons/ Daughters /|
Spouses of military /
In addition to above, any seats lying vacant in the second year of Engineering Programmes are also to be filled through Lateral Entry along with 48 seats. At present 17 nos. seats are lying vacant due to surrender of seats by 1st year students and these seats are also to be filled in through PULEET.
The stream wise details are as under
|Stream||Nos. of vacant seats||Seats to filled in from amongst SC/ST Gen. Category
|Chd. Quota||All India Quota ( AIQ )||Chd. Quota ( CQ )||All India|
|SC||SC||ST||Gen. Category||Gen. Category|
- The above position of vacant seats is tentative. In case any other seat lying vacant due to surrender till the date of counselling, the same will also be filled in through PULEET alongwith 48 nos. additional seats in four streams.
- For details instructions with reference to LEET admission, please visit www.ccet.ac.in
- Candidates seeking admission against any of the reserved seats required to submit a Certificate regarding their category in the prescribed form duly issued and signed by the concerned authority of the State. The admission of candidate against reserved seat will be provisional subject to verification of his/her certificate from the issuing authority. If at any time after enquiry it is proved that the student has got the benefit by misrepresentation of facts or submitting false documents, his / her candidature shall be deemed to have
- The Institute follows reservation policy of Chandigarh Administration issued from time to time.
- The Institute follows sports policy of Chandigarh Administration issued from time to time.
- Seats under AIQ and CQ are not interchangeable.
Seats available at University Institute of Engineering & Technology, PU Regional Centre, Bajwara, Hoshiarpur
Total Vacant Seats under LEET : 44 Seats
- In case any other seat falling vacant due to surrender till the date of counseling, the same will also be filled in through PULEET.
- For detailed instructions with reference to PULEET admissions, please visit http://ssgpurch.puchd.ac.in
- Candidates seeking admission against any of the reserved seats are required to submit a Certificate regarding their category in the prescribed format mentioned in the Prospectus duly issued and signed by the concerned Authority. The admission of candidate against reserved seat will be provisional, subject to verification of his / her
certificate from the issuing authority. If at any time after enquiry it is proved that the student has got the benefit by misrepresentation of facts or submitting false documents, his / her candidature shall be deemed to have been cancelled.
Online Application 14 December 2020 to 21 January 2021.
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.